• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Do you think that Cloud is closet bisexual?

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
I remember those characters too. Not surprising at all. I mean, the XIII Lightning saga is the most Final Fantasy has ever done in representing queer individuals in the series.

Next would be Type-0 since Seven is legit cool with getting a love confession from Sice and even blushed at it :mon:

And WoFF portrays Faris as more gender queer and comfortable presenting as male.

So yeah. Aside from those, it's all just speculative fandom subtext and stuff.

...Actually scratch that.

Kefka likes to crossdress and wear make up. :mon:

And I don't care what anyone says, Sorceress Adel in VIII is queer in some fucking way. Out of all the sorceresses seen in game, Adel's the only one ripped more than any male character in the game, flaunting their flat chizzled chest, and proud of it. Get the hell outta here, she's as gay as Laguna is directionally challenged.

As For Kuja, I'm pretty sure he's just effeminate and proud of his body. Maybe it's a Terran thing. :mon: But he literally only teases and pursues ladies, like Garnet. In fact he has a quote in Dissidia where he says something like he hates hot and sweaty guys the most, lol.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Machina's the type of partner that'll top in a heartbeat, beg for head and be up for sex 100% of the time. And be really good at it too!

...But the minute someone asks him for hand job or to switch, he'll have a headache or say he's got work to do. :mon:

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Faris is dope. Her characterization in Opera Omnia is also legit gender-expression-male. She seems not to care about pronouns or even her personal sense of gender identity (at least outwardly) even when she's no longer forced to present male for sundry weighty reasons. She was easily my favourite character in FFV and all of her recent appearances in crossover stuff has reinforced my admiration for her.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Faris is very awesome and her beginning gender ambiguity and preference of being more masculine and free rather than a feminine and confined princess was so cool in FFV. Likewise Bartz and Galuf being okay with it and not giving her grief whatsoever was wonderful. "Who cares? Faris is Faris!" I think was Bartz's reply, if I remember correctly. And that just succinctly sums up what it means to accept someone.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
My fanfic experience leaves me very reluctant to assume anything about a character's orientation. The thing about LGBT+ representation is that it isn't automatically visible in the way race or gender is, so unless it is brought up in the course of the story, it may very well go unnoticed, unless every character's two lines of dialogue include 'hi, my orientation is X'.

Personally, I'm not fond of close bonds automatically assumed to be romantic, as fandom so often does. They could be, and that's fine, but if 'cares about' is conflated with 'in love with' too often, the relationship usually becomes less interesting to me.

Clement Rage

Pro Adventurer
Y'know, I dug out my copy of Hallows and it looks like everyone may be giving rather a lot of weight to two months when D was 16 that ended in disaster.

When they parted, Ariana was dead and Gell had just used Crucio on Aberforth. Gell TORTURED (on purpose, because Unforgiveables don't work unless you mean them) his brother, it wasn't some mild misunderstanding or lovers spat. There's no real space for a relationship after that, not without making D look pretty reprehensible.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
It was only a few months?? I thought they were scheming together for years.

Flutflut

Rookie Adventurer
I always thought cloud and zack were the biggest yaoi bait... Cloud dreamed of sephy as more of a role-model. He was obsessed with sephiroth because he was a fanboy. Sephiroth was Cloud's real-life superman. Sephiroth was Cloud's ideal image of a hero. Besides, the reason cloud originally wanted to be stronger than everyone else was so Tifa would notice him.

ryuzaki007

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Cloud
Could he be? Sure.

But.

Fanfic shipping tends to take every strong relationship as romance. Personally I feel this kind of ends up diminishing the value of non romantic relationships. I'm not fond of Clack because it sets me wondering 'Would Zack have left Cloud to rot in Nibelheim if they hadn't been in love.'

Sometimes murderous hate is just murderous hate. Sometimes respect is just respect, and admiration isn't necessarily romantic. An ice pick to the face isn't necessarily a gesture of affection.

I think the dynamic almost always works better as a non romantic bond, be it L/Light, Sherlock/Watson, Reno/Rude, Squall/Seifer and so on.

I agree!

Top Bottom