• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Did Jenova left the planet ?

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
What do you think about this reading of Advent Children ?

Jenova is gone riding a meteor and bringing all of the lifestream with her, abandonning her children.
electricity might come from oil extraction now. No more mako eyes. Materias are inoperative except if used by the remnants that become memories in the end.
Kadaj is given a box to contain a part of Jenova. When it faints, we discover a green liquid seeming little alive.
The whole movie inspires an impression of abandonment. There is a theme about orphans.

A sudden discovery:
Excerpt from Jacques Demy's movie "Parking" (Youtube)
Did Final Fantasy VII's opening cinematic took inspiration from the movie "Parking" (Jacques Demy) ? (FFF)
Découverte de dernière minute :) (ff7.fr)
Question to Naora Yusuke (Twitter) Same answer from Kazushige Nojima.

Making assumptions:
Mother (Jenova) == Mother earth/mother nature ? (TLS)
Mother (Jenova) == Mother earth/mother nature ? (FFF)
Mère (Jenova) == mère nature ? (ff7.fr)
Did Jenova left the planet ? (TLS)

Trying to stick to the canon:
Le pouvoir de Jenova (ff7.fr)
Tifa died and came back... (FFF)
D'autres sont morts aussi... (ff7.fr)

Questioning further:
Greek letters at the Gold Saucer (Dionysos - final fantasy forums) (FFF)
A true hero ? (TLS)
What are these trees from Final Fantasy VII's sleeping forest ? (UBC Botanical Garden) Twitter (Kazushige Nojima - Don't know if this is related but the dates correspond quite well) (Twitter)
Who owns these wings ? (TLS)
What is Shinra's true motive ? (TLS)

Concluding as best as I could:
Stating a premise (TLS)
"LIFE must leave to develop elsewhere, whatever it takes." That's its nature as a cosmic wanderer.
Jenova is a WEAPON with psychic abilities that'll play the role of CHAOS into triggering LIFE's migration aboard OG's Meteor.

Last edited:

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
what

okay, if I'm reading this correctly: you think that in Advent Children, Jenova's still alive, but she hopped on an another meteor and yeeted away from the Planet and took the Lifestream with her

(despite the fact that ingame, we find her body in Nibelheim mansion (which was then moved over to ShinRa HQ) and fight various bits and pieces of her body parts here and there.)
(and despite the fact that if the Lifestream leaves the Planet, everyone and everything on said Planet is dead.)

....and then you want Kadaj to run around as a Pokemon Trainer and he's gotta catch all of Jenova's remains to bring Jenova back? Is this what you mean?

Last edited:

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
okay, if I'm reading this correctly: you think that in Advent Children, Jenova's still alive, but she hopped on an another meteor and yeeted away from the Planet and took the Lifestream with her
Yes she's alive but hopped on the Meteor that we see at the end of Final Fantasy VII.
(and despite the fact that if the Lifestream leaves the Planet, everyone and everything on said Planet is dead.)
Do we see babies in AC ? I mean this is the kind of thing that you do after a war, a disaster.
I know that what I say can hurt, this is terribly sad and I'm sorry for that.

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
How does one "hop onto a meteor" especially one that's plummeting into a planet as exponential speeds before being broken up by the lifestream.

I just don't get this theory in any of its points.

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
How does one "hop onto a meteor" especially one that's plummeting into a planet as exponential speeds before being broken up by the lifestream.
Complicated task, the kind of one that requires thousands of years of careful planning and preparation.
How long did the Meteor stayed over Midgar ?

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
I'm trying to reveal my personal theory about the game's plot. And discussing it.
Many games / movies use a form of mystification to keep the viewer / player in suspense. Look at "Usual Suspect" for instance.
I think that Final Fantasy VII is a masterpiece from this point of view as well as from many others.
Aren't my arguments interesting at least ?

Last edited:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
You face and defeat an entity known as Jenova Complete before you face Sephiroth, this was at the Northern Crater a whole other continent from Midgar above which Meteor was breaking through the atmosphere at that time.. Not did it look like the Lifestream repulsed Meteor back into the void of space, it more seemed like it got destroyed. So I can't see the basis for this theory. Advent Children does have a theme of orphans and abandonment about them but I feel the tragedy of Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo was that they were in actuality the product of Sephiroth's Will entirely, their imagined Mother being dead and ignorant of their existence.

