Disney's The BFG

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.

Really, really hoping this isn't screwed up. The BFG was one of my favourite childhood films.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
^I have never even heard of this... what is it?

You didn't read the book of BFG, or watch the original animated movie?

SPOILERS: It's about an orphan girl who meets a Giant who goes around people's homes each night with dream fogs or something to provide exicting dreams in young children while they sleep.

I've read the book for school work and watched the original animated movie as a young child.

Had a feeling that a remake of the story would happen, but I never thought Disney would be the studio to do so.

Ghost X

I've not seen the original animated movie, but read the book as a child. I remember it being pretty awesome, but remember no details, so it'll be interesting to see if/when I watch this movie, if it'll hit me in the long lost memory department.

Last edited:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
I've not seen the original animated book, but read the book as a child. I remember it being pretty awesome, but remember no details, so it'll be interesting to see if/when I watch this movie, if it'll hit me in the long lost memory department.

Pretty sure I still got that book somewhere. My parents keep the old things and like to pass them down to me and my sister...though there are some things I'm willing to let go.

I know this is gonna sound disgusting, but the most powerful memory I have of both the book and the original animated movie is when the girl is briefly gobbled up inside a mouth before being spat back out.

Splintered

unsavory tart
I've not seen the original animated book, but read the book as a child. I remember it being pretty awesome, but remember no details, so it'll be interesting to see if/when I watch this movie, if it'll hit me in the long lost memory department.

This is where I am at. I read the book years ago and remember it being one of my favorites but I don't remember anything else beyond that. So I'm interested in seeing how this pans out.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Wait, there's an animated movie?

I read the book as a kid, but I never knew there was an animated movie done in the past. D:

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm in the camp of having absolutely zero knowledge that this was a thing until just now.

X :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Must've watched the animated movie a dozen times over the years, in my memory it's a very nicely animated movie and shit :monster:. Only watched the Dutch narrated version though. It gets rather dark and depressing at various times though.

Also, fart jokes. :awesome:.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
I remember reading the book, but I also remember at the time my cousin being really into Doom so now whenever I think about BFG, I think about BFGs wielding, well, BFGs. :monster:

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I remember the book.

I remember the cartoon.

I remember being scared as fuck.

Shit.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
Read this book as a child. Really liked it. Wonder if this will be worth a damn.

Ghost X

Did the book contain fart jokes too? I am slightly disturbed at the possibility this movie may have them :P.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The only things I remember are
the little girl seeing the giant peaking into all of the houses and then the scene where she hides in a giant pickle and another giant almost eats her.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
jIKzPMr.png

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I'm sure there are / will be parodies that just replace every instance of friendly with fucking, :monster:. Actually I'm sure there's a version of the book out there. Just like replacing 'wand' with 'wang' in Harry Potter.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
I still keep saying 'Big Fucking Giant' every time I see this title. :wacky:

Even though I've seen the animated movie and read the original book, now these days, when I see the title, I think of it as "Big Fat Giant", lol.

Octo

KULT OF KERMITU
AKA
Octo, Octorawk, Clarky Cat, Kissmammal2000
I just remembered how pant shitting the original cartoon was. I'm not sure I'll be able to handle this :monster:

Top Bottom