• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destiny

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
That's not the only thing removed from the game. All of Peter Dinklage's lines from the game have been removed, with Nolan North replacing him in both the new content and the existing game. Apparently a lot of players found Dinklage's performance subpar and did little to drive the story.

It also seems like North hasn't fixed that problem in the slightest. When you compare the two there doesn't seem to be an obvious loser in the match-up. Perhaps Bungie's reliance on Ghost in driving the 'story' forward is completely misplaced?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I think he did give it a bit more personality, but acting can only do so much with that writing.

I thought the game looked very exciting with the first few E3 trailers. First shooter I was looking forward to in...ever? But good laird was it boring.

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Not a fan of Nolan here, Dinklage sounds more natural. Nolan's just... too bubbly. :closedmonster:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I actually linked that video up there ^ but I 'spose I should have embedded it :monster:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Getting back into this tonight with some friends. Epic times are ahead!

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA

Kaneki

Banned
I was truly impressed by the taken king. It was a breath of fresh air which was much needed by destiny.... That said I've found myself bored playing it now and I'm sick and tired of seeing bungie plow players with microtransactions and now the biggest insult is the fact you can now buy level boosts for characters.

Bungie seriously need to do something spectacular with their next dlc to bring back the torrent of players they have lost in the last few months.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I didn't feel like making a Destiny 2 thread lol.

Anyone play the variouss betas? I tried out the PC Beta since yesterday and I gotta say it's been an excellent port for what is being show cased.

The game is beautiful even on lower settings, and on higher settings I'm actually kind of amazed I ran it as smoothly as I did. The optimization here is really incredible as far as performance and visuals go.

There were a few bugs here and there. Borderless Windowed mode on my 2 monitor set up just refuses to be aligned properly. 90% of the game is on the screen, with like the tiniest sliver being on my second monitor and a bit being under my taskbar. Though to be far this isn't the only game that has done that in the past to me. It's rare but it happens from time to time, so I'm not sure if it's just some obscure setting I have ticked on like 40 menus deep in my video cards software that Idk about lol.

There was also a small issue where the game randomly switched monitors for me once. Even hitting Windows+Shift+left/right didn't get it to go back to the correct monitor so I had to reboot the game. Haven't run into it since though.

The gameplay is pretty solid and the AI seems way smarter then when I last played (in Destiny Vanilla). The available Strike is really fun and my friends and I have played it like 10 times now lol.

PVP just feels good. There are some problems with controller players getting aim assist, like very very helpful aim assist lol, but other then that it's fun.

I think I might pick up Destiny 2 on launch day.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I might too; I got Destiny 2 liek, rather late, but it was quite a fun game (for a console shooter). I'd probably get it for consoles again, I didn't mind it.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I think it might be. The gameplay itself was excellent in Destiny 1 , what struggled was the lack of real story in the game (though the story shown in the cards you could collect alluded to a really awesome sounding world).

So far from whats been revealed it looks like they have attempted to fix that issue.

Also this is incredible. What Bungie has pulled off with this engine and PC Port really needs high praise. The game freaking runs at 1080p/60fps on a pre Ix cpu.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
what gabe said

also I found that the more I played, the less interested I got EVENTUALLY

like the guns and powers and shit are really fucking cool, but there was a huuuuuge content lull after taken king (before rise of iron) where not a god damn thing was going on and it started to feel a little samey? like the new exotics were basically just the old ones, or not as cool or unique or w/e

but I'm so god damn excited for d2 and I can't explain it

also the real truth is that the best weapons in d1 were the legendaries; from fang of ir yut to black hammer (oh shiiiiiiiiiiiit my ovaries) fatebringer (oh fucking baby!), the legendaries were what you depended on to get shit done

exotics are nice and often a lot of fun (tell me you didn't enjoy the last word or chaperone and I'll call you a liar), but at a certain point they stopped being inventive, sorta? idk

but this new emphasis on story and lots of other things makes me think this shit is gonna be ballerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Yeah I got the game when all expansions were out, and the story notably improved with the two expansions / DLCs; I hope they got that right the first time around this time. Pretty sure that was due to more time being spent setting up the world, engine, mechanics, etc.

As for endgame content, they should take lots of notes with games like FFXIV and other MMO's, Diablo and other such games; they've got a number of content lines that will take forever to get into. Off course, XIV in particular is a monthly paid for game, so post-release content additions etc will probably only be a thing if Bungie adds a means to generate revenue, like GTA with its in game monies (which still banks them millions)

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Bah, they were thinking too smol :monster:. over 9000 accessories / clothing items, new one every week or so. And a gambling system to acquire them (like Overwatch).

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Lets not forget lootboxes!

If Shadow of War a single player game can have non-cosmetic actual stat impacting microtransactions the sky is the limit!

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
The campaign was interesting, but the real mest is still what lies beyond, esp at level 20. I'm enjoying going treasure hunting and exploring and getting new quests add random drops from enemies, and have already unlocked all my subclasses for my starting class. I've done two of the strikers thus far, and those were entertaining as well. It's looking good!

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
I haven't finished the story.

My friends and I keep getting side tracked doing events, lost sectors and random patrol crap. I literally hit 20 before I finished the Io Missions lol.

I'm currently just under 250 power and have done 3 Strikes so far. I can't remember them by name haha , but one was the Hive one on Titan , the fallen one on Nessus , and I got the Hive one on Titan again however it was different the second time around!

The pathing was changed up and they added fallen to deal with along side the hive through out the strike , which was pretty neat. I'm kind of excited to play the Nessus one again to see if it changes things up as well.

