Delete this account?

kunoichi

dead
Can someone explain to me what the point is of having this option? I've read that it'll do exactly that but why would someone want to?

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Dunno, but it's occurred before that people have explicitly requested their account to be deleted, usually after dumb arguments or fits of emo. It's also a good way to remove traces of one's activity on a forum (although that's probably undoable, :monster: ), and I'm sure there's people that like that.

I think I can remove the option, if there's any valid reasons to.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Can we keep it? If Words gets over here, I'm gonna need it.

Of course, since staff's able to do it, I supppose that serves the same, if round-about, purpose.

Meh, dunno, don't care I suppose.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
If turds gets over here, he's the one who's going to get deleted.

He needs to be fucking blacklisted.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
I kind of figured you'd guys would ban him, but he's pretty clever about hiding his accounts and causing crap behind the scenes. But then, it's really a simple matter of reporting him and anyways, it's not like I can't lie low until he ends up under the banhammer light on his own. He was never able to keep his shit silent for too long.

Eh, nevermind me. Remove or keep the option; as long as it's still an option by contacting staff I'm coolios with it.

kunoichi

dead
[quote author=Cthulhu link=topic=548.msg19952#msg19952 date=1235080224] Dunno, but it's occurred before that people have explicitly requested their account to be deleted, usually after dumb arguments or fits of emo. It's also a good way to remove traces of one's activity on a forum (although that's probably undoable, :monster: ), and I'm sure there's people that like that. I think I can remove the option, if there's any valid reasons to. [/quote]
Ok, I see now (just thought it was odd.) Thanks for answering

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=M.I.L.F. link=topic=548.msg19958#msg19958 date=1235081263]
I kind of figured you'd guys would ban him, but he's pretty clever about hiding his accounts and causing crap behind the scenes. But then, it's really a simple matter of reporting him and anyways, it's not like I can't lie low until he ends up under the banhammer light on his own. He was never able to keep his shit silent for too long.
[/quote]

He's not that smart. Whatever intelligence he has is trumped by his arrogance and brazen idiocy when it comes to dealing with people he's at odds with.

If he shows up, he'll be dealt with accordingly, this I'm sure of.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
Thanks. Hopefully between people banning him wherever he goes and the multi-blocking, changing numbers, etc. etc. I can finally get some peace from him.

Sorry for making this thread about me and the fucktarded problems I have >_>

Also, is the delete option reversible? What if someone hits it by accident? Can they and/or staff bring the account back?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Deleting accounts is a nifty function for us staff and users.

If someone raises so much trouble on the forums, we can not only ban/blacklist them, but we can delete every single post they've ever made here.

It's like throwing someone into the rift of the void :monster:

And no. It's not reversible. Once you're gone, you're gone.

ONE DOESN'T JUST JUMP OUT OF THE VOID!!!!

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Of course not. You either have to trek the whole way back through the dungeon or smite the tree.

I forget if exit also works.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I could probably figure out a way to undo account deletion given access to the database, but cba unless the necessity presents itself :monster:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Ja, but even then, it depends on how the deletion is implemented. It might be a simple 'hide' function, i.e. that the user's account and all posts and threads he/she's made are marked as hidden, or it could be a full baleet, where everything the user has made is baleted.

But I dunno, lol.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
If it deletes all their poasts then yeah, it probably wouldn't be possible to restore. But as long as it saves their poasts + you have their username and email, then shouldn't be too hard to restore accounts.

Top Bottom