• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dead Space

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
Hey peoples, I was curious to what you gaiz thought about this game as I've started playing it recently. I have to say, I REALLY love this game, ALOT. They way it was designed with all the holographic menus, the way the setting looks and the detail in the game itself, it's just amazing, imo. The music score designed for this game just blew me away too, I want this OST XD. I think I'm becoming a BIG Dead Space fan cuz of itm though it actually does scare the shit out of me at times, especially when you play it so late at night LMAO! So, any you gaiz like this game or your thoughts on it?

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
game is awesome.

Wish Re5 was more like it.

Control wise and atmosphere/horror aspect wise too.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
I can't get over how creepy those damn Necromorphs are *shudder*. I hate when they crawl towards me after I shoot legs off or something, catch me off guard and then those rooms you go into where you hear those CREEEEPY whispery voices... agh! >_<! I just love it though, really i do XD. I think I almost hallucinated one night after playing it about 3 am in the morning LOL!

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
the only part of the game I hated was the stupid asteroid shooting bit.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Asteroid bit? Can you elaborate Dacon? I'm still on chapter 3 as I started it recently.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
I loved this game as well. To be honest, Dead Space was the first horror/survival game I ever owned/completed. Was definitely a winner in my book in pretty much all aspects. Luckily, I didn't piss myself at any given moment during gameplay.

And yes, the asteroid bits were THE most annoying parts of the game.

Asteroid bit? Can you elaborate Dacon? I'm still on chapter 3 as I started it recently.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +
you need to shoot down asteroids that are coming at the ship. they show up in random places, at random speeds, and random sizes. and it's a bitch to complete.

I wasn't impressed with this game. didnt creep me out at all, scares were predictable. Didn't find the enemies scary at all, and more variety would have been nice.
the atmosphere was meh imo. I never felt immersed or anything, always disconnected, and like I said before, wasn't creepy.
Lack of boss fights is dissapointing. final boss fight is dissapointing.
purposeful time wasting things to extend gameplay. (for example the gunk that slows down your movement. I can see it being there when enemies are around, but when there's not, it's sole purpose is to extend gametime)
ending was predictable.
More explanation was needed on the launching meteor rock bit :awesome:

the game was fun to play though, just not as fun as everyone else is saying. the zero g parts were done very well.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
@ Interslicery, Awww I see XD. Thanks for the explanation! Will help greatly once I get to that point ^_^. Ya I know the Zero Gravity parts are amazing O.O

@ Integra, I'm glad you seemed to have liked it as much as I have :). I'm seriously turning into a major fan of this game, I even started watching the Online Animated Comics on the site too and I can't wait to see the Animated Prequel "Dead Space: Downfall" :joy:!!!

So any one else think this game was a good playthrough? Oh ya, did anyone manage to get all the trophies that are available to win for it too?

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

right, you mentioning the prequel anime reminded me of the story.

where they explain jack-all about wtf this thing actually is, or how the hell it does anything that it does. all they say about it is we made it awhile ago, sent it to some planet and then made that area a no fly zone so no one would stumble across it.
apparently it makes people go crazy and keeps the creatures on the planet? um, how exactly? is it creating them or something? do they find it sacred and are pissed off it's not on the planet anymore and they're just lashing out? :awesome:

and I may be wrong about this cause I havent played it since it first came out, but did they even explain how the religion knew about the damn things? WAS the damn thing making them? there's just no fucking explanation about how the damn thing relates to them other than it keeps them on the planet. and it makes people nuts for some reason.

and his gf or wife or whatever being dead wasn't a suprise. neither was bitch face being a traitor. she blamed whats his name for fucking everything. she'd randomly show up just to say "you dick, you're assigned a gun so you're responsible for this shit. you believe me right issac? :awesome:"

why would a repair team need security detail when heading out to a mining ship anyway?

this games story pisses me off.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Awwwlz :(... I like the story so far really, but i understand if you don't like it. I'm just so into this game I can't help it LMAOz XD. Thanks for teh feedback though, will give me a little insight for questions to look for.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Ah, the anime prequel. I still have $3 coupon for it that I wish to use. :monster: Planning on getting it sometime soon, even if they barely explain anything extra in it.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Wow Inter is really butthurt over this game lawl.:awesome:

I loved the game, best Survival Horror in a long time, if you at the very least weren't creeped out then there's something wrong with you.

