Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
New change - the scene of Cloud of Darkness and Kefka watching OK and Terra on the moon? IIRC, originally this occurred at the end of OK's story, now it occurs during it, while Terra's still around.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
DP for Terra justice - I'm playing her DO now, and they've tweaked her here to be slightly less helpless. In the original game when OK was kidnapped she said "I can't do this alone... I didn't think I would be so lost without him..." Here she muses over the fact he helped her in spite of what she did to him, and resolves to save him. In general her attitude is less "I don't know how I'll make it alone" and more "I'm going to have to make it alone", so she comes off more determined and less wimpy. She's still hesitant about fighting, but she isn't outright fearful anymore. Her dialogue with Cloud for the rest of the storyline is similarly more focused on her search for Onion Knight and her resolve to save him instead of her insecurities and worries. When they enter the final stage Terra goes "It's him, Kefka's here," and when Cloud asks if she's okay she replies she's fine, it's her turn to protect OK as he protected her, and she isn't afraid to face Kefka this time.

So yeah, I'm pleased. The 12th cycle destroyed her character, but the 13th cycle repairs some of the damage. I'm gonna go right into OK's story afterwards to see how she is there. Another nice throwback is that Terra's story takes place in a snow-covered area, and she tells OK that she feels nostalgic watching the snow fall. At another point she has a short dialogue with Cloud where he gives her advice to watch the movement of Manikins in the field to see an opening to pass or attack them.

I think you are being a little too soft here, Drake. At the end of Chapter 0 Onion Kniht says he'll protect, then she says she's counting on him, then they have the exact same exchange at the beginning of OK's chapter, then once more in Terra's.

"I'm counting on [12 year old brat]" has ver much become Terra's catchphrase.

But you know what the worst part is? Reports are selected by highlighting text in the Researchers reports. like "Shows signs of intelligence." for Gilgamesh and "child" for Vaan's treatment of OK. You know what the Terra one is? "still no signs of will". We get it SE, you don't like Terra.

Then on the downside, Terra's little chuckle after "check out the enemy's equipment" is gone. The line is still there in sightly different wording, but not her response.

Yeah, there's been a few things that are taken out. Kefka and the Emperor's exchange at the beginning of Cloud's chapter is gone. Most of the cutscenes that happen after the end of each chapter are gone (like Tidus saying he was all like "this is my story" and then Cloud is like "Story's is no over yet". I dunno if they are all gona. Garland and Kuja preparing t fight then getting interrupted by Jecht happens smackdab in the middle of Squall's chapter.

And on a gameplay note, there's a Gateway in her story that uses a very cruel trap. The gateway has five enemies, and a Multichain on a certain tile will let you chain all of them. Four of the enemies are Golden Manikins with high starting Bravery, and all of them have Deathgaze. And the one tile you have to stand on to be able to chain them all, it has a 5x Base Bravery effect. So you try and chain them together, you're gonna be Broken at the beginning of every fight because your Bravery will always be a multiple of five, and you'll be then facing an enemy with 1 HP but 2000+ Bravery, AND a full EX Gauge so you're looking at the possibility of them using EX Revenge and one-shotting you while you're helpless. And that's the four Gold ones - you face them first, and then the fifth enemy, an Elite Cloud of Darkness Manikin, Level 22, who will thus have around 4000 Bravery because you're encouraged to go through the level at Level 1. And oh yes, you have to kill all these enemies in less than 90 seconds if you want to get KP, which is the only reason you'd chain them anyway.

Whoever designed that level is a very sick, evil, twisted individual.

I know, complete assholes.

