• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dragon Age Series

Lex

Administrator
I'd go in for a remaster but it's unlikely tbh. If they were interested in the remaster route we'd see Mass Effect first and they've already said it's not happening.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
There's a bit of history for it, Origins started production in 2002, long before EA came into the picture and it was simply Dragon Age at that time. The original idea was for it to be another game in the D&D universe like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights. But with the writers having come up with so many ideas that didn't fit the D&D universe, Bioware having to sell their D&D license to Atari, and their rumored problems with LucasArts. The company decided to move away from licensed games and focus on original content so Dragon Age was going to be their new pc fantasy RPG franchise. Fast forward to 2007 when EA buys Bioware and they want their games to come out on pc and consoles. And that's one of the first instances of EA screwing Bioware.

Last edited:

Random Nobody

local roach
All the classes have their merits.
I despise being a squishy spellcaster in anything and like high DPS, aggressive melee, so I was a dual-wielding rogue in all three (you can basically break the third game as a knight-enchantress and/or solo the entire thing as an archer tho).

Plus one for Inquisition, where you get that ridiculous grappling hook ability and can basically turn yourself into a fake vanguard (which, as we all know, is the best ME class).

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
So I'm in the mountains trying to enlist the aid of the dwarves, and of course they've got to be on the brink of civil war because they can't figure out who they want to be king.

I'm guessing I'll have to choose between the Prince and Lord and Harrowmont, so... what would be your best suggestion to go with?

Fangu

Great Old One
It doesn't really matter, there's no 'good' choice. That's the frustration/ beauty with this game :monster:

There's a tactical/ gameplay difference ofc but in the end they're not that different iirc. Also what's best also depends on your other choices, your party etc.

Yeah it doesn't really matter. Just pick one :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Lith did you go to Orzammar after Lothering? Because that's the last one you should do, it is the toughest and longest.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
King of the Potato People
I'm guessing I'll have to choose between the Prince and Lord and Harrowmont, so... what would be your best suggestion to go with?

Gameplay wise it doesn't really matter but...
I'd say the Prince.

Minor ending spoilers, (only click if you want to spoiler the epilogue for yourself)

He's a reformer (that does some good, loosens the rigid class restrictions etc) but became a bit of a dictator, abolishing the council and ruling alone.
The Lord is a isolationist, I forget the epilogue exactly but he ends trade with the surface and I didn't like that ending.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Lith did you go to Orzammar after Lothering? Because that's the last one you should do, it is the toughest and longest.

Um... I think I went to the Circle after Lothering, because I was in the Fade for fucking hours until I looked at a walkthrough... and I went to Ostagar to find all of King Cailan's shit... I went to see the Dalish next and did that whole werewolf subsquest shit... I also went to see Flemeth again, but she kicked my ass in dragon form, so I just decided not to go back there and opted for Orzammar instead.

Random Nobody

local roach
He's a reformer (that does some good, loosens the rigid class restrictions etc) but became a bit of a dictator, abolishing the council and ruling alone.
The Lord is a isolationist, I forget the epilogue exactly but he ends trade with the surface and I didn't like that ending.
But luckily it's the BioWare system of #choice and #consequences, so really it
means fuckall for the sequels. The exalted march on Orzammar was also retconned away entirely. So it's more or less an aesthetic decision.

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
But luckily it's the BioWare system of #choice and #consequences, so really it
means fuckall for the sequels. The exalted march on Orzammar was also retconned away entirely. So it's more or less an aesthetic decision.

^ I was going to argue that in Inquisition whoever you choose as leader of Orzammar is still in charge but I other than a couple of lines of dialogue there isn't any gameplay difference.

I think it comes down to your own perspective; whether you think the choices matter depends on how invested you are in the world/characters. The more you like or love these characters and want a happy ending for them the more you are going to feel that your choices matter, and want to feel that you made the right one.

But you're right, it is a aesthetic decision.
It's more the illusion of choice than actual choice.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith
Well I said screw it to Orzammar for a while and went to Redcliffe, where I helped to defend a village from hordes of the the evil dead, and invaded a the castle all secret squirrel like... and now I have to decide whether or not I want to exorcise the little fuck that's been causing this or just end it quickly and give him the shank.

Curse me and my bleeding heart. I'm probably going to run off to the Circle to enlist their help to try and save him. >_>

Russell

.. ? ..
AKA
Can't you trade that kid's soul for sex?

I'm sure I did that once. Don't judge me; it was my Elven Mage Warden. She was the one on a mission to get down as many peoples pants as possible!

