• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Current Anime you are watching/reading?

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I saw a favorite anime thread, but this is supposed to be more like the, what are you listening to now thread.

So to start off, Im actually in the process of watching Death Note dubbed since Im buying the DVD's even though I watched it when it was coming out in Japan.

Also, I started Darker than Black since the first dvd has been released since a little while ago. I saw it already too, but I like the dub better so far.

And I never actually watched it, but I picked up the first season of Black Lagoon. I think I may watch it this weekend.

Ah, and I forgot, I have the last disc of the Devil May Cry anime left. It's actually better than I thought it would be. It isnt amazing, but it's decent.

Dumb Apple

Soul Wrought of Terra Corrupt
AKA
Geostigma, Omega Gist
:/ I started watching the DMC anime a long time ago, but I got bored with it real quick.

Currently Watching: Soul Eater.

@.@ It's eating me a live. I've watched 28 episodes in less then 48 hours. I luuuurv it, and I luuuurv Stein. <3

Currently Reading: Naruto, Bleach, Kuroshitsuji

Naruto has become my crack manga, where I read it because I want to know what happens, not necessarily because I'm enjoying it too much anymore. Things have gotten real interesting as of late, but for a while it was the Sas-uke show. Pfft, boring.

Same goes for Bleach; it's dragging on far too long, and it seems to take forever to get to the point. HOWEVER, there are still some unresolved stuff and fights that I'm just dying to see how it plays out.

Kuroshitsuji:
... Ok, so part of me loves this because of the homoerotic undertones. Past that, it's a very, very, very pretty manga and has just enough plot to keep me attached.

kunoichi

dead
I haven't watched any anime for ages so I decided to pick up v

black-lagoon-anime.jpg

Didn't think much of it at first (and I haven't got round to reading the manga which I might do soon) but after watching it a few more times I'm starting to like it.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Just reading my weekly shonen. Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. Other than that, I find other manga by chance. There's Deadman Wonderland and Highschool of the Dead too.

Seph

Dark Knight
AKA
Seph Stampede
Technically, I'm currently trying to get through Le Chevalier D'Eon, but I'm only three episodes in and that was months ago...

Lone_Island

Even More Epic member
Well, just finished Naruto Shippuuden Episode 88 and a movie of it. I'm waiting for the next DVD to arrive next week.
right now, I'm at episode 3 of Vampire knight - guilty.
soon will start watching death note and Helsing.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Ah Kunoichi, Im watching it as well. I just bought the first set of the first season a little while ago. Me and a few friends got through the first 7 eps I believe. It does get better as you watch.

Also I received Darker than Black vol 2 yesterday in the mail.

kunoichi

dead
Anyone here watching or watched Hellsing Ultimate? I really want to buy it but before I do I want too know if, well 1 it's worth the money and 2 is this closer to the manga than the first anime?

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Anyone here watching or watched Hellsing Ultimate? I really want to buy it but before I do I want too know if, well 1 it's worth the money and 2 is this closer to the manga than the first anime?

I saw the first two eps. I havent read the manga but everywhere I have read has said its way closer to the manga. The Valentine brother still piss me off.

It's good though. Im not a huge hellsing fan, but I found it entertaining.

I'm on Death Note.
Episode 20.

Last DVD coming out this Feb. Ill have all the limited edition figures then. Most people didnt like the middle of the series, or the last arc as much as the first, but I thought it was done really well.

If you can, when you are done try and find the 3 hour special about Ryuk telling the story to another shinigami in the shinigami world.
Tonight I'm gonna watch another 6-7 episodes.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
[quote author=kunoichi link=topic=216.msg10642#msg10642 date=1232704995]
[/quote]

I find it better than the first anime thingy, mainly due to it being of a far bigger quality. Also, the story's quite different from the other anime thingy, and I quite like it.

However, spending half a year (and more) on just a single episode is a tad much, imho.

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi
[quote author=Seph link=topic=216.msg6723#msg6723 date=1231416836]
Technically, I'm currently trying to get through Le Chevalier D'Eon, but I'm only three episodes in and that was months ago...
[/quote]

I got past 15 minutes of the first episode, but that was four months ago...

The only thing I'm curently following right now is Hajime no Ippo, season 3. I've been really lazy w/ keeping uptodate on the manga (833 ch. wtf?), so I'm glad madhouse picked this up right where it left off, after the OVA.

kunoichi: how do you rate black lagoon on a scale of 1 - 10? I see the boxset for s1 up for sale priced at 35 bucks. That's pretty cheap, but I'd still like to know if it's really worth investing my time in. I don't want to squander another 40 bucks on something I'm just going to leave rotting on my shelf (ie. Glass Fleet)

kunoichi

dead
@H. I've only got the first DVD and tbh I'm not going to rush out for the rest at the moment. As I said I haven't read the manga so can't really comment if it's faithfull or not, but what I've seen is ok so I'd give it maybe a 5 (or 6 at a push.)

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I've watching the DMC anime and the Trinity Blood anime. I've also been reading the VHD manga and the Trintiy Blood manga.