Also, no alt outfits in story mode. :([/QUOTE]

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
And on a gameplay note, there's a Gateway in her story that uses a very cruel trap. The gateway has five enemies, and a Multichain on a certain tile will let you chain all of them. Four of the enemies are Golden Manikins with high starting Bravery, and all of them have Deathgaze. And the one tile you have to stand on to be able to chain them all, it has a 5x Base Bravery effect. So you try and chain them together, you're gonna be Broken at the beginning of every fight because your Bravery will always be a multiple of five, and you'll be then facing an enemy with 1 HP but 2000+ Bravery, AND a full EX Gauge so you're looking at the possibility of them using EX Revenge and one-shotting you while you're helpless. And that's the four Gold ones - you face them first, and then the fifth enemy, an Elite Cloud of Darkness Manikin, Level 22, who will thus have around 4000 Bravery because you're encouraged to go through the level at Level 1. And oh yes, you have to kill all these enemies in less than 90 seconds if you want to get KP, which is the only reason you'd chain them anyway.

Whoever designed that level is a very sick, evil, twisted individual.
Drake, I hate to break it to you, but that particular gateway has no Bonus Level line thingy. You could've saved yourself all this trouble and pain by resetting Terra's level back to 100 before entering the gateway....

Actually, it's a pretty awesome place to farm for KP, since there's a moogle shop right next to the gateway and you can just keep buying Multichain there. 15 KP a round's not bad at all~

Last edited:

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
Thank you for the advise, Drake. I'll take that into account, and perhaps update my Prologus file from time to time...

Oh, and I'm absolutely in love with Tifa's theme.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
I think you are being a little too soft here, Drake. At the end of Chapter 0 Onion Kniht says he'll protect, then she says she's counting on him, then they have the exact same exchange at the beginning of OK's chapter, then once more in Terra's.

"I'm counting on [12 year old brat]" has ver much become Terra's catchphrase.

To be fair, those are the cutscenes from the first game. In the non-voiced dialogue scenes it's greatly toned down.

roku

Pro Adventurer
Just completed scenario 000

I decided to skip Shinryu's Lair and just go for Feral Chaos himself. He wasn't as hard as I feared. I think I might have had more trouble with some of the manikins in the other optional dungeons. The reason is because Feral Chaos's armor is actually quite weak, and his defense was a lot lower than I expected. He still hits pretty hard, though. I started with Firion, and on my first try I took out over 90k of his health with him alone. I wasn't even spamming Lord of Arms or anything; I fought him like a normal opponent, dodging his attacks and punishing with Rope Knife > Double Trouble into a Kuja assist for Weaponmaster assist chase. Yuna took out another 15k health after that, and Prishe finished the job.

In the last two dungeons, the moogle that's been following you around will talk to you after every fight or so and reveal a lot of juicy plot bits. I didn't write down what he said earlier regarding Shinryu and the nature of the world, but I did write down what he says about Chaos during the last few dungeons. Here it is, word for word:

The Cycle of destruction and purification gave Chaos power and corroded his mind. And after the 18th purification, as soon as the next conflict began, Chaos lost himself.

Leaping out of his throne, he thrashed the lands, eliminating Cosmos's warriors, and annihilated even the warriors he had summoned himself...

Cosmos was true to her mission, even as she lost her memory after every purification. She would summon her warriors and send them to fight Chaos until they perished. No one knows how many of these warriors were sacrificed as disposable pawns...

Chaos was initially reluctant to fight Cosmos...Because Cosmos was a "manikin" of the one who once loved and cared for Chaos. Thus, even after the conflict had begun, he would never inflict direct force onto her. It was when Chaos began to attack Cosmos without hesitation that I realized just how horrible the "cycle" of my creation actually was.

Cosmos's power to summon warriors eventually started to wane. After the 20th purification, she could not summon any new pawns for herself. They dwindled until the last - the only one born in this realm - finally perished...

Even with her warriors gone, Cosmos expended her life to sustain the world's order. Solely to fulfill her mission - to let Chaos destroy the world, or himself...But it reached the point where Chaos's next attack would mean the end for her. It was then that I took physical form as a moogle and headed to Order's Sanctuary. I simply could not lose Cosmos...

Cosmos wished to fight until the end, but I pulled her out of the Sanctuary. The Chasm in the Rotting Land would be unreachable to Chaos. So I sealed her away in the depths of that gateway...