Though it may be different in Live now, I also did the Inverted Spire strike during Beta and it was also pretty great. Pretty interested to see how they play out during Nightfall runs, I can easily see how they could be super tough.

They really did a good job with making it feel like anything you do is meaningful in the game. We've been running around just doing events and trying to figure out how to enter "Heroic" events , which so far has been pretty fun. I won't spoil anything but turning an event into a Heroic has made them pretty tough and the method to each one isn't immediately clear as well so it adds in some nice variety with great rewards.

Coupled with the new faction system and how you get reputation/tokens for them is great. You literally get them for doing anything on patrol map. By the time I hit 20 I had over 40 EZD tokens to spend on top of the 16 I had originally put in for my free Legendary engram that was waiting for me to hit 20 to retrieve. Right off the bat each turn in gave me 2 pieces of great starter gear and I was basically able to do 4 turns the second I hit 20 to mostly gear myself out.

It was a really nice feeling to be honest lol.

I'm very excited to see how the Raid plays out and plan to be in there the second it opens up. I really should get around to finishing the story haha.

edit:

Also I think ill take this chance to rant here in safety cause I know if I drop this on like /r/games on reddit my account will die from the downvote fury it will get.

The Microtransaction "P2W" drama shit is completely fucking overblown. I've played my faaaaair share of Korean cash shop MMORPG's with actual real shit that gives you an advantage. Check my steam I got like 700 hours in Black Desert Online and about 120 shame dollars invested into.

The Destiny 2 stuff is not Pay to Win. I'm not even sure its worth buying lol. Like yeah it sucks shaders are consumables now. I do agree with that being BS, but people losing their minds over "mods" being something you can earn is so overblown by people who aren't playing the game and or understand math.

1 mod isn't going to make you over powered , even if it adds 5 light to your weapon your total power level is averaged out between literally 8 pieces of gear at best that 1 mod you paid for may bump your average up by 1 point. Big deal. These same lackluster mods are handed out left and right in game as well and often times on gear you actually want to keep (good legendaries, exotics) the baseline mod it comes with is often of better quality than the ones you can buy or earn randomly.

Saw people complaining that the boxes give you an XP boost and that it gives a "competitive advantage" because it helps you get to level 20 fast. You literally can't get the XP boost until you are level 20, so they legit don't know how the mechanic works and are just bitching.

The mechanic works as follows, Level 20 is a soft cap to your level, after 20 you still gain experience and once you get enough to level up again , instead of being awarded a level you are awarded the same shit you get from the cash shop, a loot box. Same system as Overwatch.

What do the boost do? Makes it so you can level up faster for more loot boxes that you still have to earn.
On top of that the game literally gives you a well rested buff for the first 5 levels every week if you don't want to spend money AND even then you still level up incredibly fast without the buff. I've leveled up 10 times after 20 so far and am just sitting on so much random cash shop junk that I don't know what to do with.

AND even if said XP boosts were capable of being earned pre-20 it wouldn't mean anything as far as "competitive advantages" go since in PVP all gear and levels are normalized. I.E. A level 20 300 power player does the exact same amount of damage as a level 1 in the Crucible.

Saw people complain that you can earn a Sparrow ( a motorcycle) through the loot boxes thus giving a competitive advantage over people who haven't earned it through the campaign. Completely ignoring they only work in Patrol where you compete with no one and that fast travel exists anyway.

It's really annoying to see the circlejerk on sites like Reddit etc. shit on this game. You can most of the people bitching haven't played it and are just parroting shit they saw on some youtube video without understanding the mechanics of the game.

I saw someone with -80 points because he simply said "I haven't bought any loot boxes and still have a ton of the cash shop items". It's pretty shit tbh.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
So, verdict? Should I get it once it goes on sale beacause I'm cheap? Or get it ASAP while it's hyped?

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Personally, I'm waiting for a few months until the hype's died down and purely because I've (still!) got far too many games to play, plus I haven't fully played the DLC of the first game.

From what I've heard so far, it sounds like what the first Destiny should've been at its launch... which still doesn't convince me to jump on. :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
So, verdict? Should I get it once it goes on sale beacause I'm cheap? Or get it ASAP while it's hyped?

With the exception of Overwatch (which is hard to compare to for most shooters) I think Destiny 2 might be the best shooter out on the market right now. There is just so much stuff to do that is all interconnected with the tight game and gunplay that it's hard to find yourself bored with it.

In Destiny 1 the conundrum wasn't just "Great Gunplay but no story!" , atleast in Vanilla it was also "wtf do I do outside of Strikes/Raid and PVP?" , aside from farming mats for reputation the majority of the content just didn't feel satisfying enough to make you want to regularly go out and experience that gunplay.

What was the point of doing Patrol and doing PVE stuff if I could just do this strike for the millionth time?

That's changed now with a few meaningful mechanics, especially the new Rep system.

Over all it's a tighter game with lots to do. And I'm sure once it gets cheaper or has a GOTY version to buy it will be even more so due to the free DLC you get with it xD

I say give it a shot it's a lot of fun.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'll keep it on my watchlist then, thanks :monster:

I did play all the DLC / expansions for Destiny 1, but it kinda fell flat (for me at least) after the story was finished, I didn't really get a feel for the endgame content. Mind you, I also sucked :monster:. Maybe I should get it for PC instead, I somehow didn't mind the PS4 (3?) version unlike any other console FPS I tried.

Top Bottom