Yes, I like demons, vampires and blood. ;P

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. dunno wtf is this of, but I shall see it anyway.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Finished it at work today. Apparently it's not. Left a bitter taste in my mouth due to various reality warping plots ala Paprika. And hrrrmmmm... Could mean that it's another gainax work.

kunoichi

dead
After reading a review for Manga Sutra, or Futari H as it's known in japan, which gave it a positive review I thought I'd have a look.. It's alright I guess lol. I read somewhere that this series is still going, like it's in it's 40th volume or something stupid like that. And then there's the anime, but I haven't seen that.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Trinity Blood anime

Prepare to be disappointed with the ending. Other than that, it was good.

The novels are ALOT better and way different. They were the original source, not the manga. Though Tokyopop is in trouble so the releases have slowed down considerably.

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi
[quote author=mimura link=topic=216.msg11263#msg11263 date=1232998562]
Isn't that a Shoujo anime Mumble? :monster:
[/quote]

I don't know of any boob-obsessed shoujo lovers cause,
ya know, like when all those females, including the shemale, turn into a boob-mobile.

But you never know.
But still, don't listen to Mumble. It was definitely worth watching for the epic lulz I got from "marilyn monroe" during "the war" epi, and the bruce lee impressions. There were other scenes, but I've got a minor brain leak atm.

Nocturne: How about the TB mangas though? I was seriously thinking of buying v1 when I saw them over at kinokuniya. But you say the novels > manga/anime ???? I don't mind buying the originals, just never saw the novels anywhere. Have any idea where I can import them from?

kunoichi: I think I might just buy the s1 boxset. It seems like the price range is almost the same as the single DVD. I really wish they would opt to do the sub release with the prices slashed (a la gurren lagaan?). I really don't care for dubs, anyway.

Nocturne

AKA
Just Nocturne will do
I don't mind buying the originals, just never saw the novels anywhere. Have any idea where I can import them from?

Oh they have released them here. I think the first 4 or 5 are here. I have them, but I forget since I havent read them in a while. There are 12 in all.

EDIT: and truthfully, I never liked the manga. Not because of the story and I have no idea how it differs from the anime, if it does at all, I just really disliked the art style they used for it. It almost looked chibi at times which doesnt fit the series at all.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
[quote author=H link=topic=216.msg11332#msg11332 date=1233016249]
[quote author=mimura link=topic=216.msg11263#msg11263 date=1232998562]
Isn't that a Shoujo anime Mumble? :monster:
[/quote]

I don't know of any boob-obsessed shoujo lovers cause,
ya know, like when all those females, including the shemale, turn into a boob-mobile.

But you never know.
But still, don't listen to Mumble. It was definitely worth watching for the epic lulz I got from "marilyn monroe" during "the war" epi, and the bruce lee impressions. There were other scenes, but I've got a minor brain leak atm.

[/quote]

WASN'T MARYLIN WARPED AWAY LATER? I enjoyed it's lulz, IF ONLY they removed the drama llama nonsense. somehow... it has become...Anti-lulz. The punchline is nil. But I still will accept it whole heartily. Sheena, what did Edward say about Bella? etc etc etc? yeah that.

H

dead
AKA
Oryx, Debussy, Hatsumimi
[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=216.msg11383#msg11383 date=1233033247]

WASN'T MARYLIN WARPED AWAY LATER? I enjoyed it's lulz, IF ONLY they removed the drama llama nonsense. somehow... it has become...Anti-lulz. The punchline is nil. But I still will accept it whole heartily.
[/quote]

I think Marilyin was warped away as soon as she came, lol. Not sure if it was "warped" or,
sealed in a toxic waste canister and sent off
. I can't remember, since I watched it ages ago.

Anyway, the lulz may be good, but that stuff gets old fast. The "seriux bixness" part was actually one of the positive things about the series. The fact that all those goof-ball events happened for a reason, and that your past events can affect the future, etc etc blah blah blah. Doesn't clear up much when we actually catch up to Abe no Seimei, but it did clear up A LOT.

However, the problem with the "serious dramaz" part was whenever it got totally serious, and they'd try to add those really awkard boob scenes between Mune and Sasshi to lighten the mood, but since you know...she's technically his
grandmother
, it totally killed the mood.

Well...unless you're into that sort of taboo relationship. Plus Mune is pretty hot (even from a non-lesbian standpoint). :P

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Abenobashi was quite entertaining.

I need to watch that again.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
[quote author=H link=topic=216.msg11403#msg11403 date=1233037640]

Well...unless you're into that sort of taboo relationship. Plus Mune is pretty hot (even from a non-lesbian standpoint). :P
[/quote]

Mune x 2 is quite lulzy. I find the grandmother thing sort of a funny twist. It defies logic. How can a hot babe be this boys gran?? lolol

ALSO! I'm still stuck in this Deadman Wonderland thing. Made by the dude who drew Eureka Seven's manga.

It brings to question as to when there will be a mario manga. or his bro, weegee.

Top Bottom