Dissidia theory

Starling

Pro Adventurer
I've been meaning to share this theory for a while but didn't get around to it until now.

So, the basic premise of Dissidia is that Chaos and Cosmos took a bunch of people from various FF worlds connected through the rift to fight for them right? Now, what if that works like summons? By that, I mean rather than taking all the characters, body and all from their respective worlds, only their spirits, so to speak were taken and given their usual appearance by Chaos or Cosmos once summoned.

This can be a way of explaining:

1. Why the actual summons basically function as buffs and debuffs instead of actually showing up.
  2. Why characters don't necessarily have the same abilities or use them the same way as they would in the world they're from.
  3. Why they fade into darkness or light depending on their side upon death
  4. Why they may end up with different outfits between cycles
  5. Why they can be revived in subsequent cycles after death
  6. Why they're at risk of disappearing without the power of Chaos or Cosmos, as shown when Cosmos dies
  7. How Chaos killed Cloud with no effort whatsoever after seemingly getting worn out by their fight up until then

It's been a while since I've done anything involving Dissidia so I may be rusty on some details. What do you think?

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
1. That doesn't explain why Gilgamesh shows up as both a summon AND a character.
2. Fighting games shouldn't apply to lore itself or even move lists in terms of story unless an actual technique is discussed, which hasn't happened in most FF games if not all.
3. This didn't happen to Gabranth or Prishe or Shantotto, they just escaped more or less. Not to mention Cloud and Tidus supposedly switched sides.
4. Outfits have nothing to do with nothing...
5. That was more Shinryu's power than Chaos or Cosmos.
6. Cosmos didn't die she transferred her "self" in to the Crystals, that's why she came back later.
7. Chaos was bombarded with memories of World A and other worlds that Shinryu had visited from the rift. It had nothing to do with his power.

Starling

Pro Adventurer
The theory was meant more for fun and an alternate look at things than claiming that's absolutely how it is in canon.

1. Gilgamesh is kinda his own thing and is said to end up in various places through interdimensional travel, like how the manikins ended up there.

2. I wanted to try to tie the gameplay and story together, which is something I find fun to do when I come up with a way to do it.

3. Jecht gave Tidus Cosmos's power to keep him from dying. Terra and Cloud switched because Cosmos decided to have them on her side in the next cycle. Considering what got them killed, I doubt Chaos would've wanted them back on his. As for Gabranth, Prishe and Shantotto, I don't recall any mention of the way they escaped the cycles but the fact that they did means they obviously found a way to no longer be bound by them. Gabranth and Shantotto are still stuck in world B in any case.

4. I mostly brought up the outfits because of the differences between the cycles, such as Cloud's outfit.

5. I figure when someone dies during the cycles, they're in some kind of limbo state. Sinryu takes what he wants out of it and decides whether or not they can be brought back but it's still Chaos and Cosmos's power that actually bring them back. I'd think the whole summon thing would make that process a whole lot easier.

6. I'm pretty sure the crystals containing Cosmos's power were said to be the reason they didn't disappear immediately. I'd still count that as dying though.

7. I'm not sure how your point about Chaos relates to mine.

Top Bottom