• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Devil May Cry 5

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana

Holy shit I wasn't expecting this at all and I am pumped. A numbered title. A sequel to DMC4 rather than a follow on from dmc. Nero.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
A bit of mix feelings with the new character designs but I'll get used to.

3 playable characters at launch? Neat, I hope they designed levels & enemies to flexible with all 3 characters potential.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
I hope to Etro that Dante is actually mature in this one.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I have no idea who these people are or what's going on but shit that looks cool. I've never played a DMC game before.

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Not really sure how I feel about the robot arm but the trailer does look awesome and I really enjoyed the last game so sign me up :P

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
i am not 100% on board yet and nero looks like a cross between dmc4 nero and DmC donte

but i am liking that song

also how all the enemies seem to be covered with eyes, that's pretty cool

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Interesting styling. So happy to see proper Dante though. He's looking a little more DMC2 ish? Do we know if this is before or after 2?

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
From listening to people who seem to know what they're talking about, I think it's supposed to be after DMC2, because in the final shot Dante is coming back from hell on the bike that he took into hell in DMC2. Also, there're some brief shots where it looks pretty definitive that Virgil is the one who sliced off and took Nero's arm, thus necessitating its robotic replacement. Lastly, the new girl is the shopkeeper from the previous game(s).

Again, this is all from me listening to people talk about it, because I have also never played a DMC game ever.

X :neo:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
that song has such a tacky mid-2000s numetal vibe and fuck am I ever feeling it

i haven't properly played a DMC game since the first one, which I was bad at. The teenaged mall goth in me always liked the aesthetic tho, and I kept up with the story/lore through lets plays and such. I might go back and play 4 to hype myself for this new one.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
Imma need you guys & ladies to play the DMC series (skip DMC2 & DmC)

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
ngl nero in this new look can raw me

v0yey0rf2bybiczhno4z.jpg

:mjolnir:

Last edited:

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
tbh dmc4 dante could have rawed me but i'm not sure about dmc5 dante

that door might be closed now

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Imma need you guys & ladies to play the DMC series (skip DMC2 & DmC)

If one was interested in doing so, what's the best way to go about it? Hunt down the original versions, emulate them, HD Collection, etc. etc. etc.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Does it make sense to play them in release order? Is there a reason to skip some of them? Should I still be aware of things / attempt to consume the game's content?

Lulcielid

Eyes of the Lord
AKA
Lulcy
The series doesn't have a complex story and the story of each game is overall light in content.

Devil May Cry 2 is a quite underdeveloped game, specially on its bread and butter, the combat system. Hence why many fans say that you should ignore it, if you are interested in story just read a summary.

Top Bottom