• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Cyberpunk 2077

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
"Coming when its ready" yeah it has been like that for a while.

Very interested in this game.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
They announced this like a bazillion years ago didn't they?

"[Genre] [Date]" title sounds like one of those shameless sports franchises. :monster: It'll be interesting to see them going full-on into development on it, I guess.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Yeah, they announced it in like 2011 or something. The trailer is from 2013, but they'd officially said that they weren't going to be talking about this project at all until they'd completely wrapped up work on The Witcher so as not to split focus -- which is why we're shifting gears to this now, and why it isn't the same as most of the other, "It'll come out eventually" type games.

X :neo:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
The way the reveal it was awesome with the whole hacking of the conference.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
Oh shit, well....lookswise FFVII:R has got a challenger :monster:

Lex

Administrator
I'm mildly disappointed by how male-focused the new trailer seems to be, but we know absolutely nothing about the game yet so I'll reserve judgement for now. It's just not quite the direction I thought they were going with from the first trailer.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
A message hidden in code within the trailer:

Hijacking the top comment to show a hidden letter from CDPR in the background of the reveal.

It's been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk 2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and... went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077's pre-production. But we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realise you've been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time, and we wouldn't want anyone to feel that we're taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real, too :).

But to the point. Today is the day. If you're seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilised life, and gangs rule the rest. And, while this world is full of adrenaline, don't let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true single player, story-driven RPG. You'll be able to create your own character and..., well, you'll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions, right?

1. When? When we told you we would only release the game when it's ready, we meant it. We're definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it's still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it's the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.

2. How big? Seriously big, but..., to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we'll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.

3. Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM-free on PC.

4. Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours, CD PROJEKT RED Team

Random Nobody

local roach
I'm mildly disappointed by how male-focused the new trailer seems to be, but we know absolutely nothing about the game yet so I'll reserve judgement for now. It's just not quite the direction I thought they were going with from the first trailer.
I think you briefly see a female PC in the teaser (judging by her identical jacket), but yeah it's tonally a bit different from what I expected from the initial trailer. I think I was anticipating something more GITS, but to be really fair, this is probably more in line with the source material.

Looks interesting aesthetically, but management™ is out of Cyberpunk caring juice and we won't be restocking until at earliest Q2 2019.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh shit, well....lookswise FFVII:R has got a challenger :monster:

FFVII Remade will probably not aim to win prizes for graphics tbf. Actually I was sure it would be a subpar / cheap remake, if they hadn't gone dark for years now. I wouldn't be surprised if they did aim to put at most a year of development into the game if it wasn't for the responses they got at the original trailer.

Ghost X

There are concerns about it not being able to get the tick of approval from the Australian censorship board. *puts pacifier in mouth*

Lex

Administrator
See my post in the LGBT(Q) thread where this is more relevant:

1534885147247-png.1540

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
Finally sat down and watched the entire gameplay reveal.

I wouldn't say that I'm hyped, but it's certainly piqued my interest.

Top Bottom