DLC

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
To many these three letters represent a sudden pit of deep fear and anxiety, of content withdrawn behind paywalls and to get as much money from a player as possible, whilst to others, it represents the joy of additional content to keep a pleasant experience going just that little bit longer. Whatever your take on DLC, let's start the discussion on what you expect, or would absolutely crucify the company for, in its inclusion, as I have no doubt that it will be included within the Remake in some shape or form.

What would you expect from DLC? Do you think it should stop at new weapons and Materia? Or do you think they need to go much further - new dungeons and sidequests? What about clothing and special outfits? Unlocked within the game, or paid for?

Would you care if there were DLC weapons with max stats and quadruple Materia growth? Would you pay for new Materia?

Would you enjoy the implementation of an online leaderboard for the Battle Arena? Would you pay for additional Arena content, or new Gold Saucer mini games?

What would you think if Yuffie and Vincent were locked as DLC characters?

Would you accept an Aerith revival if it was DLC? Enabling those who want to play as her to do so, whilst others who think that the monumental impact of her death shouldn't be touched with, to keep it as such?

What are your thoughts?

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
DLC for Gold Saucer attractions (like they were supposed to do with FFXIII-2 and never did, minus the Card Tables with Sazh's story, which to be fair were pretty fun) would be pretty cool and might be legitimately worth the cost since you'd be getting a new game so to speak.

If there is DLC we can expect the usual falderal we saw with Lightning Returns and XIII-2. Costumes, equipment, minor bonus content. Beyond the GS DLC I don't know that I would really want any bonus DLC and I feel that relying to heavily on it would be the kiss of death.

This remake has reached levels of sacredness with the fans that few religions can muster, they'd better take this damned thing seriously.

Keveh Kins

Pun Enthusiast
I'd like to see DLC missions ala Crisis Core. Only with the missions focusing on AVALANCHE. Like, Jessie and Biggs acquiring the keycodes for the Mako Reactor or recon missions or whatever.

Alternatively, challenge maps like Dirge's would also be cool :monster: Leaderboards be a must. I want to watch Lex obliterating them in seconds as he does with Rayman :monster:

Flintlock

Pro Adventurer
I would hope that everything that was in the original game is included from day one. If they want to add extra content, perhaps based on the Compilation, that would be a prime candidate for DLC. I would probably skip it but I'm sure others would enjoy it.

Splintered

unsavory tart
1. Cloud's wallstreet dress a permanent costume change.

2. I want to see Avalanche pre-Cloud. I want more Barret story.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
I can't imagine them not giving us an opportunity to put Cloud in Lightning's outfit.

AerithLives

Pro Adventurer
I personally see Final Fantasy 7 as religion status, and DLC is blasphemy. I despise DLC these days, buying a game, only to find you have bought 70% of it and have to pay extra for the rest.

However, if it is just light hearted things as stated above, such as golden saucer rides, perhaps costumes (especially Cloud in that dress as the permanent fixture) then why not!

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I personally see Final Fantasy 7 as religion status, and DLC is blasphemy.

This. :monster:
I loathe the idea of DLC. I'm 100% positive that there will be some special edition console or packaging that I will HAVE to buy, and that it's going to cost me a pretty penny without DLC. :closedmonster:

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I don't know anyone would loathe the idea of DLC. The idea is freaking amazing. It's only the by and large implementation that people should have a problem with.

Thus far, though, Square hasn't really been guilty of any particularly egregious abuses. Their stuff has been overpriced, I suppose, but it has still mostly been incidentals, not locking away entire chapters of the game a la Ubisoft or something.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
The only DLC I'd want are costumes and other facilities like Chocobo racing, them bitches need to give us a full game cos I ain't eating a burger without the patty, veg and sauce.

ultima espio

Pro Adventurer
Costumes definitely. It would be awesome if they did one for "Classic Cloud" so he had his original appearance. Some of the Dissidia/Amano costumes would look nice as well.

New bosses for the Battle arena would be a bonus. Could be the first time we see Gilgamesh in FF7.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
It'd be nice to see Gilgamesh slicing his way into this world, my favourite video game crossover king.

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
I'm sure they'll do some sort of DLC, and how I feel will ultimately depends on what kind of DLC it would be. I have no problem at all with DLC developed post-launch, and cosmetic DLC is okay in my book (though I'd prefer those things to be included on the disc for free).

I could see them releasing additional scenarios focused on specific characters, perhaps even new characters, or using the DLC to bridge the game with other titles in the Compilation. A scenario about Denzel, a scenario about Avalanche, a scenario about Deep Ground, a scenario about Genesis, and so forth.

I could also see them adding minigames and features to the Golden Saucer, probably the most obvious being new battles for the colosseum. In the same light, new WEAPON battles would probably be pretty easy to implement.

That being said, I also expect this to herald more side projects, and probably a direct sequel. SE can't realistically devote this much time and money to develop just a single title. For as beloved as FFVII is, it's still in a niche game in a niche genre competing in a market where triple A titles like Assassin's Creed ship 10 million units in a year.

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
I hope there's costume DLC that let's you replace the character's fancy new models with their original PS1 models, just for giggles.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I hope there's costume DLC that let's you replace the character's fancy new models with their original PS1 models, just for giggles.

Dude, if that was a free DLC or like a pre-order bonus then yes, that would be hilariously awesome. Better yet, SD graphics, with HD jiggle physics.

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I'm not a fan of on-disc DLC. I think it's a cheap and shady business strategy. But I think DLC developed after the game is finished, to give you more things to do, is great. I myself recently bought all four DLC characters in SSB for WiiU.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes

Can I just say that this made me literally laugh out loud at work when I read it. That would be so cool.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Can I just say that this made me literally laugh out loud at work when I read it. That would be so cool.

And it's not that inconceivable. MGS5: Ground Zeroes let you unlock the original PS1 skin for Solid Snake. Of course Kojima likes to have fun, and I'm not sure I believe Squeenix will have the same mindset but God I hope they do.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
I wouldn't mind if they added some extra features like IDK, monster arenas or New Game + or bonus bosses (like FFX International) or an online VS mode or whatever, but DLC... only if it's optional and doesn't impact the story at all, like dresses for Cloud. Although that might actually impact one's perception of the story, :awesome:.

What they could do is sell a Revive Potion, only works on Aerith, :awesome:. Or a special cure potion that cures that one guy that are sick.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
All I want is closure to the Genesis Arc...

And maybe First Tsurugi.

55-

Probably Evan Townshend
I would loveee any new story content. I'd buy all that no matter what. Obviously would be disgusting if it was on-disc, but I'd love to see stuff continue rolling out after the game's release. Would be enormously thankful to be given some assurance that this one massive project won't be the end of our access to the FFVII universe.
I'd like to see anything that wouldn't fit into the story, but just lets you spend more time with characters. See their stories, or just their day-to-day life. I love the idea of like, showing us what Barret and Tifa were up to between their homes burning down, and starting new lives in Midgar. Heck, how did they even meet?
Also, just any love or attention being given to the books, is something I'm always in favor of. Maybe some On the Way to a Smile chapters? Might be difficult to incorporate gameplay into those, but idc personally.

Alnair

Lv. 1 Adventurer
I hate DLC with a passion and won't get it at all. I really hope there is no DLC in the remake. Everything should be on the disc. Just imagine Yuffie or Vincent only being accessible with DLC. That would be a nightmare!

If the remake HAD to have DLC, then it should be for useless weapons that only do 1HP damage.

And yes, I hate DLC that much.

Top Bottom