Demo: Potions More Valuable than Cure

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
This is a neat thing I noticed! The two methods of (as of the demo) are reversed in their usefulness at the start of the game.

In the OG, you start with ~300 HP. In the 7R demo you start with ~1000 HP.

In the OG, Cure costs 4 MP and restores about 300 HP. In the 7R Demo, this is unchanged.

In the OG, potions restore 100 HP. In the 7R Demo, they restore 350.

I don’t know if potions and health have been inflated in the demo, or if they’re going to give Cure a boost, but I found myself extremely dissuaded from ever using it, since Potions are more numerous than they used to be and Barret’s MP is needed for lightning...

I almost never use potions in the OG, I stock everyone up with Cure ASAP. Don’t know if I’ll be doing that if this is any indication. An interesting difference! Excited to see whether the Restore materia comes into its own later, or is stuck on the bench this time around :)

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Oh the game absolutely showers you with potions. Most enemies drop them, chests give you two at a time, and there are breakable crates all over that are like little RNG-based goodies, with a good chance for a potion. I collect between 20 and 30 potions per run through in the demo, can’t say what the full game’ll be like obviously.

I haven’t gotten through the demo without using at least 5 potions. There’s just no reason to use Cure when you have 20+ potions kicking around. I never tried using Cure outside of battle, but again, why bother with the spell at all?

pxp

Pro Adventurer
I have a feeling the green materia Jessie gives Cloud for saving her life will be Restore, which fills in for the one you picked up on the Reactor floor in the OG. Ergo Barret only has it equipped for the demo. From a story/character perspective it really doesn’t make sense for Barret to have that one equipped from the off, at least in my view. But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!

Jimmy XH

Pro Adventurer
I have a feeling the green materia Jessie gives Cloud for saving her life will be Restore, which fills in for the one you picked up on the Reactor floor in the OG. Ergo Barret only has it equipped for the demo. From a story/character perspective it really doesn’t make sense for Barret to have that one equipped from the off, at least in my view. But I guess we’ll just have to wait and see!

I'll bet it ends up being something useless like Transform or Shield.

Top Bottom