• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Destrillians: R2 - Discussion

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
to all people named tennyo: please report to the pbp at your earliest convenience - once you add anything you need to and sign off on it, aki can post this thing

to all other people not named tennyo: you just go do a thing that isn't the above thing

like snorkeling

Added a couple little bits. Other than that, it all looks good to me. :salute:

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
HELL YES DIS POST IS UP.

I read it beforehand to pass a quick edit, but damn guys, that is some fine work. Well done! I particularly like how Emma is reacting negatively to Terra's independence instead of positively, which would be considered "normal." It shows that even Emma's got her store of classic Destrillian insecurities and I like that a lot.
Also Jeorgia and Brent with the wheelchair are amazing.

Tennyo, can your Chris post go up immediately? (And will it have any bearing on the goodbye post, with the exception of Chris being there? XD)

Bex

fresh to death
AKA
Bex
Alex and I were just discussing the structure of Dessies into acts.

Act 1 originally ended after Spencer Mansion, but what do people think of ending it after Avidez's chateau? It shortens the first act and it ends with the group all back together after massive build up and srsly cool wicked awesome events and yeah i think it's a good place to end the first act.

Thoughts?

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
I've been in favour of this for a while. Act I already seems to go on for a long time and it seems almost as though we're dragging it on past its natural climax.

Like if the movie version of the Two Towers kept going on past Helm's Deep and didn't finish till the battle of Osgiliath a fifth of the way into Return of the King.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I wondered why it wasn't going to end there when I started in the rp

but never said anything because noob ;.;

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I think I raised the point at the time.

But I don't think I raised it high enough.

:(

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I am strongly of the belief that gatecrashing Avidez' feels very much like the end of an act. Aye in favor. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
That actually would be a great place to end it. A lot of shit went down. CLIFFHANGER!!!!1

HELL YES DIS POST IS UP.

I read it beforehand to pass a quick edit, but damn guys, that is some fine work. Well done! I particularly like how Emma is reacting negatively to Terra's independence instead of positively, which would be considered "normal." It shows that even Emma's got her store of classic Destrillian insecurities and I like that a lot.
Also Jeorgia and Brent with the wheelchair are amazing.

Tennyo, can your Chris post go up immediately? (And will it have any bearing on the goodbye post, with the exception of Chris being there? XD)

Emma would be the kind of mother that randomly shows up on campus when her kids go off to college and cleans their dorm room for them because "UGH CAN'T LET GO LET ME LOVE YOU!"

And the post isn't 100% yet. Needed to wait for a couple things so I could make sure all info was correct, and I need Noen to be online at the same time I am for once.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
I've narrowed it down to two possibilities, if we were to end the act there (which we totally should, imo). Either post 239 or post 240. Either one works really well and I'd be interested in getting some opinions from everyone about which one would work better.

Baldy

000 - 000 - 009
AKA
Sienna, Jenovas-Fifth, Idris
I personally have never been in favour of this decision, but seeing as a lot of others like the idea, I will concede for what's best for the group. XD Although no no no no no to 239 - it's 240 all the way.

So if we do this then we'll have to cut the thread off there and move all the posts that come afterward to a new thread, oui?

Also, we ought to get working on an outline for a goodbye post, everyone! I do not expect (OR WANT. AT ALL.) for every single Destrillian to say goodbye to every single Destrillian in full detail because we will need another year for it. But if there are certain moments that people want to include (like for instance, the talk between Idris and Emma) then we ought to plan them out now.

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
I am this close to posting something but every time I want to finish it off I keep getting blocked by stupid commitments elsewhere

Wednesday it was my dumb uni assignment I had to finish by Tuesday (but I'm not going to fucking go to uni during my study vac fuck off) that I wanted to hand in by Friday
Thursday it's my dumb student papers I have to mark for my grade 8 kids
Friday it's my dumb student reports I have to write up for each kid (plus my year 12 biology student bleargh)

real life why don't you just let me develop my RP characters a bit more gosh

EDIT: I will hold my hand up and say that I agree with Sienna that 240 would be the more logical post to segue off into the new "act" (esp. since the following one is an initially-obscure flashback poast, :monster:). But beyond categorising the plot structure of this RP I'm not entirely sure what purpose this is going to serve.

Last edited:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
IMO, breaking it off into a new thread stops everything from being too long, massive and unwieldy. Gives us all a collective pat on the back too. Really galvanises in our minds the fact that we're actually making progress.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
I find 239 to be most favorable.
no way one of terra's memorable lines is in 240

'i got shohcked and then i was ohkay' how can you not end a dessies act with that classy line

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Its more that 240 ends with hope, as opposed to ending in silence for a long time. Down endings are the way to go when closing an act, imo. The tone is more appropriate for opening a new act, especially because in that post, people are coming back together, trying to get a handle on things. Heck, it opens eirh a dream sequence, which works better as a start. And then there's Lokka flipping out a bit on Castiel, which is a great note to end things on - nobody cam be trusted, etc.

