• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destiny

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, as someone who has next to zero interest in FPSs, I thought that looked really really good.

Seems like Borderlands with photorealistic - rather than cell shaded - graphics.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I am pretty psyched for this. E3 has truly not disappointed this year. There were even some games for Xbox that I really liked the look of. Unfortunately for Microsoft, Playstation won by a landslide and they will have to make some serious changes if they want to compete.

Destiny looks absolutely incredible. Not only do you get to enjoy some rather impressive co-operative multiplayer but other players arrive in your world to take on events. Sort of reminds me of Guild Wars 2 in that even solo players will team up with strangers when there's a huge boss spawn nearby or an event.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Is it just me, or do the visual aesthetics seem like a less bulky, and much more normal human stylization of War Hammer 40K in the designs? Even the alien enemies kinda have a War40K meets Halo feel to them.

X :neo:

Ghost X

This game actually does nothing for me. They have a grand vision for this game too, iirc, like it is supposed to be some long-lasting WoW-esque MMO, right? Unless I'm confusing it with another title. Either way, does nothing for me :mon:.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
It seems to be drawing inspiration from Borderlands and a lot of their experience from Halo. I definitely wouldn't say that it's a copy of either though. After finally getting to see some game play it's very clear that it's a new innovation in the shooter genre.

Of course innovation in the shooter genre isn't saying much, it's always going to look very similar to something else.

Zee

wangxian married
AKA
Zee
the warlock looks fun as fuck. JUST GIVE ME SPACE MAGIC

im so easy to please i dont even care

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Peter Dinklage is cast in Destiny

Peter Dinklage will lend his voice to Bungie's Destiny, the company has revealed.
The company's community manager "DeeJ" told Sony in a new video interview that the actor best known for his role as Tyrion Lannister in Game of Thrones would be heard in the upcoming title.
"Peter Dinklage is the voice of the Ghost in this demo," he said. "As you learn more about Destiny, you just might be hearing more from him."
Sauce

I probably couldn't be happier.

Repost from GoT thread.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Pretty sure it's really just for the novelty though, since Dinklage is putting on a voice for GoT and he doesn't quite sound like that irl

Unless they decide "let's just have him ape his Tyrion impression for this game" :monster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Going off of what we heard from Ghost in the gameplay demo, he doesn't seem to be doing his Tyrion voice.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
8hJ3sWf.0_cinema_960.0.gif

Lex

Administrator
Oh I got my Alpha code through earlier. I should really go check the game out and report back.

:monster:

Lex

Administrator
So I've been playing this game for a few hours. It's.... interesting. If I have one thing to say after my first experience it's that it's pretty accessible but probably takes some getting used to.

The gameplay is reminiscent of Borderlands mixed with Mass Effect with the armour customisation options of a heavy MMO and guns to boot. I usually find this kind of thing overwhelming (there's TOO MUCH CHOICE). It was also smooth as hell and doesn't feel like an alpha at all.

Environments are crazy huge feeling and open. It seems to be that if you're doing a story mission random other players will spawn in other places and there are enemies just dotted across the map. You can call a vehicle at any time to get somewhere quicker, which is a cool feature.

Character customisation is cool, but pretty limited. I guess it doesn't matter much. I visited a hub world where you can't shoot (where all the shops and stuff are, seriously there are too many) but everything is cool looking and fun to jump around in.

It feels weird, ngl. I think it's because it's kind of trying to do something new, which definitely works, but the fact that it's not solidly a single player or multiplayer game is going to take some getting used to. It's a very odd hybrid mix.

Does anybody have specific questions? I'm not sure what else to write.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm going to try this later on today and will probably write a First Impressions on Gamerspective.

Top Bottom