I think it was in DA: Origins. You have to be a mage and enter the fade yourself, you talk to the Desire demon and she agrees to leave for now (making everyone think you've won) but claims his soul later. In exchange the options are power, armour or lust or something like that. I'm I remembering that correctly? :huh:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
0dc.jpg

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
I have begun playing Dragon Age as part of my Year of 2017 - Games I Haven't Played But Needed To Marathon.

I have begun with a Male Human Noble Rogue named Greyhelm and his trusty hound Shearfang. I am stacking him in the roguish arts of Dexterity and Cunning and am trying to talk my way out of as many things as possible. He's also a womanizer because Rogue.

I plan to at the very least try each Origin once but for now I'm playing with this guy. Also gonna romance Morrigan because hot hot hot. Yes she's not my usual type but I find Lelianna to be... irritating.

My favorite moment so far (I just got past Lothering) was getting stopped by the Highwaymen, intimidating them against robbing us, persuading them to donate their stolen funds to us and then intimidating them to get the hell out of dodge. This is why I love speech-heavy characters.

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
I have begun playing Dragon Age as part of my Year of 2017 - Games I Haven't Played But Needed To Marathon.

I have begun with a Male Human Noble Rogue named Greyhelm and his trusty hound Shearfang. I am stacking him in the roguish arts of Dexterity and Cunning and am trying to talk my way out of as many things as possible. He's also a womanizer because Rogue.

I plan to at the very least try each Origin once but for now I'm playing with this guy. Also gonna romance Morrigan because hot hot hot. Yes she's not my usual type but I find Lelianna to be... irritating.

My favorite moment so far (I just got past Lothering) was getting stopped by the Highwaymen, intimidating them against robbing us, persuading them to donate their stolen funds to us and then intimidating them to get the hell out of dodge. This is why I love speech-heavy characters.
I would say wait on your romance choices until you get a bit further into the game to determine whether or not that person still annoys you. (hint: probably not)

also, if ANY OF YOU have the Stone Prisoner DLC, I would highly recommend that you begin that (the quest starts someplace called Sulcher's Pass), as it
gives you a new party member as well
, which you may find useful

the Warden's Keep DLC (was that what it was called?) is also handy because the end of it gives you a chest to store your shit in (see also: inventory space)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Just finished my first playthrough. Spoiler-free review (in case you didn't see it on my FB page) here:

Dragon Age: Origins

As far as how my ending went. I was only Level 20 at the end. I forgot to kill the High Dragon on top of the Ruined Fortress near the Urn of Andraste which affected that ending epilogue. Otherwise here are the choices I made:

Redcliff: Killed Isolde to save the boy

Ruined Fortress: Protected the Urn of Andraste

Circle Tower: Sided with the Mages

Orzammar: As I put it, Harrowmont is Hillary Clinton and Bhelen is Trump. I supported Harrowmont.

Brecilian Forest: Sided with the Dalish but in the "best" way where both the Lady and Zathrian perish

The Landsmeet: Fuck Anora Forever. She betrayed me once, so I refused to support her bid to be queen, but I failed to properly harden Alistair to the idea of being king so I ended up with kind of a wishy-washy sequence from here on out. I regret not delving into him a bit more to take the proper steps, but by the end Anora's betrayal pissed me the player off and I took that to mean that it also pissed off my character and hardened him into a revenge driven killing machine (apart from whole killing Rendon Howe while promising to murder his family) .

So since I failed to back Anora, she betrayed me a SECOND FUCKING TIME, FUCK YOU BITCH. But I got most of the nobles on my side. Fight broke out and then rather than giving a chance for Loghain to redeem himself in the Grey Wardens (which I wasn't keen on anyways) I chose to execute him - and I kid you not, I did this just to hurt Anora. She really pissed off my character.

Unfortunately since I didn't want to have a demon baby with Morrigan she left me. It's an appropriately depressing ending to that relationship and good for the story of my stalwart hero who sunk into the depths of rage at the end of his story. Matters aren't helped when I let Alistair commit the ultimate sacrifice in the end which I only did because by this time I knew that if I let him lead the kingdom he would be a disaster. Which means in the ending I had to smile politely as Anora said all those nice things to me and took her throne. Well... I headcanoned it to say she was probably killed by a darkspawn after.

So yeah, that's everything. My next character is going to be an evil dwarvish prick who is going to do the opposite of what I did.

[/spoiler]

Top Bottom