Detective Pikachu-The Live-Action Movie

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Here is small info of an upcoming new Pokemon movie...a spin-off movie more like it(since it's clear that Ash's Kalos adventure is his final adventure and we won't see any anime adaption of Pokemon Sun and Moon saga with Ash and Pikachu in it, or even a new protagonist).

Deadline reported that Legendary Pictures started development of a live-action Detective Pikachu movie.[9]

This, in my opinion, is the beginning of the end of Pokemon. I don't think we'll even get a release date of the english version of the game or having it continue from it's "To Be Continued" ending scene. But again, this is my opinion. I know that most of you guys will be happy with this news of a Pikachu movie.

Ghost X

I remember viewing this earlier today, and Pikachu had a deep voice and spoke Japanese rather than just "Pikachu!" Are my recollections accurate? Why is Pikachu a detective also? :P.

Pixel

The Pixie King
Because nintendo probably developed a new IP, but decided to shoehorn an existing IP into it, just like they keep doing with Starfox.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I remember viewing this earlier today, and Pikachu had a deep voice and spoke Japanese rather than just "Pikachu!" Are my recollections accurate? Why is Pikachu a detective also? :P.

Didn't you know about the Pikachu Detective game that came out in Japan in February this year?

Plus, this Pikachu is different compared to what everyone else is used to. Heck, for the english version...if it'll actually happen, which I doubt, many people wanted Danny Viteno or whatever his last name is to voice this Pikachu for the game, and he doesn't have a clue on what Pokemon is.

Because nintendo probably developed a new IP, but decided to shoehorn an existing IP into it, just like they keep doing with Starfox.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. But since this is a movie based on the Detective Pikachu game rather than the original series(at least that's some good news that they're not using the main franchise material), this is going to be a disaster.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
Is this where they say "where is your God now?" because I feel like someone is mocking my fandom hard.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
You know what? I think this movie could actually be pretty hilarious. I'm game. :P

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
You know what? I think this movie could actually be pretty hilarious. I'm game. :P

I think the earliest the film's gonna be released is early in 2019 because it's only starting to film next month.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Has someone dubbed his deadpool lines into the trailer yet? Because if they haven't. why the hell not?

Lex

Administrator
I've just realised how hard The Pokémon Company is pushing the revival/ nostalgia angle right now. You've got this movie, which is blatantly a modern twist on classic Pokémon, and the game coming on Friday, which is a remake of Pokémon R/B/Y with added elements of the original animé. I'm so in!

Definite yikes from me. The "realistic" style of the CG Pokemon is really off-putting. Even with that aside, I guess I've gone full curmudgeon because the trailer really didn't do much for me - it just comes off as trying REALLY hard to be Who Framed Roger Rabbit but with Pokemon. Hopefully it won't be bad, though. It'll probably have cool easter eggs, at least.

pls no live-action Pokemon cinematic universe with creepy 3DCG Pokemon

Lex

Administrator
Obligatory

tenor.gif

Top Bottom