Dissidia Ad-Hoc Party Roll Call

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Alright maggots. Ad-Hoc party for the PS3 is coming out this Thursday, and that means now there will be a way to play Dissidia online, without the aid of X-Link Kai and going through the work of getting your USB wi-fi adapter or router to work.

So who here outside of myself has a PS3, Dissidia, and the means to use Ad-Hoc party? For the love of God, please don't tell me Cannon_Fodder's the only one. :monster:

If we've got enough people, we can hold a Dissidia Ad-Hoc *party* and actually play against each other. So if you got it, post it and lets work out a time to play.

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
If I get the broadband line into my room anytime soon (my Dad is lazy), I'll put my name down.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
And if I can get it to work with my non-wireless PS3, I will too. :monster:

Incidentally, my roommate's PS3 has wireless, so if worse comes to worse I can use that.

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
I have a ps3 and psp, so if anyone with the EUR version wants to play I'll go hook up my ps3 to the net.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
I have a PSP and PS3 and a router, can I gets it to work? :wackymonster:

I'd have to actually level up my characters before I would even think about venturing into the online D:

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
I have a ps3 and psp, so if anyone with the EUR version wants to play I'll go hook up my ps3 to the net.

I'm in Europe also. :monster: But I was under the impression that we could still join the parties of people in the U.S.?

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
I have a PSP and PS3 and a router, can I gets it to work? :wackymonster:

I'd have to actually level up my characters before I would even think about venturing into the online D:

No, I don't think so. There's a handicap option to raise or lower levels (can't remember which) in order to make a fight fair. If you don't want to try it that's cool, I'm just telling you its there :geek:

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
No, I don't think so. There's a handicap option to raise or lower levels (can't remember which) in order to make a fight fair. If you don't want to try it that's cool, I'm just telling you its there :geek:

That's good to know. I'd still like to get a little better before I play against others though, since I haven't had the chance to play too much since I got it :(

NoenGaruth

AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
I'm in Europe also. :monster: But I was under the impression that we could still join the parties of people in the U.S.?

Lol I'm actaully in that part of Europe that's not part of Europe - Australia :awesome:

But yeah, I'm positive that we can't join game's of people in the US since I tried it on 2 psp's with the 2 versions and they wont detect one another in the lobby or even trade friend cards. >_<

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Wait, what? Ad-hoc party is in Europe? I've been checking it up today, and haven't been able to find it! Damn.

Oh, by the way, once I get this to work, I'm all for it...

Raquelborn

"I slice your ass in 4."
AKA
Raq, Raquel.
Lol I'm actaully in that part of Europe that's not part of Europe - Australia :awesome:

But yeah, I'm positive that we can't join game's of people in the US since I tried it on 2 psp's with the 2 versions and they wont detect one another in the lobby or even trade friend cards. >_<
Wait, what? Ad-hoc party is in Europe? I've been checking it up today, and haven't been able to find it! Damn.

I'm going by this:

http://www.gtplanet.net/ad-hoc-party-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/

This comment caught my eye though:

"Ad-Hoc party does as the write-up says. It allows you to use your PS3 as a “router” allowing you to play psp games with ppl who are not in your psp’s wifi range. This means if i sit in the US and connect to ad-hoc party and create a room and you sit in the UK and join my Ad-Hoc party room we can vs each other in GT-PSP as if we were sitting next to each other…"

He/she maybe making up rubbish, but at least they don't seem like an e-moron.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Has anyone downloaded AHP yet? Or used it for that matter? I might play some tonight, was wondering if anyone had tried it first

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I'm going by this:

http://www.gtplanet.net/ad-hoc-party-coming-to-north-america-and-europe/

This comment caught my eye though:

"Ad-Hoc party does as the write-up says. It allows you to use your PS3 as a “router” allowing you to play psp games with ppl who are not in your psp’s wifi range. This means if i sit in the US and connect to ad-hoc party and create a room and you sit in the UK and join my Ad-Hoc party room we can vs each other in GT-PSP as if we were sitting next to each other…"

He/she maybe making up rubbish, but at least they don't seem like an e-moron.

I think it really depends on the game, and whether or not the individual developers choose to make the games compatible.

NoenGaruth

AKA
I think it really depends on the game, and whether or not the individual developers choose to make the games compatible.

Tennyo is spot on, what they're talking about on that link is that you are able to play between US and EUR players if the two versions are compatible (Like how all PS3 and Xbox games are all the same for US and EUR), unfortunately Dissidia is not one of those games. :(

...this of course leads us to the big question - what was the point in making them different?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, people need to get on Ad Hoc party and play me. I just got it installed tonight and I'm having a ball. C'mon people. FACE ME NOW.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
*ahem*

I want to schedule an ad-hoc party tonight. Cunts need to post and say when they're gonna be on ad-hoc party tonight to play, damnit. :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sorry man, I can't make it on tonight. Class is a bitch :@

Hope you pwn noobs though.

Aww c'mon! It can be late! I'm usually up late into the night. :awesome:

@Forcestealer

If you go that route, it'd have to be X-Link Kai. Ad-Hoc Party is through the PS3. X-Link is through the computer.

I'm still shocked your PS3 is shitty like that. :(

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah, its the only iteration of the PS3 that can't use the service.

...still, I'll take my BC, :P

And like I said I'll just have to use my roommate's PS3, unfortunately I'm home for thanksgiving, but I'll be happy to knock you down next week if you're available.

Top Bottom