DC Starts Over… Again! (Rebirth)

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Every comic book in the entire DC Comics universe will relaunch with a new #1 issue (or simply end, or be replaced by another series). That is, except for Action Comics and Detective Comics, which will instead resume their classic numbering, picking up at #957 and #934, adding the New 52 issues to their total count. It's been widely rumored that those two series, along with some others, would move to a twice-monthly shipping schedule, and that was also confirmed by DC Comics.

Other twice-monthly issues include: Aquaman, Batman, The Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lanterns, Superman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan & the Green Lantern Corps, Justice League, Nightwing, Cyborg, Deathstroke, Harley Quinn, Justice League America, and Suicide Squad. Details on the series and creative teams will be revealed at Wonder Con on March 26.

DCU books will return to a $2.99 price point across the line, as well, after their "Hold the line at $2.99" tagline was abandoned as some books rose to $3.99 over the last few years. Retailers, however, are somewhat skeptical about the price point change.

"If you have a proven record with success you don't need to lower your prices," Dennis Barger of Wonderworld Comics told ComicBook.com. "DC has to bring the price of the line down to $2.99 for retailers and fans to trust them again. And still, most retailers I know intend to be very cautious."

Full details here: http://comicbook.com/2016/02/18/first-dc-comics-rebirth-details-officially-released/

Maybe this time, they can figure out how to maintain character continuity between titles. :awesomonster:

X :neo:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
DC and starting over, it's ridiculous. Though if they can be consistently good again I'm all for it. The New 52 has been a disappointed so far. I want old Wally back, I'm so not a fan of this new version that has unfortunately been put on the show too.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I read only 2 DC titles, Batman and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. Batman has a been a mess for awhile now. I know everybody has been riding Scott Snyder as the best thing since sliced bread, but to be honest, Zero Year was a waste and complete let down. This whole mess with End Game and the subsequent Gordon as Batman story arc have just been flat out awful. I hope DC can find a way to rescue themselves.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm just wondering if we'll get Terry back for Batman Beyond (I really hope so, since it was the only reason I cared about that comic), and if they'll keep with what they've been doing with Harley Quinn (which I fucking love) and actually portray her that way in other comics, too.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
and if they'll keep with what they've been doing with Harley Quinn (which I fucking love) and actually portray her that way in other comics, too.

By far one of the few things about the New 52 that I actually liked. Also Barbs new outfit.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Batgirl & the Birds of the Prey, Batman, Detective Comics, Nightwing, Teen Titans and Titans I'm quite interested in. Maybe Deathstroke as well.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
It looks like some of ya'll are sick of the story reboots, but for someone like me who hasn't read much of DC's comics lately except for Harley Quinn these days), it'll be a good opportunity to start over from the beginning.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
It looks like some of ya'll are sick of the story reboots, but for someone like me who hasn't read much of DC's comics lately except for Harley Quinn these days), it'll be a good opportunity to start over from the beginning.

Thisrebootis actually being more inclusive of pre-Flashpoint history thennu52, if I'm getting Jim Lee'sexplanation right.
Call me when Cassandra Cain is batgirl again.

She's got her mask back, pretty sure that's as close as she'll get in very long time. Babs is the Batgirl in all the videogames and is steadily becoming the less prominent Oracle as opposed to Felicity.

vaderSW1

Dark Knight of the Red Wings
I'm really not sure how I feel about
Dr. Manhattan and The Watchmen being pulled into the general DC Universe. I've always felt that The Watchmen should remain outside the realm of the regular DC Universe. I really don't like that DC is making him a villain. IMO, there was never anything villainous about Dr. Manhattan. He saw the world in a different way. He saw people in a different way. This was all because of the powers he obtained through his accident. I'm sure Alan Moore is shitty about it
. I suppose I'm just tired of DC rebooting itself over and over again. It just feels unnecessary.

Top Bottom