• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
It's something that's been a topic of discussion for well over a year - I'd say that's plenty of time to know that something the readers that we do have have been asking for is being done. Not to mention the fact that it didn't actually need anyone else's input. Awakening hasn't been rewritten yet. Nobody has been left out of the loop. Nothing is being done without the parties involved's awareness.

It seems to me that the reaction to this post has been one of panic, and undeservedly so. Do you think that Alex didn't take all of this into consideration already? Like I said, I wasn't made aware of this before seeing it posted, and I back it 100% - not because we're friends, but because it is sensible and logical. And I also fail to see where making other people aware of this post's creation would have changed anything. =/

I know a redo of Awakening has been discussed, but the fact that something was being done right now was not. Last I had heard it was going to wait until after we were done with Aftermath.

I also don't know why you think a quick. "Hey we're working on a new intro for Awakening now," is such a hard thing to ask for. I'm not saying what has already been done needs to be changed, but for the future? Everyone in the group needs to be notified of things like this. Even if they don't have anything to input, or their input won't be needed, they should still know what's up.

I probably would have told Alex to just do whatever anyway, but I still would have liked to have known it was coming. Because what is the point of a group project if not everyone in the group at least has the option of having their say if they want to?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Yes, however, it would have been nice to know it was coming first. I'm not saying we all gathered around a PP and type it line by line taking turns, but just a general shout that it was happening and (maybe) a small discussion between the people who were involved in season one (or better yet all of us if we are going to be working season two concepts into it) would have been nice.

Remember that Destrillians is a group project, not something that is just run by a couple people while the rest of us just tag along. I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that it is at the very least announced to everyone when something big like this is going to happen.

Not that I'm saying it's a bad post or anything. It was very nicely done. But coming out of the blue like that was kind of a shock.

In hindsight it probably would have been a good idea announce what was happening. I'll consider that a lesson learned if only to avoid any panic over a threat group project mentality. Thats something I desperately want to avoid.

That said, I do stand by the fact that the time is right to begin working on this in order to canonise the origin story for our characters and also to provide readers from outside the RP (who apparently exist, or want to exist, or something) a good introduction to the story.

The idea for the rewrite has been rumbling around for at least a year now, like Kimble said. I just reckoned it was time to take it by the scruff of the neck and show it whos boss.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Way I look at it.No harm no foul.

It's not like sitting here talking about shit for another 6 months would have changed anything.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I personally haven't heard any discussion about Awakening for a long while, tbqh, so this seemed rather spontaneous.

It's not so much "panic" as it is "surprise".
Also, if we had known beforehand that it was actually going to get off the ground very soon, we might have prepared a little something-something in advance to go along with it, no? ;)

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
So, something humourous Bex, Kimble and I were up to earlier tonight that needs bringing over to the main thread because its pretty damn cool (and also might be an idea to put on the character profiles for the main site, whenever that gets made). Maybe in addition to the Destrillians threat level, we provide a way to help measure it with RPG style attributes.

What we've been doing is dividing up 50 points over 7 different categories to give us something that looks like this:

Kerr:
Physical Strength: 5
Durability: 7
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 6
Speed: 5
Power Potential: 9
Stamina: 2
Resourcefulness: 8

It would be cool if everyone got in on this :3

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Lokka
Physical Strength: 4
Durability: 8
Intelligence: 10
Agility: 4
Speed: 4
Power Potential: 3
Stamina: 8
Resourcefulness: 9

Last edited:

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Thetis
Durability: 6
Intelligence: 3
Agility: 9
Speed: 8
Power Potential: 8
Stamina: 6
Resourcefulness: 6

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Telran -
Physical Strength: 2
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 10
Speed: 9
Power Potential: 6
Stamina: 7
Resilience: 2

Lorelei -
Physical Strength: 1
Agility: 8
Speed: 7
Power Potential: 10
Stamina: 9
Resilience: 1

And for clarification...

Physical strength - fairly self-explanatory.
Intelligence - Knowledge that aids a Destrillians' combat ability, typically tactics and the like, though exceptions are made for specific knowledge a Destrillian possesses that is relevant (i.e., Telran is extremely intelligent, but most of his knowledge has no bearing on anything related to combat, except his medical knowledge)
Agility - Measures dexterity, ability to dodge, maneuverability, stealthiness, etc
Speed - Also self-explanatory.
Power potential - the strength of a Destrillians' powers alone, as well as their overall variety of applications (ex: a power that can only do one thing vs. one that is varied and flexible)
Stamina - Ability to use powers over an extended period of time.
Resourcefulness - Ability to adapt to situations; cleverness, street smarts, etc (think Jackie Chan movies, and how well he uses the environment to his advantage, or MacGuyver)
Durability/Resilience - Ability to soak up damage (health)

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Also of note - as an addendum to our group discussion of a few weeks ago, wherein the code number system was explained, the code numbers now have a specific function:

-The first three digits will no longer be 000. They will be 001 or 002; this denotes the facility the Destrillian was at.
-The second set of numbers denotes which attempt at making the Destrillian of that number they are; for example, Kerr is the fourth Number 11, making his set 004.
-The third number remains the same. For the sake of this example, this makes Kerr Destrillian 001-004-011.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
That almost makes too much sense.