The Conflict of the gods had reached an end of sorts. Chaos now had immense powers, but the door to the Rift showed no signs of opening. I began to think Chaos would destroy the world, and all would return to the Void. But Chaos left the world untouched, and instead turned against Shinryu.

Shinryu and Chaos were equal in strength. It seemed the battle would never end. Chaos gained power through destruction, while Shinryu's amassed power purified its wounds. Their colliding powers threatened to destroy the realm at any moment. So I decided to cleave the northern continent, where they fought, from the south, where Cosmos slept...

I headed for the chasm once more and surrendered my powers to cleave the world. I made sure that the gateway in Lufenia bridging the north and south would never be released. My powers given me by Shinryu now lost, I joined Cosmos to enter a long sleep. Until the moment that Chaos gained enough power to open the door to the Rift...

As you saw yourself, I did not have most of my memory when I awoke. I was not fully aware of what it meant to release the gateway in Lufenia. Still I headed for the land of discord to seek the truth as the mured moogle. Cosmos was suppose to be by my side. When could she have perished? And here I am, alive and alone, nothing to show for what I was able to protect...

The "weapon" that I had nurtured could no longer hear my words. Chaos must be defeated for his powers to be maneuvered to open the door. But there is no way a lone moogle can defeat a beast such as him. And that is fine with me. Mine is a life suited to perish in this realm. But you...You don't deserve the same fate. I must return you to whence you came.

I am at the root of all that has happened. Inside Cosmos was born the will to protect her warriors in the 12th conflict...but I ignored it. She then lost everything in the 13th conflict. Too desperate to save myself, I couldn't help one dream of hers come to fruition.
Trapped in this realm with Chaos and Cosmos, I wished to return to my homeworld, because I wanted revenge against the state that robbed me of my family. Revenge was why I parted with my flesh. I was willing to sacrifice anything. But at some point, I realized...Revenge satisfies nothing. All that mattered was for the world to be at peace.

Since being separated from the other realm, time has not been steady here. I am certain that you can return to your world to reunite with friends and family. But I still don't understand...How did you come to this realm? There are no more gods who can summon warriors from other realms. So how do you know about Chaos and Cosmos?

If I am the one who summoned you here, like the two gods used to do, then all I have is remorse. I am sorry to have involved you in this way. However...Unlike from a war of the gods, there is a sure way of "returning home" from here. Having watched you since releasing the Chasm in the Rotting Land until now, I am convinced that you can defeat Chaos.

Once Feral Chaos is defeated:

Can you hear my voice? Cid has awakened - in the world in which I was felled in the 13th conflict. And another thing happened - another miracle. The "crystals" of the warriors who were defeated despite the strongest resolve have brought "her" back to that world. And Shinryu departed for the Rift. I guess the conflict will never repeat again. Thank you so much...for saving my father...

Beating Scenario 000 unlocks Report #20, which contains one cutscene. It's the secret ending from the first game...except it continues on beyond where it stopped in the first game. Cid asks Cosmos to leave the world with him, but she chooses to stay behind. Cid asks her for forgiveness for putting her and her warriors through everything, and she forgives him. The heroes then appear before her. She silently smiles at them as they disappear, presumably returning to their worlds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lskYWgCzIIs

Last edited:

Elisa Maza

Whomst
^ I R CONFUZD.
20.gif

Revenge? Father? 20th cycle that was decided in the 13th cycle?

Just... WAT.

Someone with an enormous bag of weed wrote that story.

I have a new name for Dissidia Duodecim.
"Dissidia Complete". Duodecim is so obviously a "director's cut" version of the original Dissidia.

roku

Pro Adventurer
Am I the only one who likes the story. I mean I know it's not that great, but I enjoyed it. But the only reason i play is for the gameplay.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
As I said, the main plot (the 12th cycle), was much better presented than the first and on the whole more engaging. The changes to the 13th cycle also appear to be for the better. The optional stuff appears to be where stuff starts getting weird.

