Doctor Who!!~

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
A thread for discussing the adventures of the Doctor. Simples. :monster:

Whether the latest episode, or the classic series, any Dr Who based discussion is welcomed.

Am I the only one looking forward to Victory of the Daleks?
Union Flag Dalek FTW!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
Alex, Ashes, Pennywise, Bill Weasley, Jack's Smirking Revenge, Sterling Archer
Matt Smith is much better than I thought he'd be. Given how much of a hard act the Tenth Doctor was to follow he seems to be doing exceptionally well.

I thought the script from the last episode was a bit weak though, but I have high hopes for this series given that the Moff is writing it. He's always directed some of the best episodes of the new series (and I loved Jekyll, it was a criminally underrated miniseries)

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Victory of the Daleks... they say that it's gonna be a downer. Can't wait to find out why.

Also the weeping angels return!! get ready to go back to the past you fools!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
The Daleks have become a downer lately.

Because they're so boring and overused.

Matt Smith is competent enough as the Doctor that he doesn't need an 'old favourite' enemy in order to sucker in the popularity.

Alessa Gillespie

a letter to my future self
AKA
Sansa Stark, Sweet Bro, Feferi, tentacleTherapist, Nin, Aki, Catwoman, Shinjiro Aragaki, Terezi, Princess Bubblegum
Torchwood is better imo. :awesome:

Alex

alex is dead
AKA

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
Amy Pond is hot.

The Daleks seem to be non TW Daleks, and Moffat's at least being clever about things here. Granted, the second script was rather weak on reflection, but at least it doesn't make you go 'OH FUCKING COME ON!' like with some of the RTD scripts.

Also, No love for Coupling and Curse of Fatal Death?

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
The Daleks have become a downer lately.

Because they're so boring and overused.

Matt Smith is competent enough as the Doctor that he doesn't need an 'old favourite' enemy in order to sucker in the popularity.

I agree, I feel the daleks are way overused. They should just use another old favourite instead. I want Ice Warriors.

tbh I want Matt Smith to run into John Simm in later seasons. somewhere around Series 7 or 8 if he renews his contract. He is afterall slated for 2 series.

sheens

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sheens, Mooglet
I like Matt Smith. Amy Pond also has to be one of my favorite companions. I think it's her accent, and the background story of how the two met that makes me like her so much.

I'm rather tired of the Daleks. But I'll give the episode a chance. The trailer for it looks a tad exciting, even if it is meant to be a downer. I like war time stuff, so we'll see how it goes.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
ill miss tenant. but Karen Gillan has been helping me get over him.
karengillan.png

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Am I the only one disappointed with the redesign of the TARDIS? Too much like the RTD era one, IMO. Best TARDIS console ever was the one in the TV Movie with Paul McGann.

I'm looking forward to the episode tonight. Hopefully it'll be something new, or a return to classic Who Daleks. I really didn't like RTD's use of them in general (only Dalek and Army of Ghosts/Doomsday really captured how the Daleks would act, IMO).

EDIT - MOFFAT: "I can see you all smirking at the title, and thinking 'Oh, I bet it's not a victory.' Yeah? Do you think?"

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
All these exciting conclusions to the Daleks and more you will NOT see after this episode!

Here I am in a place that is Not-UK and only got to see the first episode of the new Doctor last night because am purist and do not watch on youtube etc...

I really liked him. I loved David Tennant, but he was beginning to get a bit too well-worn, a bit mannered. It was good than he moved on before he became a cariacature of himself. Matt Smith looks like he'll shape up well. Loved Amy Pond - what an English Rose.

I also watched a sort-of documentary about the history of Dr Who just before the main event, in which RTD (or maybe it was Moffatt) said 'this is a TV show set in all times and in all places, encompassing all genres... it's every other TV show rolled into one and it's all you need to watch.'

That said it all for me, since Dr Who is just about the only thing I actually remember to watch when it's on.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
NuNuDaleks are literally OldDaleks once again. I approve.
I also approve of the fact that they won. It happens too rarely for what the Daleks are.

Doctor is causing the cracks.
Time is absolutely fucked up.
I hope this doesn't get solved this season. Averted, perhaps, but not solved.

Last edited:

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
And let's hope they stay out of the radar for the rest of the series. Let em grow somewhere or some shit! I don't care!! Just don't come back again!!!

Alex

alex is dead
AKA
That Dalek episode went much better than expected. I enjoyed it. Matt Smith once again did a great job, etc.

Who else is hoping to see Omega turn up as the big bad at some point during Moffat's run? As many old enemies as possible would be the shit.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
I am. I can't wait to see what he'll do this time around. And I've been expecting him since The Master came out of 'retirement'.

What happened to his gf, Patience? did she go down with him?

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Over here in the US we just got to see the first ep of Matt Smith's Doctor over the weekend. I must say, I rather like the blatant madness that he flaunts about with and can't wait to see what's next.

Top Bottom