Its nice to see all those useless zeros having a function now.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Fiona - #001-023-004

Physical Strength: 10
Durability: 9
Intelligence: 3
Agility: 5
Power Potential: 7
Stamina: 8
Resourcefulness: 3

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Salem
Physical Strength: 9
Durability: 7
Intelligence: 4
Agility: 3
Speed: 3

Ariel
Physical Strength: 6
Agility: 7
Power Potential: 3
Resourcefulness: 7

The other two

Last edited:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Kiera - #002-016-024

Durability: 5
Agility: 9
Resourcefulness: 5

Last edited:

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Hannah:

Physical Strength:3
Durability: 10
Intelligence: 7
Agility: 4
Speed: 4
Power Potential: 5
Stamina: 10
Resourcefulness:

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Not that this really matters for my character atm, but okay :monster:

Erthys

Durability: 5
Stamina: 1

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Kram - #002-010-023
Physical Strength: 7
Resilience: 7

(Unarmoured Kram Data Only. Armoured is usually randomized except for Resilience and Intelligence, cba to keep track. )

Tao - #002-012-021
Physical Strength: 1
Speed: 10
Resilience: 2

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I leave for a few hours and come back to awesome.

I actually love this stuff so much you have no idea.

Emma - #001-001-008

Resilience: 4

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Some of the categories sort of cross over to some extent; eg. Intelligence and Resourcefulness are arguably closely-linked.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Terra-
Durability: 10
Intelligence: 5
Agility: 2
Speed: 1
Resilience: 10

wow so i have no idea what number that adds up to but basically terra is meant to be a tank who is poopy at her powers? idk when she hugs people she breaks bones when non-crippled

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Eve Rosalind Daly - #001-002-010

Durability: 8

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Castiel:

Physical strength: 9
Intelligence: 5
Power potential: 7
Stamina: 5

Last edited:

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
Firstly, I'm gonna remind everyone that for that second three-digit number, we need to collaborate a bit because there were approximately 300 children taken for the experiments. This number is gonna get divvied up in between our 30 subjects.

(It's funny, Adri, I think I used Fiona as an example while talking to Alex and made her 001-027-004. Fire is dangerous. :monster:)

I'm also going to point out that some people are putting both Durability and Resilience in their scoresheets-- when both are the same. (We should probably pick one.) You're spreading your points too thin, guys!

With that said!

Idris: 001-003-009

Physical strength: 2
Agility: 8
Power potential: 9
Resilience: 7

Also RE: the Awakening thing. I'm with Alex all the way-- seeing as I helped him write the intro. XD I agree whole-heartedly with him and with Keen. We've been talking about this for AGES. If somebody didn't take action, I think talking about it would have been the only thing done for a while yet.

Sure, I think that saying "oh hey we're going to do this now" would be a good idea, but firstly, what would that have done? This introductory post doesn't even mention a single Destrillian. It's Jason Spencer, with a brief mention of Vargas. It's not like it's stepping on anybody's toes. And it's not like we've forgotten it's a group project. (And also, I thought it'd be a nice surprise. Guess not. D8**)
Secondly, of course we're going to discuss everything in Awakening-- but I agree with what Keen said about people not being out of the loop. If you're writing Aftermath, it's almost IMPOSSIBLE to be out of the loop with Awakening. We already know as de facto, background knowledge what happens in S0, and the precise details are far from settled upon. We pretty much know the beginning, the end, and who dies along the way. That's it.

Meanwhile, what was said about finally giving people a starting point is the best part of all of this. I've had LOADS of people wanting to read Destrillians and being turned away by the fact that they have absolutely no idea what's going on. This had to happen sooner or later-- sooner rather than later. No time like the present. As far as being too much work goes, well, no. It's the thing we work on whenever we want to; there's no deadline or anything on Awakening. It's just a starting point.

I know I had more to say but I'll stop because the fine gentlemen of this thread have already said a lot of it. *THUMBSUP*

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Addressing the 300 kids idea, this is pretty easy to figure out. Since there are 30 Destrillians, if it were an even distribution, there would be 10 attempts to create each prototype. Since we obviously aren't doing that, it's a matter of looking at what people have already put in the number slot and figuring out how many children (attempts) are left to distribute. And then, of course, from there we discuss what FEELS right for amounts of attempts before each prototype was actually established (subtracting and adding appropriate numbers).

If that makes sense. :monster:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Double poooost

So, right now, 98 of 270 (edited due to accuracy thanks to Sienna) are used up. Everyone else should carefully consider their numbers and then we work things out from there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom