• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

Dragon Age Series

Lex

Administrator
This is what I love about Dragon Age though, there aren't really any happy endings.

In my original playthrough I had Alistair and Anora become king and queen but I can't actually remember what I did with Loghain - I know I didn't "unlock" him as the secret character because I hated him.

On my "canon" playthrough I did the same but had Loghain a grey warden, and this is rewarded so much in Inquisition.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Jason said:
My next character is going to be an evil dwarvish prick who is going to do the opposite of what I did.

The beauty of Dragon Age is that you can do the opposite of everything you did in this first playthrough and you still won't be a downright evil character. :monster: There's so many options that are in the grey area.

The thing with Loghain for example, showing him mercy and letting him become a Grey Warden (this was actually what I wanted to do my first playthrough but my lover, Alistair, went batshit crazy so i re-did it >.>) could be considered the morally good choice out of them all.
As well as other options with the Dalish and Werewolves, the Dwarves, and so on.

I'm playing Inquisition now and am having loads of fun. Curious to see where this story goes and what options I continue to take. :D

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
Orzammar: As I put it, Harrowmont is Hillary Clinton and Bhelen is Trump. I supported Harrowmont.

You're way off with that comparison.

Admittedly I have only seen things from a few sides now but

I'm not talking about politics, but archetypes and manner of dealings.

Harrowmont seems to want to stick to "traditional" ways, people saying he's stuck on the status quo. Yeah admittedly that's a more rightist position than the HRC, but when I think of the words "status quo" I think HRC.

Bhelen, assumed from my first playthrough and confirmed from my Dwarf Noble origins, is a power hungry prick and outright evil bastard. Hence the Trump. Edit: Now I did hear some people about how Bhelen wanted to change things, mix things up and abolish the castes, so maybe that's where I'm off it, but still he's an indirect kinslayer.

But then this is Dragon Age so I'm sure both of them have their good reasons for being this way. I imagine when I inevitably back Bhelen AS my Dwarf Noble (imagine that bit of fun) I'll get some sob story from him and will make up with him and then immediate approval followed by sloppy dwarf incest.

I... went too far with that didn't I? :monster:

Edit: To the Kimble

You know Zathrian created the curse right? And the only way to remove the curse was for him to sacrifice his life which he and the Lady both did willingly to save the people afflicted. I mean it's not really a matter of morals at that point but sheer pragmatism. Two people die, every one else is cured.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
m o n s t e r

btw he's the only one that has to do it - the lady doesn't

Well I've done Brec forest twice now, even offered to slaughter the dalish with my evil character (no dice, Cunning too low). And the option never came up to only axe the elf.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Not sure how far I am into Inquisition, but damn, the amount of exploration you can do in this game is insane. I'm having a lot of fun though :wacky: The story is good so far,
I'm at Skyhold now and am supposed to stop the assassination of the empress next.... I think :monster: I'm also romancing Cullen because, why not, he's hot and I like how he starts off a bit awkward but then gets confident :awesome:
My character is a human female, though I was pretty close to picking a Qunari because why not. :awesome: Probably would have pretty unique dialogue.

Anyhow, here's my impressions on the characters. I like several of them, though I'll say that none of them quite grab my heart like the companions in Mass Effect.
Cassandra: I quite like her, wasn't sure how much I'd like her at first but she's pretty great. Nice accent; I flirted with her a bit and she totally blew me off and my character laughed about it. :D Her character is fairly strong, but she gets vulnerable at times. She's pretty adorable.

Varric: He's decent, I think my character likes him more than I do, like they get along pretty well and he seems like a supportive friend. But tbh he's kinda...background. :monster: I hear he's better in DA2.

Solas: Okay I'll be honest, I like him more than I thought I would. I find myself enjoying chatting with him about spirits and shit. :lol: I do like the conversations and his grey mentality. It's like talking to someone about a topic that no one else really cares to understand, yet he does and he has a different viewpoint, so it's fun. If I was an elf he'd probably have a thing for me, he approves of my actions so often. :monster: But he is mysterious, I mean knowing about Skyhold and stuff, and some of the things he says.

Dorian: I fucking love Dorian. XD His sense of humor, general personality, looks :awesome: I flirt with him allllll the time. We have this... I dunno, really close bond going. He's my bro, I would bring someone I'm going to marry to meet him to see what he says :monster: I also did his quest with meeting his father.
I stayed in the bar as they chatted, but I get the impression his father tried to use blood magic to change his sexuality? That's my feeling. After hearing that, I got kinda pissed and told him we should leave and we did.
Dorian is definitely one of my favorite characters. He feels very real to me.

Sera: She's hilarious, I enjoy hearing her chat. XD I feel like she could convince my character to do a lot of trouble making. :closedmonster: I like her a fair bit, flirted with her several times. Had the option to get involved but I had my eyes on Cullen more. (Though if Dorian was open to it I might've went for him too :wacky:)

Iron Bull: I like him, he's fun to have around and chat with. I feel like I don't get many new conversations with him yet though. But he's pretty entertaining, I like hearing him talk about the Qun and his people and his life.
I also love Krem. Headcanon is that he has a thing for Bull ever since Bull saved his life :awesome:

Vivienne: She's probably the companion I don't hang around with ever. :wacky: She's not bad, but she's just.... I just don't get along with her I suppose.

Cole: He's interesting. I like that he's some kind of spirit? He's got a mystery about him, I like chatting just to see how he might grow throughout the game.

Blackwall: I actually got him after finding Skyhold, so I know him the least so far. But I like him. Seems like a decent guy, always fun having a Warden around. Also, manly as fuck. :monster:

That's it so far; not sure if there's any more companions.

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Did I mention that the amount of exploration you can do in this game is insane? :closedmonster: How many areas open up for exploration?!

I've had to curb on some of my running around to advance actual quests. :lol:

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm a two-handed warrior. Tried both sword and shield and then two-handed weapons. Two-handed is pretty satisfying, I love the crushing blow ability :monster:

Last edited:

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
Okay I'm back on track in the story for Inquisition. Because if I don't finish this game now it's going to be forgotten the more I play Tactics. :wacky:

So I just did the Here Lies the Abyss mission. The one where you go into the Fade. Oh my god this Fade was actually fun to be in, I had extra companions, lots of dialogue, fun stuff to find and read, and it didn't last forever. :reptar:

As for my decisions:
I brought Solas, Blackwall, and Cassandra with me.
Blackwall seemed to convince some Wardens during the Nightmare summon to join with us instead.
In the Fade, Solas seemed pretty mesmerized and Cassandra got some dialogue with the Divine... spirit.... thing. Personal canon, I like to think that was part of the Divine, and part Spirit. Like a spirit that had watched her from behind the veil and at her death, they sort of merged in a sense.

While about to leave the Fade, I had to chose between Hawke or Stroud (I checked the wiki here to discover it could've been Alistair or Loghain as the warden accompanying you, which is pretty cool; would love to see these parts with them).
So I told Hawke to stay behind. Thought it might be interesting with the story choices; also, having not played DA2, I don't have a big emotional connection to her, so yeah. (Side note, it said 'Hawke will likely die'. The word likely is not lost on me, usually it says outright if someone will die, etc. Wondering if we see her again then.)

Out of the Fade, I decided to not exile the Wardens, because I'm nice like that. :monster: Next time I play I think I'll save Hawke and exile the Wardens.

That's all I can think of... oh, I also slept with Cullen :awesome:

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
I've started Dragon Age 2. I'm a decent way into Act I.

What I like so far:
- Kirkwall is a damned pretty city and easy enough to navigate.
- Characters, characters, characters. Top tier which I've come to expect. Aveline in particular is badass but I just met Merrill and she's so adorable, like a Welsh anime character.
- Speaking of Merrill, so far I like the redesign for the elves.
- Good lore, I like that I was able to import my DA:O save for whatever impact that has on the story.
- Combat is absolutely a huge improvement. More fast paced and engaging.
- Loved running into
Flemeth again to start with. That was awesome. Though her redesign is a little too Rita Repulsa for me.
- The dialogue icons help make some of the abiguous statements more clear, even if they are kind of locking you into various archetypes. I'm playing a Rogue so I chose to more often than not go "Humorous" / "Charming".

What I dislike:
- Kind of limited, I mean it's Kirkwall and the surrounding countryside. We visited three to four unique areas by this point in DA:O.
- Only human? Come on now...

Edit: It's supposed to be DA: O but because I didn't space it looks like DA:O and it's too funny so I'm not changing it back. It's like you gasp after hearing the word age, Frau Blucher style.

DRAGON AGE. (GASSSSSP)

Lex

Administrator
Push through JT, push through. The major weakness of II is that it feels limited because of the setting, but the story and characters are worth it IMO.

Carlie will explain why it's only set in Kirkwall. Something something was supposed to be an expansion something something EA's fault.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Oh I am Lex. Already on Act 2. It's totally worth the small setting for the tight story and character impact. I oddly feel like I have more impact on this city than I did on the world in DAO

Lex

Administrator
I did too, but that's probably because I played them both on console and DAO's gameplay is sluggish as fuck.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Carlie will explain why it's only set in Kirkwall. Something something was supposed to be an expansion something something EA's fault.

I has been summoned.

Short version it was supposed to be a spinoff but EA only gave Bioware 11 months to make DA2 so basically what you're playing is a beta.

Oh I am Lex. Already on Act 2. It's totally worth the small setting for the tight story and character impact. I oddly feel like I have more impact on this city than I did on the world in DAO

Agreed, that's because is a more personal story and you spend around 9 years there.

I enjoyed Dragon Age: 2 more than I did Origins. :monster: Come at me.

Then why did you tell Flare to skip it? :watchingu:

Joker

We have come to terms
AKA
Godot
did somebody say flemeth

because that is one hot old lady

(tbh it's mostly the voice but w/e)

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
My friend tells me Inquisition is insanely massive. According to him he spent around 30 hours in the starting forest because he didn't realize it was just the starting area.

Lex

Administrator
did somebody say flemeth

because that is one hot old lady

(tbh it's mostly the voice but w/e)

sometimes I just watch this video because I love her that much (beware the Inquisition spoilers tho without context they don't make much sense)

Top Bottom