Then again, i suggested 239 to begim with, so I'm biased. EMPIRE STRIKES BACK FOR ACT ONE

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I'm with the Keen on dis here one. 239 is majorly favorable in my mind. I would make a fresh point about this but I agree with the act closing on a more melancholic note. There's really not a whole lot to be happy about as far as Destrillians go. It also means that the opening for Act 2 is a happy one which makes things very less intense.

Those are my two cents. Tune in next week for my dorrah.

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
holy shit we might need a poll for this

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Update:

Scheduled time to work on post with Dale later on tonight (tomorrow morning for him lol). He said he needs to make some changes to the post due to him leaving the RP.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I'd also like to note, now that I'm home and checked this (:P), that imo, 241 is a weaker post to START a new act on.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
OKAY SO GUYS GUYS GUYS

Alex and I have been talking and I think we have come up with a solution that will please everyone. Basically...remember that big meeting we had like, two months ago or whatever, where we started deciding what we would do about the forum and all that? At that time, it was decided that there would be an editing crew that would go through and fix errors (continuity, typos, grammar, etc) throughout the posts, tweak things so there's less '5x posts saying the same thing from different perspectives' posts, that sort of thing.

Why not start that now?

Basically, what I've suggested is that we END Act I of Aftermath with the post that has Thetis being patched up at Spencer Mansion, and then have Act II pick up with Fiona waking up lakeside. We'll have to massage the posts to make sense (Fiona wold have to be remembering the conversation with Kerr, obv), but we can put the Veronica post in-between the MEANWHILE TEN YEARS AGO Kerr post and the Thetis one (since it doesn't really make sense for those to be back to back anyway). Point is, we need to focus on what's a good end AND a good start, and the Thetis post is an incredibly strong start OR finish, while the Fiona one is our second best start (imo, since Thetis post is best).

if that makes sense ;.;

alejandro says (7:29 PM):
*the beginning of 241 works well
alejandro says (7:30 PM):
*but youre right, it suffers from the 240 problem of still taking place by the lakeside
Omega - Sea of space says (7:30 PM):
*it's weaker overall than 240
Omega - Sea of space says (7:31 PM):
*as a start
alejandro says (7:31 PM):
*what does 242 look like?
Omega - Sea of space says (7:31 PM):
*does it matter?
*242 is a strong start
*I think
Omega - Sea of space says (7:32 PM):
*it's Thetis being patched up at the crib
alejandro says (7:32 PM):
*i dont like ending on 239, so i want to consider my other options :P
*oh
Omega - Sea of space says (7:32 PM):
*but 241 is not a good ending
alejandro says (7:32 PM):
*thats the one that ends with lorelei kerr and ariel driving away right?
Omega - Sea of space says (7:33 PM):
*yes
*it ends with "He hadn't changed at all"
Omega - Sea of space says (7:34 PM):
*the Thetis one would be a FANTASTIC end
*but the one after is a Veronica post and a very weak start
alejandro says (7:36 PM):
*im going to go have a look now
alejandro says (7:38 PM):
*if we end on the thetis post
*and then 245 started act 2
*i think wed be golden
*what do you think?
Omega - Sea of space says (7:40 PM):
*ehhhhhhhh not really
*it's an okay start I guess
*but I feel very strongly that Thetis post or the Fiona one are better starts
Omega - Sea of space says (7:41 PM):
*and that the Fiona post is not a good end
alejandro says (7:41 PM):
*im not a tremendous fan of 239 as an ending.
Omega - Sea of space says (7:42 PM):
*if we rearrange post orders, I'm sure we could come up with something
*tbh I'm not a huge fan of how they're driving to the mansion and SUDDENLY THEY'RE THERE
alejandro says (7:42 PM):
*i dont know how much of an option that would be. idk the scale of adris modding plans
Omega - Sea of space says (7:43 PM):
*what if we END on Thetis post
*and then put the Fiona one AFTER that?
alejandro says (7:43 PM):
*thats a very interesting proposition
*and 241 stays as it is?
Omega - Sea of space says (7:43 PM):
*we would have to do a thing where it's Fiona thinking back on it or whatever
*and maybe take out "I have a plan"
Omega - Sea of space says (7:44 PM):
*basically, we'd need to do some editing
alejandro says (7:44 PM):
*that was always the plan
*i was going to start going back through act 1 after this was sorting out and starting to edit

Top Bottom