• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Did anyone find the trailer narrative clever and well done?

FinalHeavenxLockhartx

~.Tifa Lightning Lockhart.~
I sure did! It was not only ominous but it really felt awesome because the narrator really nailed it in with references to the fans and the demand of this remake, I also love the joy and fear line too because there are some people cautious about the remake while others are very happy about it and will accept it as it is. What are your guys impression on it? I also love the guy's voice in it too!

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
It was pretty great, I thought. I'm just listening to it again on our new podcast episode and it works just as well as audio alone. Anyway, it seems like you largely agree with my analysis here. :)

FinalHeavenxLockhartx

@Flintlock, xD Indeed I did! I loved that analysis and very well done too! Read it before I came here, I noticed stuff I never even noticed before like the kids for example? Never knew one had a Buster Sword like prop in his hand!

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
TBF... it was very much a fanservice narration, with the text being about the fans and how they wanted a remake and shit (in allegories and wishy-washy speak), not so much about the game itself, :monster:. I'm sure they'll do a more official game trailer in the nearish future though. Maybe they'll redo the TV commercials, which at least for me personally were the first time ever they did commercials for video games on TV here.

FinalHeavenxLockhartx

@Cthulhu, Wanna know I hope they'll do? (Nice suggestion on the TV commericals by the way!) When the game releases? I hope they do a PS4 render of Cloud replicating the PS1 CD/Boxart. How awesome of a throwback that would be? XD Kinda hoping for it!

clowd

Pro Adventurer
If we can have that quality of writing and voice acting for the entire game, we'll be in very good shape.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
@Cthulhu, Wanna know I hope they'll do? (Nice suggestion on the TV commericals by the way!) When the game releases? I hope they do a PS4 render of Cloud replicating the PS1 CD/Boxart. How awesome of a throwback that would be? XD Kinda hoping for it!

On the one side, I agree and hope they do that. On the other, I'm a cynic that thinks they'll just replace it with something grimdark, :monster:. Also of note is that in some countries (Europe? My FFIX copy has just the logo), the FF games just had the logo as a cover - which TBF is kinda boring. Unless you dig minimalism.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
On the one side, I agree and hope they do that. On the other, I'm a cynic that thinks they'll just replace it with something grimdark, :monster:. Also of note is that in some countries (Europe? My FFIX copy has just the logo), the FF games just had the logo as a cover - which TBF is kinda boring. Unless you dig minimalism.
Original Japanese cover of FFVII has that mostly white but with logo thing going on. I like it, but I do dig minimalism.
I think it would be a waste, though, now that games are capable of looking so GOOD.
If they do replicate the original's cover, I really hope they don't whitewash the background again. I don't really get why they did that to begin with.

Sublime

Gravitas? What gravitas?
wishy washy speak

This.

I think the text was good but I'm just not a fan of voiceovers in this kind of thing. If it had just been text interspersed throughout the trailer it would have been so much better IMO.

I mean, I can read and I trust the directors to make the trailer itself dramatic enough without having someone come in and do a voiceover to hammer it in. The voice isn't important to me and actually detracts from the value and seriousness of what's being said.

tl;dr - Down with voiceovers!

Lex

Administrator
I hope they do a PS4 render of Cloud replicating the PS1 CD/Boxart. How awesome of a throwback that would be? XD Kinda hoping for it!

This would be cool, but folks need to remember that only the US box art had images with FF games. In the rest of the world, it was just the logo. And I've always been rather attached to the simple, sleek design of just the logo on the front cover of FF games.

UK:
CHvoorjWEAIx2If.jpg

JP:
ja_front.jpg

Animexcel

Pro Adventurer

That would be awesome as well as each of the characters' model poses :D

Lex

Administrator
Agree. I've always preferred the simple look of the Japanese box arts.

The PS box art differences between Europe and the US actually continue to this day. It's more noticeable on the spine of the game. In the EU, they're almost universally just a white background with a black title. US games have all this obnoxious graphic art that obscures the text. Random: Harry Potter is the same. It must be a marketing thing, where the US companies are like "our customer base needs something flashy to attract them" and in the EU it's like "our customer base wants to be able to read the title so they know what they're buying" XD.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
The japanese cover is like the Beatles' White Album.

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
^ In that case, maybe Final Fantasy VII is actually the name of a band and the game doesn't have a title? Have we been getting it wrong all this time?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I prefer the minimalist boxart of the Japan FF games EXCEPT VII's. VIII and IX's cast portraits are a little busy. But the washed out image of Cloud looking up at the monolithic Shinra tower is an awesome cover.

Top Bottom