Dragon Ball Super

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Episodes 125 and 126 were great. This arc has really been fantastic lately.

Did anyone else notice all the visual callbacks to moments from the Namek Saga involving Frieza in ep. 125? I think there were some callbacks to the showdown with Cell as well.

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
DVrW2UaUMAAEFNO.png

Guys I found a shiny Machop!

Ghost X

Post-Episode 129:
Doesn't seem like there is an episode this week, which probably makes sense, but the thought occurred to me in regards to this Goku and Jiren battle
Frieza hasn't been knocked out of the match, right? DUN DUN DUN.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Right. I wonder wtf will be up with that. Probably something lame like him sacrificing himself in the end or whatever.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Goku and Jiren knock each other out and Frieza claims the win
Uses Dragon Balls to wish something evil
Sets himself up as the true final villain with the showdown taking place in an upcoming movie

I mean probably

I'm only watching the english dub, so I've been stayign away from this thread, but I recently found a podcast you all may be interested in. It's called All Systems Goku, by 2 of the Giant Bomb guys. They're going through Kai 5 eps at a time, and it's interesting to see people who know almost nothing about the anime outside of whats generally known, get into it. Neither of them really like anime, and have actively shit on it as a whole numerous times.
Near the beginning, they go from 3 eps a show, to 5, because they don't want to stop watching. It's kindof a unique experience to see 2 guys in their 30's who dislike anime theorising about what will happen, and giddily laughing when discussing the comedy bits.

Ghost X

Episode 130:
Even the narration lies about the state of the situation. I'm still hoping for an evil Frieza win, but from the way that last episode ended, it almost seems like they're trying to redeem him

JechtShotMK9

The Sublimely Magnificent One
AKA
Kamiccolo9
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Fuck me I am too fucking hyped right now. That was the best this franchise has EVER looked, and that episode was perfect. FUCK!

I'm a grown-ass man, and I was cheering and clapping in my living room at 1 in the morning watching this. Next week can't come nearly soon enough.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
I think the fact everybody knew Goku wouldn't always be their clutch was a real nice tidbit of character development.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Oh lord, :monster:

Also yes it probably is; Black is the name or nickname of a character in d4rg0n3 b0l3 s00p4r.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
It definitely all kicked off with the stuff around Broly's voice actor, and then a big group of people were going to bat for him and VERY much hunting for things against everyone who spoke out against him, which seems to've definitely pried open a rats nest of accusations and misc inappropriate behaviour / quotes. The whole thing very much reeks of revenge, but at the same time I definitely don't want to pick sides or anything.

Really, I just want it to all boil down to allowing people to change, calling out their bad behaviour, and making sure that they're not continuing with anything that they've done if they're genuinely sorry for it and/or literally don't do that kind of thing anymore. I'm not big on retroactive justice of getting people fired.

It's heavily in-line with the US's already problematic position of punishment rather than apology and reformation. People all-too-often don't see apologies and reformation as an option because of how often they're used by egomaniacal or narcissistic people disingenuously – but that shouldn't mean that everyone who is ashamed of something that they've done still needs to be punished for it no matter what.

Personally, I think that it's a relic of western-Christian "sins for atonement" stuff that's just etched into the social culture in a really toxic sort of way that's just getting exacerbated by the way that modern justice oftentimes circumvents the often distrusted and corrupt legal process in favor of public calling out.

X :neo:

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
This thread's name is amazing.

I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about a continuation yet. Not that I'm in any rush to see Dragon Ball's good name get dragonballged through the mud any further.

Top Bottom