Cybersix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Mako's going to hate me for this, as it will mean another incomplete comic that I am bringing to his- and your- attention, but I want to spread the word of Cybersix

I didn't even know Cybersix existed a week ago. I discovered it while looking for TV themes to put on a custom album of TV themes. Intrigued by its opening, I watched a couple episodes today. The TV series, made in Canada in 99, is quite good for a 13 episode kid's show, but doesn't hold a candle to the original Argentinian comic book.

In brief, the series is about the titular Cyber six, a genetically engineered superhuman who fights the machinations of her creator to stay alive and protect those she cares about.
Partly, her survival is reactive- she fights to avoid destruction- but it's also proactive- without the oddly named 'sustenance,' she cannot live.
She lives by day as Adrian Seidleman, a male English literature teacher for a trouble children's school. 'His' best best friend is Science teacher and Scientific Journalist, Lucas, who is fascinated with Cyber Six after seeing her activities one night. She is also attracted to him.
Other interesting characters are Data 7, 6's brother 29's brain implanted into the body of a panther, and Jose, an insane genius madman stuck in the body and temperament of a 12 year old by his even more insane father (whom he is a clone of), 6's creator.

Only seven chapters have been translated into English- one of the few major languages this thing HASN'T had an official release into- but they are still quite awesome.

http://rapidshare.com/files/362082295/Cybersix_01_ENG.cbr Those are the first seven chapters, translated. The existing scanlation project seems to have stalled, if not died.
I am currently on the lookout for scans in any other language. Better than nothing, after all.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
YES YES YES YES YES

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEES RYU YOU ROCK FOR MAKING THIS THREAD

This was my shit back in like 2000-2001. I'd religiously watch it everyday on Teletoon when I got home from school. Even if it was an episode I'd seen a zillion times before. The opening/end themes are soso amazing (I could never find a full length version of either... not even a name for the artist who sang them :( )

I'm not even gonna lie, Cybersix probably made me question my sexuality a little. Yeah she was a sexy badass, leather-clad chick... but she made a really cute guy. :sadpanda:

I don't want to spoil anything... but does the comic shed any light as to what happens at the end of the series? Hell, does the comic have much in common with the series at all?

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The comic and the series go in vastly different directions. To whit, in the comics, the budding something between Lucas and Six does get actualized, wheras in the show, it's still in the budding stage.
Also, the comic ran for over 50 issues, so there's a lot more there than in the TV series, period.

As for the Cybersix theme, Coral Egan sang, tune and lyrics by Robert Oliver. No full version is released for public consumption at this time, though it does exist.

This was my shit back in like 2000-2001. I'd religiously watch it everyday on Teletoon when I got home from school. Even if it was an episode I'd seen a zillion times before.
Pretty much this. Though it's been so long I didn't realize there were so few episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom