• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dark Horse Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I've been hearing good things about them so far. Still haven't ordered mine yet, but it's favorited on Amazon. Aaaand hot damn, I see it's dropped even FURTHER in price since I've added it!

Should I do it?

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
I think I'm going to ask for Volume 1 for my birthday, since it's gotten cheaper. I saw it in the bookstore when I was browsing the other day, and I was surprised by how big and heavy the book was. I may do the same thing with 2 and 3--wait them to release and then drop in price. Depends on how much I want to read ultimania stuffs on XII. :wacky:

Lex

Administrator
That'll be another FF book from amazon that has an "updated delivery schedule" lmao. Due to ship some time in January *shrug*

JBedford

Pro Adventurer
AKA
JBed
In addition to the 25th Ultimania (which are mostly artbooks), I expect the 20th Anniversary Ultimanias should contain more information about FFI closer to what you find in a normal Ultimania-- they're three books covering FFI-12 and X-2, each focusing on a different topic (Character, Scenario, and Battle). They each have 15 or so pages for FFI. I don't own them so I can't tell you that much.

There have been companion books for the FF games since the original FFI. But they were basic strategy guides and data lists at the start, and got more thorough as games went along. At the time of FFI, Tokuma Shoten/Famimaga were publishing the books and the the 63-page Final Fantasy Kanzen Kōryakuhon was the single book released with it. By the time the FFI/FFII double set were rereleased in Japan together, NTT Publishing had taken over and they published a book covering the two games with roughly the same number of pages dedicated to FFI.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
@Blade
@JBedford

I have two of those 20th Anniversary Ultimanias. Anything in particular you're wondering, Blade, or are you just curious about the breadth of the coverage FFI received?

Last edited:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
^I am most curious about how much is actually covered concerning FF1, particularly in relationship with other FFs that reference it like Dissidia and FF Dimensions.

In addition I'd like to know if there is any "lore" that extends beyond FF1's simplistic plot.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
^I am most curious about how much is actually covered concerning FF1, particularly in relationship with other FFs that reference it like Dissidia and FF Dimensions.

In addition I'd like to know if there is any "lore" that extends beyond FF1's simplistic plot.

Well the Dissidia games added quite a bit to FF1’s lore if you take them as canon.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato

Not in Ultimania Archive, it covers the game as it was, though it does make reference to how the unused Warrior of Light art became it's Dissidis rep. lots of big art pieces for the FFI section though.

Top Bottom