• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

DMC movie.

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
Yes, you read it right. As if we didn't have enough already.

Screen Gems has purchased feature film rights to Capcom's hit vidgame series "Devil May Cry," with the aim of kickstarting a new genre franchise. Kyle Ward has been hired to pen the script, which revolves around the character of Dante, who avenges his mother's murder by killing off demons.

Franchise was originally developed as the third installment of the "Resident Evil" games -- another Capcom property. But once the game's design started to deviate significantly from "Resident Evil's" style, Capcom decided to launch the title as an original property. "Devil" has sold more than 10 million copies worldwide.

Screen Gems' "Resident Evil" franchise became a global B.O. hit for the genre label, with more than $580 million in worldwide grosses collectively. "Devil" represents the next potential vidgame franchise adaptation for Screen Gems. There have been five games in the series since, with the latest, produced by Ninja Theory as a reboot, featuring a younger version of the Dante character.

Capcom has been eager to exploit "Devil May Cry" across other platforms including comicbooks, novels, an anime series and collectible statues and action figures. Digital Development Management brokered the deal on behalf of Capcom.

Ward recently penned the script for Universal's upcoming "Fiasco Heights." He is repped by CAA.

SOURCE.

Last edited:

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
then can we also anticipate a bayonetta movie?

Hisako

消えないひさ&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
idgi

If filmmakers can't properly adapt games with genuinely interesting storylines at their forefronts, what makes them think that they can adapt games with storylines that have been pretty vapid in terms of selling strength?

They should stick to anime.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Too bad the devil may cry anime is shit.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Who watches Hollywood? Because I'd like to strangle them for letting this madness happen.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
then can we also anticipate a bayonetta movie?
With Milia Jovovich starring as Bayonetta. And then there will be a DMC/Bayonetta crossover movie in which Dante!Milia will meet up with Bayonetta!Milia and jkahhjdnvsjknjhjhvbhbdbghbghgdgbgks

Last edited:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
Maybe this time they'll bother explaining how Nero is
Vergil's son

But I doubt it.

sigh

Elisa Maza

Whomst
Why the hell should this movie bother with the Dante-wannabe, anyway?

For some reason, I expect something like Dragon Ball: Evolution. EW.

AKA
L, Castiel, Scotty Mc Dickerson
Lemme guess, a long in depth discussion of how the fuck the timeline between sparta arriving on earth and his kids being born followed by a few angry demon scenes involving mama dante getting diced up then a big gay vampire impersonation followed by mug shots at the local PD?

This is just my assumption of plot but if anyone else has better ideas im all ears :P

Glaurung

Forgot the cutesy in my other pants. Sorry.
AKA
Mama Dragon
My prediction is that they are going to make a story on wich a young Dante makes a journey of self-discovery and all that jazz, on wich he will sport something resembling his trademark red trenchcoat and weapons on the last 30 minutes of the movie (predicting is very easy with Hollywood :monster: ).

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
So they'd be lifting the story from the first novel, then?

(which THEORETICALLY takes place prior to DMC1 - or 3, depending on how you look at it)

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
lol continuity, lol story

Top Bottom