Alex Strife

Ex-SOLDIER
More questions! :monster:

My brother has created a new game on Dissidia 012 and he found a FF versus XIII Noctis icon unlocked. As for me, I imported data from Dissidia and Prologus, and it's not there. Anyone could enlighten me as for why this could be? Stupid random question, I know, but still :loopy:

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Yeah, there's been a few things that are taken out. Kefka and the Emperor's exchange at the beginning of Cloud's chapter is gone. Most of the cutscenes that happen after the end of each chapter are gone (like Tidus saying he was all like "this is my story" and then Cloud is like "Story's is no over yet". I dunno if they are all gona. Garland and Kuja preparing t fight then getting interrupted by Jecht happens smackdab in the middle of Squall's chapter.

Correction the post chapter cutscenes now all happen in the last part of WoL's chapter. You get several scenes of Cosmos' other warriors sitting around admiring their long since obtained crystals while Warrior of Light is chasing Garland.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Am I the only one who likes the story. I mean I know it's not that great, but I enjoyed it. But the only reason i play is for the gameplay.

It wasn't great. It wasn't even good (arguably). But it was much, much better from 013. I didn't even bother completing 013's story, it was terrible. 012 benefited from a tighter grasp of storytelling. There was actually clear conflict, beginning-middle-and ends, and a clear resolution.

There where parts I didn't like, but there where parts I actually enjoyed. And I did like completing the story.

BTW, was the story originally Kain putting everyone to sleep? I thought it said he was killing everyone. Did the dub change it or are they scared of actually saying that Kain was killing people? Because it would be a lot less dramatic if he was just making them take a nap.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I thought HE was calling it putting them to sleep, to make himself feel better about it. They do call it "awakening" when they come back the next round, so I guess it would be easy to justify it to yourself that way, as that's essentially what happens to you when you die there.
But he's killing them.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
Cosmos mentions that unlike Jecht, whose power faded, she said she could sense that the other warriors were all still- interrupted by Lightning. Though WoL never gives a word to the contrary that Jecht was killed by Kain so I'm not totally sure.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
No, Jecht was not killed by Kain, the timeframe doesn't even allow for this so I'm not sure how one would think that. Anyone who is not watching the reports, I suggest you do so, Jecht's fate is explained in their optional scenes.

roku

Pro Adventurer
put to sleep means you come back in the next war. Getting killed means you don't come back.

Kefka's profile mentions that he killed himself after his last fight with Terra. I assume this is why he blew up.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
hey guys, i thought the original 20 fighters from the first line up were getting some new moves, or at least tweaked a little bit. But I haven't noticed anything new at all for any of them. What gives? Was that just a rumor?

ForceStealer

Double Growth
There's nothing major, but characters have changes here and there. Cloud has a spin move that pulls his opponent closer I know, for example.

DrakeClawfang

The Wanderer of Time
hey guys, i thought the original 20 fighters from the first line up were getting some new moves, or at least tweaked a little bit. But I haven't noticed anything new at all for any of them. What gives? Was that just a rumor?

You obviously aren't looking hard enough. Every character except for Kefka and Shantotto has at least one new move, and the old ones are all-around tweaked. Dunno how you could miss it.

Mitch Connor

Its All Good Enough
AKA
Blazing782
You obviously aren't looking hard enough. Every character except for Kefka and Shantotto has at least one new move, and the old ones are all-around tweaked. Dunno how you could miss it.

well excuse me for having better things to do than memorize every characters move list from the last game. Clouds change was barely noticeable they just added an extra effect to a move he already had, and I still don't see any difference in Cecil, Sephiroth, or Squall,

Last edited:

Dashell

SMILE!
AKA
Sonique, Quexinos, Pinkie Pie, Derpy Hooves
Question

When Yana says "Tidus" does she say "Tidus" or "Teedus"?
I can't find a video of it

Top Bottom