• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Distant Worlds NJ

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
Okay, the whole point of me asking for this section was to make this thread. :monster:

Who is going to Distant Worlds over Kupocon weekend in New Jersey?

Who has already bought their ticket?

Who has not already bought their ticket?

Where are you sitting?

Where would you like to sit?

It would be nice to have at least a few of us sitting together. :3

I have not bought my ticket yet. There's still a lot of seats open last time I checked.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
SERIOUSLY?

ONE IN NJ?!

I moved from New Jersey to Florida over a year ago now... and then the state decides to start hosting the list of events I would like to attend... smh.

If I still lived in NJ I'd 99% be going to this.

RedFFWolf

Donator
I'm still not sure yet if I'm going or not. I mean, there's little to no reason why I shouldn't, but there are a couple of things giving me hesitation. They're all pretty small though, so I reckon I will in the end; just not making any declaration/commitment as of yet :)

RedFFWolf

Donator
Ah, fellow broke people (okay, I'm not totally broke, but being able to say I'm a part-time minimum wage worker lends me weight :monster:)! There are two tickets up for grabs just by asking Nobuo Uematsu, Arnie Roth or Susan Calloway a question over here. Honestly, there's a good chance to win when you consider the number of replies so far. And you could even have your question answered by one of these legends, so that's most definitely something too - not trying to spam or anything; this honestly could be the way to get tickets.

Actually, considering the tickets up for grabs are for the afternoon show (3pm), this raises the question of what showing people are hoping to go to: the afternoon or the evening (8pm)?

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I think we were planning for the later show. I know that's the show Lith bought tickets for

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Ok how many of us are going to Distant Worlds and where do you want to sit considering money? Cause really I'll sit anywhere except arena.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
When did you get your meet and greet passes if you don't mind me asking? When I bought my ticket shortly after they went on sale all of the meet and greets were sold out!

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
We got ours uhhhh like back around when tickets originally went on sale. They were sold out already for the 3 p.m. show, hence the 8 oclock tickets.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Anyone else going to KupoCon buy their Distant Worlds tickets yet?

I'm mostly looking at you, Tenny. :watchingu:

On another note, and I'm totally stoked to post this in case ya'll haven't heard yet, but Distant Worlds has added Apocalypsis Noctis to all of their upcoming concerts.

Because while some of us have mixed feelings about XV, you cannot deny that this song isn't BOMB as hell. :awesome:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
That's not just similar, that's one or two notes off from being identical.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
Yeah I've never been able to not hear it either, haha.

I'd have preferred the waltz-y one, myself. That always gets stuck in my head.

Last edited:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
That's not just similar, that's one or two notes off from being identical.

It's a bit more I think, I guess it tries to be a little more complex / have a somewhat longer melody, but still. I think I've heard something similar in another game. Very annoying.

About as annoying as having heard the Morrowind sound effects for doors opening and the wind a lot, then hearing it in every movie and TV show ever since. grr.

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
Hey so who all is flying into JFK?

I know Carly and Lith annnnd Ami?

Let me know what day and time y'all land if you want a free ride outta there. Like I said before, the AirTran is ridiculously expensive and it's much easier to just get a ride from me. I have an SUV with a good amount of cargo space and 3rd row seating if that's needed.

I'm not trying to inject myself into anyone's plans or anything and I'm sorry if I am. >.>
Just offering, ^^;

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Carly and I are flying into JFK on the 23rd around noon-ish, and I have a friend's apartment lined up for us to stay at. I know we definitely wouldn't mind a ride, and I'd give you some money for gas and shit. The apartment is in NYC/Manhattan area, so I don't know how you'd feel driving into all that craziness.

Cait Sith

Ugh! As if!
AKA
noxy
I can make that magic happen!

Not technically allowed to drive in Manhattan, but I drove to Harlem one or two times and I was totes cool, so there's that lelz

Don't even worry about gas money, just pay for my parking.

No fr though, I live so close to JFK that I can pick you up. We can drop my car off at my place, and you guys can jet off on the A Train. It's a straight shot to Fulton Street from my stop and it's honestly not losing you any time. The A from my place is 2 stops away from JFK, but to use the AirTran to get to the A (which you WILL have to do, unless you wanna plunk the cash for a cab or get a ride from me), will take you like 20 minutes to get to and cost you like $25 per person. And then you gotta pay the regular Metro fare on top of that, which has gone up to like $2.75.

I can drive either way. My feyonce is calling out the day of DW and Kupocon... I don't know if we're taking the train or driving though yet. We're defo getting a hotel room though cuz it's my birthday.

Let's get fucked up.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm good with getting picked up from the airport, spending less money, and hanging out.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
No fr though, I live so close to JFK that I can pick you up. We can drop my car off at my place, and you guys can jet off on the A Train. It's a straight shot to Fulton Street from my stop and it's honestly not losing you any time. The A from my place is 2 stops away from JFK, but to use the AirTran to get to the A (which you WILL have to do, unless you wanna plunk the cash for a cab or get a ride from me), will take you like 20 minutes to get to and cost you like $25 per person. And then you gotta pay the regular Metro fare on top of that, which has gone up to like $2.75.

I've taken Uber before when we spent almost a week in Dallas, do you know if they work pretty good in the city at all? I know Uber has been cheaper than a cab on a few occasions for me. I'm just considering all options; I don't want to depend on you all the time or keep all my kuponuts in one basket. :D

Top Bottom