• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

"Discs," and What is On Them

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Okay so the language around "discs" was weird. If I am correctly interpreting what's been said:

- FF7 Remake (Part 1) will release 0303.2020
- FF7 Remake (Part 1) comprises 2 discs.
- The 2 disks will tell the Midgar section of the story, which is expanded.
- The Midgar section of the story, which will span 2 discs, is launching on 0303.2020

Is this correct? I don't really care how many discs there are, it's one download lol. But Part 1 will end when you leave Midgar, yes? I feel like it wasn't made clear during the presentation.

Defeatable

Rookie Adventurer
It wouldn't be that much of a surprise if even THEY didn't know how many parts it was going to be...or how long it would take. After all, if they're making the absolute DEFINITIVE FF7, they're going to add as much content as they want to add without worrying about not having the time or resources to do so...for better or for worse.

My money's still on 3 parts, though.

Ite

AKA
Ite
Three parts, two-discs each, would be quite neat. You wouldn't need to pad out the second part too much, as chasing Sephiroth around the world is very long. You could easily add very little before the Temple of the Ancients and have a solid Part 2 on your hands. Whether Part 2 ends at the Temple, the Forgotten City, or at Meteorfall (the last option being my pick) the rest of the game would quite sufficiently comprise a Part 3.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What's on the discs?

Hype. And awe.

There, thread over :mon:

Okay, but for real though, it is pretty shocking they're fitting the entire Midgar part of FFVII on 2-discs. That's like, very shocking.

So in regards to what you do in terms of leveling, acquiring items, etc... Will this carry over to the next part? I mean, how is that going to work?

These are important questions that should be revealed soon. Cause it would suck ass if you put in all this work on part 1 only to be reset again back in part two, lol.

clowd

Pro Adventurer
I think it's obvious what the (3) parts will be now

1 - Midgar
2 - City of the Ancients
3 - End

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
I always thought the first would be Midgar. I just never thought it would be so damn big.

...But I'd always secretly hoped. And indeed, I did always speculate a huge expansion of Midgar. And while I do have worries for the pacing of the entire experience now, I think this shows us the extent to which they are willing to pad out the overall plot. I am expecting some serious work to go into even Kalm and the Mythril Mines.

But Midgar. There is just SO much they could do. I thought it would be about 15 to 20 hours, with fetch quests galore. but this had AVALANCHE racing through tunnels on motorcycles. That's an entirely new scenario, so it is very likely we'll get more things of that nature. Other attacks on Shinra. Maybe even bank robbery type heists. This could be a blast.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
I still can't collect my thoughts together...and my vocabulary is already very limited, because my English is miserable at best.

With Midgar becoming his own game AND content so big, that it needs TWO BLUE RAY DISCS MOTHERFUCKER! my childhood dream to explore every sector of this city could become a reality...I HOPE that means Midgar is open world structured, I KNOW I KNOW it's not a very popular opinion, but at that point, what else can it be?

Since I registered on this forum (Nov. 2018), I always wanted to create a post\thread about why I think OW Midgar is a possiblity, and how it still retains all the necessary aspects what you expect from a main title of the Final Fantasy series. But I couldn't motivate myself to this day to actually write one, and I am not sure I will in the future...

People already talking about in other threads about Avalanches bigger presence in the game, having their cells operating and scattered over the whole city (one of the topics of my imaginary post). For Avalanche to be a much greater threat for Shinra makes sense, otherwise their actions against the group would seem exaggerated, you know, to blow up the plate (drop one part of the city, on top of another part of the city), because of six individuals...NOT in todays landscape of storytelling video games!

Character specific side events were you earn money for the resources you need for terrorist activities.

Tifa brawling it out in a steel cage.

Cloud racing against a motley crew of opponents.

Barret helps whoever needs help in this fu%$ed up city.

And besides already more worldbuilding and minigames, you get rewards like Items, Materia and maybe new outfits.
And now THIS^ could be a reality!

I am very happy to be part of the TLS... thank you, ALL of you, thank you very much. Thank you Square Enix (I can't believe I am writing this).
And especially, thank you @Vyzzuvazzadth, since your video about how to split the Remake, I am a big fan of your content (maybe because I was already biased at this point), you gave me hope for the Remake! Thank you!

I wish all of you a nice day, can get this day any better?

Last edited:

rimavelle

Pro Adventurer
AKA
rima
For those that are wondering how/if saves will work - Why woudn't they? There are games that import saves from old games (from different platforms/game engines), and here we will have games on the same game engine, same battle system. Save is only info file for where your character is, what lvl they have. Sure you would just need to import "clear" save from Part 1 and it will dump you outside Midgar or wherever Part 2 begins, with all things you got previously.
As for 2 discs for Part 1... I need to buy bigger HDD, it has to install somewhere.

Lex

Administrator
Re: the question about what is on each disc, it'll just be all the game data and will require install. I did have a slight hope for a nostalgic "please insert disc 2" moment, but that would be impractical :monster:

You'll install from both discs and then probably need disc 1 to play the game (for DRM), that's how most multi-disc games work these days. Or buy the digital version and not have to do that at all :monster:

Ite

AKA
Ite
I don't think "change discs" screens are included in digital versions. It would be neat to have something like an intermission, like in Gone With the Wind. Bahaha but that's not gonna happen.

Top Bottom