Dissidia gameplay videos

Bonaventura

Carpe Diem
AKA
G's Apple
He he, nice! Kefka's run is quite amusing thought. He boings and jumps, he can take everything as a joke! It must be funny playing as him! xD

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
I thought she sounded good during the trailers, but listening to that video she does seem a bit odd, a little too 'I'm so weak and frail'. But I don't know much about her as a character, so I don't know if that fits or not/etc. I just assume she'll grow out of it during the game.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Here's a video of Gabranth and Shantotto. One thing that should be mentioned is, Gabranth can manually charge his EX-Gauge.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSHkZm5U8wQ"]YouTube - Gabranth Ex Burst[/ame]

Shantotto is seriously badass. I think she's...probably one of the strongest players.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQS2I1iXf3w"]YouTube - Final Fantasy Dissidia - Shantotto vs Cloud[/ame]

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The ability to charge your own EX-Gauge is sick. And his attacks seem pretty powerful as well.

I love how not only does Gabranth steal his brother's identity, but apparently his Quickenings too :monster:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I heard that he can't do any HP attacks. Instead, that button charges the EX-Gauge and the EX Burst is the only way to damage your opponents. Can anyone confirm that?

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Shantotto is so cute :monster:
No surprise she's a strong character. I'm sure she's going to be one of those hard to use types, but once you know how she'll surely kick ass.

Gabranth is, as said, badass.

Someone posted this on FFF, thought I'd add it here.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73Z1uhO2-uo"]YouTube - Dissidia Final Fantasy -PSP- All Character Costumes[/ame]

All alternate costumes, minus Ganranth and Shantotto :monster:

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
I think I love all of those alternate outfits. My favorites are Cloud's, Terra's, Onion Knight's, and Bartz's. I'd rather see those than the originals to be honest :monster:

@Tetsujin

You're right. Gabranth loses the HP attack and gains the ability to manually charge the EX-Gauge. I think that's a pretty fair trade off though.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
That's pretty cool looney, thanks.

It's funny how Kefka goes from so goofy to so badass in his EX-form. And Trance Kuja looks awesome.

And also...I know this has been expressed before, but why the hell isn't green-haired Terra her primary costume? Blonde should be her alternate. She looks perfect with the green hair, not to mention SO much more like Terra. grr

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Fuck what Amano drew first, green haired Terra is the canon Terra :monster:

Reason why the blonde is default is because the original Amano artwork had her blonde, and all the designs from the characters are based off of the Amano artwork of each character.

So...Terra's a blonde in stockings. But she's better with green hair and bare legs...cause that's hot. :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
I don't get why people wank over Amano's crap personally.

People complain about Noruma(me included) but I don't see how Amano is any better.

Strangelove

AI Researcher
AKA
hitoshura
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=148.msg2957#msg2957 date=1229744909]
Reason why the blonde is default is because the original Amano artwork had her blonde
[/quote]
Nearly everyone Amano draws is 'blonde'. I think he just can't be bothered to colour hair in :monster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't wank over Amano, Dacon. I actually probably prefer Nomura, despite his sometimes-noticeable lack of variety.

But I played 40+ hours of FF6 looking at a green-haired Terra, it's just weird to me, that's all. How would you feel if Sephiroth showed up with red hair?

By the way, is the game's story completely revealed with every playthrough or only the story through the perspective of your character? I would guess the latter. In which case, is the story the same for the characters that are grouped together?

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=148.msg2971#msg2971 date=1229755455]
I don't wank over Amano, Dacon. I actually probably prefer Nomura[/quote]

Why do you feel as though I was referring to you? There's a reason I did not specify any one person, because there is no one here to refer to.
But I played 40+ hours of FF6 looking at a green-haired Terra, it's just weird to me, that's all. How would you feel if Sephiroth showed up with red hair?

I agree with this, not to mention green haired Terra is more aesthetically pleasing to me.

I'm just commenting on how a lot of people talk a lot of shit about Noruma, when Amano is pretty generic, with a very unappealing art style imo.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Okay, but just for the record, reading my sentence now it sounds much more abrasive than I intended it to be. I just meant to be talking to you, not seething :monster:

Anyway, I agree, I always wonder when people call for Amano because Nomura's guys look feminine. They may, but not NEARLY as feminine as Amano's. Just look at the concept art of Cloud.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Amano's men typically look just like women to me.

But usually people call for Amano because they claim he's more original with his designs, and I painfully disagree.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
He's more original with his art style, that's for sure. Not necessarily with his designs. Though personally, I have to say that I prefer a more common manga drawing style.

And yes, green-haired Terra looks hotter. Bare legs = <3

OneWingedDemon

NOT AMUSED
Amano's style may be different, but his designs aren't as "original" as fans claim. I do think he has more variety than Nomura in thsi area though, still. I mean, Amano has some beautiful illustrations, but I wouldn't call him for chara designs. Although he's kinda like FF tradition now.

And Nomura needs to stop adding zippers, buckles and half skirts to everyone. Jesus, dude, give it a rest. It's like his characters go through each other's closets.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
Eh, I think Amano has a prettier art style, but his characters hardly translate well into in-game graphics. At times the in-game and the original designs look very different.

eg. This vs This vs This vs This

For that I'd say Nomura's designs work better, since you can easily recognize them in character arts vs. in game.

Personally, I like the dude who did the Ivalice games, though he's not really a favourite of mine either.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=OneWingedDemon link=topic=148.msg3014#msg3014 date=1229800427]

And Nomura needs to stop adding zippers, buckles and half skirts to everyone. Jesus, dude, give it a rest. It's like his characters go through each other's closets.
[/quote]

Zippers and belts lol.

I dunno, I always saw amano's art style as pretty awful, it just doesn't look good to me at all.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
I don't have any problem with accessorizing, it's the art itself which I find completely unappealing.

These days? I disliked his art way back in the snes days tbh.

Top Bottom