Higher Further Faster
*bump*

SORRY BUT THIS NEEDS ITS OWN POST.

2sb1gdf.png

ABOUT FREAKING TIME!!!!!!!

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
As some of you may have guessed, I've recently rewatched Battlefield, the Seventh Doctor serial. Arthurian tradition plays a large part in the episode, including the revelation that the Doctor was (or, from his perspective, will be) Merlin.

Got me thinking... the Hurt Doctor did something that made him not worthy of the name "the Doctor" any more. I wonder if he called himself Merlin at that point...?

Rassilon

Banned
AKA
Slade
Oooh! Me likes that line of thinking, mostly behind the irony that John Hurt would be Merlin. Seeing as he was the Great Dragon in the Merlin television series, lulz would be had!

I'm hoping they reveal a "power in names" theme in the anniversary.

Dawnbreaker

~The Other Side of Fear~
As some of you may have guessed, I've recently rewatched Battlefield, the Seventh Doctor serial. Arthurian tradition plays a large part in the episode, including the revelation that the Doctor was (or, from his perspective, will be) Merlin.

Got me thinking... the Hurt Doctor did something that made him not worthy of the name "the Doctor" any more. I wonder if he called himself Merlin at that point...?

OMG I so gotta see this. Wow, two of my favorite things...together as one?! This is like peanut butter cups, with less fat! xD

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
The Doctor being Merlin + Power in Names is awesome. That would be pretty great.

Now we know why The Doctor has been bumming around the universe for so long. HE'S WAITING FOR ARTHUR TO RETURN!!!

Oh and btw MY BOX SET FINALLY CAME, YES!!!! :yay:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
well fuck despite everything after watching that trailer i'm excited FUCK

also rose talking to john hurt confirms my headcanon that bad wolf!rose interfered in not just nine's timeline and this makes my liiiiiffeee

edit: i'm assuming that's bad wolf!rose anyways, because she's awfully monotonous and earlier in the trailer was doing the glowy eyeball thing

Mantichorus

"I've seen enough."
AKA
Kris; Mantichorus; Sam Vimes; Neku Sakuraba; Koki Kariya; Hazama; CuChulainn; Yu Narukami; Mewtwo; Rival Silver; Suicune; Kanata; Professor Oak; The Brigadier; VIII; The Engineer
Now we know why The Doctor has been bumming around the universe for so long. HE'S WAITING FOR ARTHUR TO RETURN!!!
ACE: What's wrong, Doctor?
(The Doctor removes Arthur's helm, and sand pours out. There is also a note.)
ANCELYN: Where is the King?
ACE: Doctor, this is for you.
DOCTOR: What does it say?
ACE: Dear Doctor. King died in final battle. Everything else propaganda.
DOCTOR: Who signed it?
ACE: The Doctor.
DOCTOR: Ah well, that sorts that out.

EDIT--
Also, I should point out a possible flaw in my "Hurt Doctor calls himself Merlin" musings... in Battlefield, the Doctor threatens to decapitate one of Morgaine's knights with his own sword (by hooking his umbrella around it and pulling it across the knight's throat) when he finds out Ace is in danger. While the knight is momentarily concerned, he grins and says "we know you of old, Merlin. You do not kill".

Last edited:

Dana Scully

Special Agent
AKA
YACCBS, Legato Bluesummers, Daenaerys Targaryen, Revy, Kate Beckett, Samantha Carter, Matsumoto Rangiku
ngl i'm really curious as to why rose is dressed like a homeless person

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
EXTENDED TRAILER!!!!!!

tumblr_mvzd31TVPP1rmf579o1_400.gif

THIS IS THE TRAILER THAT I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR.

tumblr_inline_mw119eE9mB1rsa4jg.gif

I don't think I even want to speculate anymore. I'm just going to wait patiently for the next two weeks and anticipate many Tennant/Smith shenanigans.

I'm not even worried about the plot anymore. Even if the story sucks I'm sure the two of them will be worth it. :monster:

EDIT:

tumblr_mw0k7rPSuk1s36i21o5_500.jpg

tumblr_mw0kaiQNF91shqrhlo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw0h6qgVAe1qc6h8io1_500.jpg

tumblr_mw0kaiQNF91shqrhlo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw0h6qgVAe1qc6h8io2_500.jpg

tumblr_mw0kaiQNF91shqrhlo5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mw0kaiQNF91shqrhlo6_1280.jpg

Must curb my enthusiasm now...

tumblr_inline_mw0mnhYenE1r2hcma.gif

Last edited:

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I was talking about the trailer last night with Carlie. What if the Rose we're seeing in the trailer is actually Bad Wolf? It wouldn't surprise me, but it'd be interesting to see BW again. Also, I absolutely cannot wait for David and Matt's first scene together!

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Pretty sure that is Bad Wolf considering her speech and the fact that she's talking to John Hurt's Doctor.

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I have been theorizing that it would be the Bad Wolf ever since it was announced that Billie was going to be in the 50th. It was mostly due to the plot of season seven (so don't read if you aren't that far) where we had
multiple Clara's scattered across time and space. I figured, why can't there be multiples of the BW, too? I like the idea of of the BW/TARDIS entity being able to project across the Doctor's Timeline. It seems more likely that she'd have the ability to do it more so than Clara. Maybe she was even behind the scenes playing a part in that as well.

The Bad Wolf existing both in one particular moment, but due to that one moment, is able to also simultaneously exist across all of time and space is rather awesome. It also makes sense that she/it would have the image of Rose since Rose was her host, so to speak.

So the question is, is this Rose in the 50th? Is it Rose able to see all of time and space just as she said she could in "The Parting of the Ways" which she promptly forgets after Nine saves her? Or is it the TARDIS speaking? Or did the Bad Wolf become something completely new and separate?

EDIT: Actually, maybe not exactly. I just realized the flaw in my theory.
The Great Intelligence was also able to spread himself across the Doctor's timeline. The Bad Wolf would not have been the one to do that. She exists to protect the Doctor. She wouldn't help someone who was trying to kill him.

Last edited:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias

The Article said:
Now Mr Coburn's son claims that the BBC has been in breach of copyright since his father's death in 1977. He has demanded that the corporation either stop using the Tardis in the show or pay his family for its every use since then.

He said: "It is by no means my wish to deprive legions of Doctor Who fans (of whom I was never one) of any aspect of their favourite children's programme. The only ends I wish to accomplish, by whatever lawful means present themselves, involve bringing about the public recognition that should by rights always have been his due ..."

... either stop using the Tardis in the show or pay his family for its every use since then.

"The only ends I wish to accomplish ... involve bringing about the public recognition that should by rights always have been his due ..."

... pay his family for its every use since then.

"... the public recognition that should by rights always have been his due ..."

... pay ...

"... public recognition ..."

Does not compute. Somebody is full of shit.

Dude just needs to shove off. Best case scenario for this putz, this was work-for-hire and the TARDIS belongs to the BBC anyway. Worst (and most likely) case for him, the verbal agreement his father gave counts as a binding contract by estoppel and no court would award damages on the basis of "His word no longer means anything since he's dead. But I think the world of him! And this is all for him! Really!"

Ami

Playing All The Stuff!
AKA
Amizon, Commander Shepard, Ellie, Rinoa Heartilly, Xena, Clara Oswald, Gamora, Lana Kane, Tifa Lockhart, Jodie Holmes, Chloe Price.
I'm not sure whether to facepalm or laugh until I pee about this. Or both. :monster:

Top Bottom