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
You face and defeat an entity known as Jenova Complete before you face Sephiroth
What is special about her Complete state ?
If she is complete then she's probably ready to go.

I'm assuming that Jenova can join the Lifestream if she dies.
I think you're right to question the distance between the crater and Midgar. There surely is a lag between actions taken at the crater and their eventual consequences over Midgar.
Now considering that Jenova and Sephiroth are at the crater. Sephiroth (one of Those Chosen by the Planet) launched the invocation Meteor which aims to find a wandering object in the cosmos and to project it on a target. It seems like he's retaining Holy too. Jenova Complete is defeated on purpose (she even uses a countdown to declare the exact moment of her departure (suicide?), maybe a clue to indicate that this is a timed operation), she returns to the Lifestream and immediately takes the direction of Midgar. Bizzaro Sephiroth is defeated, Holy is released and joins the Meteor to stop it. The fight is balanced, the two forces cancel each other out but the pressure is extreme. Jenova enters the Meteor on which she beforehand ensured that someone make a breach appear (or it was an attempt to bring in the four elemental crystals (huge materias)). She also brings in as much Lifestream as possible, it's a fuel and it will allow her to spread on the next planet.
Then Safer Sephiroth is defeated. The Meteor invocation is broken. Suddenly no more pressure is exerted against Holy. White flash. The meteor is propelled into the cosmos. Sephiroth sacrificed by Jenova has no time to rejoin the ship, he's now a spiritual remnant.

Not did it look like the Lifestream repulsed Meteor back into the void of space, it more seemed like it got destroyed.
The very end of the game offers us to contemplate a never-ending journey in a straight line and at high speed across the cosmos.

I just don't get this theory in any of its points.
You can see that Meteor remains suspended above Midgar for quite a long period of time. We can see very clearly the movement of tornadoes below a meteor that dosen't move an inch. It dosen't look like a proper meteor attack as anyone can imagine it. It is only when Holy places itself below it that the Meteor comes to weigh against it (Nanaki : "Holy is having the opposite effect").
I can not help but see Canyon Cosmo as a control tower in one of the shots.
In this regard, I also find quite strange that the Buggy breaks down just in front of Canyon Cosmo earlier in the game. Would this failure be premeditated?

From what I can see, Kadaj, Loz and Yazoo are not the only sad ones. Cloud calls Aerith "Mother" in his dream and in the end she fades away.

This is how I see things now, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

Last edited:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Jenova's memetic legacy lurks in the Lifestream in Advent Children. This is literally explained and said outright in the movie. She hasn't gone anywhere. Her cells are the cause of Geostigma and her legacy is felt through out the world.

You have a tendency to fundamentally misunderstand concepts regarding Jenova and it's placement in the story. Sephiroth is the one who spoke of riding the lifeless husk of the planet like a meteor, and finding a new planet to terrorize. Such an act had not happened yet.

S.L.Kerrigan

Pro Adventurer
AKA
molosev
Jenova's memetic legacy lurks in the Lifestream in Advent Children. This is literally explained and said outright in the movie. She hasn't gone anywhere. Her cells are the cause of Geostigma and her legacy is felt through out the world.
I agree that Jenova's legacy lurks in the lifestream, but a legacy is generally something that is left by someone that's gone.
Moreover, this legacy does not seem to last for long.

I noticed that there is a resemblance in the way the Lifestream rejoins Meteor in Final Fantasy VII ending and the way the Lifestream should have rejoined Omega Dirge of Cerberus - Omega briefing.
Whether at the end of Final Fantasy VII or at the end of Dirge of Cerberus, I have the feeling that something is desperately trying to leave the planet. I find interesting that the launch pad seems to be Midgar every time.

Nature seems to have regained its rights over the realm of men when Nanaki looks at Midgar from this promontory five hundred years later. We hear children laugh, but we do not see them. Are there still humans on this planet?

----------------
Edit 08-25-2022 :
To refer to the Remake (Edge of Creation). Considering that Cloud and Sephiroth are seen in the future, standing on the meteor, between the dying universe and the one about to be born. I find that the meteor would fit quite well as a vehicle on the way to its destination.
----------------

Last edited:
Top Bottom