Dissidia Ad-Hoc Party Roll Call

NoenGaruth

That Guy With The Midgar Model
AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada
Setbacks ladies and gents, as it seems adhoc party hasn't been released yet on the PAL PSN store (at least here in Australia it hasn't). :(

NoenGaruth

AKA
NoenGaruth, Stolz, Blitzwing, Ryoko Asakura, Judge Magister Gabranth, Col. Hans Landa, Itsuki Koizumi, Treize Khushrenada

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Create another user account and register it for the PSN with the United States as your country. Then you'll have access to the US store.

NoenGaruth

AKA
Everyone except me :awesome:

But yes, I have it all installed on my PS3 now, cept now I have no idea what I'm doing, so I've Pm'd Mako for assistance.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
What you need to do, is first turn on your PSP and go to Dissidia. Then go to an online Lobby (preferably Cornelia) and leave it on there.

Then, you go to Ad-Hoc party and hit "Start" and it'll connect to the PSP and discover what game you're playing. Then it'll take you to a list of rooms and stuff where the game is, and then you can start playing other people.

If you want to coordinate playing with other people, its best to find the exact room and world they're in so you won't get lost and stuff. ^^

NoenGaruth

AKA
Yeah but I can't ever find any games in the lobby's. >_<

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Okay, so ad-hoc party finds out what game you're playing right?

And it takes you to the appropriate world, right?

Now when you get to the world, you need to walk your little avatar to a chat room (or house) that says they're playing Dissidia and go in it. When you do that, you'll actually see the people in your room in Dissidia if they're available.

NoenGaruth

AKA
Okay, so ad-hoc party finds out what game you're playing right?

Yep

And it takes you to the appropriate world, right?

Nope, takes me to where I can scroll through the worlds and scan the selected one for people using the game, however the last couple of times I've done this none of the worlds have anyone playing dissidia.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Ahh, well that happens sadly. But you figured out how to use it :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I don't suppose there are any members on right now who could play some Dissidia with me on Ad-Hoc party, are there? :awesomonster:

NoenGaruth

AKA
Depends if you're still around right now, I've tried hailing you a couple of times on msn.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Sadly I wasn't able to play against NoenGarth.

So again, anyone up to playing today? :monster:

NoenGaruth

AKA
I didn't know you could even brick a PS3...

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
Maybe I'm using the term right, I've always kinda sucked at the 'internet slang' you kids use today, but every time I tried to turn it on, the light would turn green for just a second before going yellow and the system would shut down. It didn't even boot up enough for me to get my disc out. After it shut down, it'd be unresponsive for a few minutes before I could repeat the process all over again. Is that a brick?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
It didn't even boot up enough for me to get my disc out. After it shut down, it'd be unresponsive for a few minutes before I could repeat the process all over again. Is that a brick?

Something far worse. But, no worries, there's help.

As for the actual topic, I'd just call that "crapping out." Depending on who you ask, though, the situation you described could involve a brick.

Last edited:

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
@TresDias: Thank you for the link. I will use it in the near future...Not that I have to, just, curiosity...*cough*

And yeah, the long story short is I finally have an excuse to buy a PS3 Slim, so it could be worse :lol:
More than anything I`m pissed it ate my copy of Uncharted 2, that shit was ballin'.

NoenGaruth

AKA
More than anything I`m pissed it ate my copy of Uncharted 2, that shit was ballin'.

I believe now is when you actually brick your PS3...and smash it open with a brick :awesome:

Top Bottom