Dic/Pioneer/Optimum Productions VS Viz Media/Studiopolis for Sailor Moon ENG Dubbing

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Just another random thing, and I know most of you prefer the Japanese dubbing or names, but for those who grew up with the original English dub of the Sailor Moon Anime(dating back to season 1, season 2 and the three movies that) that mostly had famous actress Terri Hawkes who voiced Sailor Moon for most of the episodes until the final episode of season 2, I think re-dubbing the original series with new actresses is a bad idea.

It's wrong to re-dub the english version when Viz could've left it well enough alone and just focused on Sailor Moon Crystal like they're doing now.

I say this because I grew up with the first english casting of the Sailor Moon characters, including Vince Corzza who also voices Zexion/Ienzo in the Kingdom Hearts games and the first english dubbing will always be the true english for the original anime. If people want the hear the new cast for Sailor Moon, I say go watch Sailor Moon Crystal if they want to hear "Usagi" and not "Serena".

Plus...the new english cast for the original anime sounds terrible in my opinion.

Top Bottom