They needed a security team because they couldn't contact the Ishimura btw, so they assumed something was wrong.

Also, you need to pay more attention to the story if you were that confused by it. Either that, or not skip video and audio logs.

Last edited:

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Creeped out, I was nearly freaking out at some parts lmao! It's freaky when they crawl towards you and then they come at you out of nowhere... and then the smart little bastardz really know how to catch you off-guard none-the-less. Whew, ish awesomez, though I got stuck on it now XD. I need to work my strategy better in order to get out of it XP.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Wow Inter is really butthurt over this game lawl.:awesome:

I loved the game, best Survival Horror in a long time, if you at the very least weren't creeped out then there's something wrong with you.

They needed a security team because they couldn't contact the Ishimura btw, so they assumed something was wrong.

Also, you need to pay more attention to the story if you were that confused by it. Either that, or not skip video and audio logs.
I dont find popup scares creepy.

fair enough.

then perhaps you would be so kind as to explain wtf the thing actually is? :awesome: cause I didnt skip anything

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It's a reverse engineered version of an artifact found on earth. The marker was brought to that colony to test it. When the things went apeshit and people started killing each other they had the bright idea to bury it on the colony, and then the Ishimura came and discorvered it like 20 years later.

It's some kind of divine artifact of that unitology crap, they think it's a representation that all their beliefs are true. All of that shit written all over it is supposedly the DNA recombinat code for necromorphs. The guy on the ship, the one who was helping you said it was used to seal the Necromorph hivemind on the planet.

Apparently it was causing the halucinations Isaac was having of his girlfriend too, according to folks.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Oh that's cool, thanks Dacon ^^. I can't wait to get through the rest of it. I was wondering about that after I saw most of the online web comics of Dead Space. Still, tankies!

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

It's a reverse engineered version of an artifact found on earth. The marker was brought to that colony to test it. When the things went apeshit and people started killing each other they had the bright idea to bury it on the colony, and then the Ishimura came and discorvered it like 20 years later.

It's some kind of divine artifact of that unitology crap, they think it's a representation that all their beliefs are true. All of that shit written all over it is supposedly the DNA recombinat code for necromorphs. The guy on the ship, the one who was helping you said it was used to seal the Necromorph hivemind on the planet.

Apparently it was causing the halucinations Isaac was having of his girlfriend too, according to folks.
fair enough :monster:

still dont like the story tho.

Mariketsu

AKA
Razael
Well it does give good explanation, but I don't mind spoilers :monster:, there's a big difference between hearing and seeing it for me LMAOz. Does it get alot harder as you go? I'm on Normal mode for me playthrough, and I may do the hard mode once I finish my first run. I may try to get some of the trophies too, though the 3 I have are bronze XD. Only game types I'm actually good at are games that involve shooting, though this one is a challenge to me cuz you have to shoot the limbs and not the body.

+ Angel-Winged Demon +

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow.

I still play this occasionally on PS3... Can't believe I'll be seeing a Remake this on PS5, lol.

This is truly one of the best horror games of the early HD era. I wonder if they'd remake Dead Space 2? :monster:

BlueCollarNerd

Pro Adventurer
Remake announced, for PS5, Xbox Series and PC.

Don't know how I missed the initial remake announcement, but I am so excited for this! Dead Space 1 is easily one of my favorite horror game of all time. Might even be my number 1.

sees these games sitting in my steam library

I should really get on them huh

Yes you should, you are missing out. I think the first game is the best, 2 was disappointing story wise, 3 was great but the first is still my favorite.

Top Bottom