Dragonball Z: Fukkatsu No F (2015 DBZ movie)

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Just found about this.

Hm. Shouldn't Goku's son's daughter's left pinky finger be stronger than Frieza/Freeza/whateverthe'Muricanversionspellshisname by now? :P

I haven't actually seen the previous one yet.

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
I still need to see the previous one, but this sounds like worth seeing as well.

I hope the whole movie is the good guys trying -- and failing -- to stop Freezer's revivial, only for him to come back at exactly the power level he wss when he died. He's then promptly executed by Trunks all over again, and everyone goes home.

Ghost X

Having seen the previous movie, I'm curious as to where they'll go with this one. Hopefully Frieza comes up with newer powerful forms or something :P.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Genuinely interested in this. DBZ, like many an anime, has got out of control with power levels/transformations/etc. This usually means that previous villains are viewed as weak in comparison to the hero, diminishing their impact over time.

Frieza was easily the best villain of the Dragon Ball universe. Of all the enemies that could have been resurrected for another shot of relevance, this is the one that'll resonate most with the fans.

Ghost X

^Also a valid point. If they manage to make a good movie without anyone learning a new power, and just simply developing character instead, it'd be great.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
So, I like Frieza a lot. He's perhaps the best villain in DBZ. I didn't always like him, but after seeing his portrayal in Kai, followed by reading the manga, he grew on me a lot. If you ask me Frieza's treatment post Namek has been really bad and underwhelming both in and out of canon. So I'm glad to see that he'll get another chance to shine.

But what exactly is he supposed to do once he's revived? Goku in base should be able to beat Frieza without any difficulty. Gohan, Picollo, and 18 should be able to one shot him without effort. Hell, Krillin and Tien could probably kill him, though not without considerable difficulty.

Point is, Frieza is gonna have to do a hell of a lot more than simply come back to life if he plans to have any impact.

That said, I have high hopes for this movie. Hopefully we can get a more dramatic story than Battle of Gods provided since we'll have an antagonist who already has a history with several members of the main cast.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
Wouldn't it be interesting if part of the resurrection also granted Frieza's previous grand desire for immortality. I don't know if it's something that would happen, but it would be interesting to see what happens when the Z fighters actually encounter an immortal foe who, power level or no, is still capable of destroying entire planets with relative ease.

There's definitely potential here.

Kuja9001

Ooooh Salty!
AKA
roxas9001, Krat0s9001, DarkSlayerZero
My favorite villain is being made relevant again. Frieza is the truly the only effective villain to me besides Future 17/18 and first form Cell.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Well i havent kept up with DB in many years but if I recall correctly dont people go to the after life and continue to train and become significantly stronger afterward?

He's been dead a long time and stuck in a dimension surrounded by the universes strongest, greatest and worst through out history. I'm pretty sure he wont be at the same power as he was when he died.

Right?

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Eh, I don't think it works that way for the Cold family. That's why Freezer wanted the Saiyans dead -- they can grow in power through training as rapidly as dogs can reinforce traits through breeding.

In other news, I never quite understood why Freezer is the most popular villain of the series. Cell was always the biggest bad to me.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Well i havent kept up with DB in many years but if I recall correctly dont people go to the after life and continue to train and become significantly stronger afterward?

Only if they keep their bodies though, which was a special reward for the likes of Goku.

Joe

I KEEP MY IDEALS
AKA
Joe, Arcana
In other news, I never quite understood why Freezer is the most popular villain of the series. Cell was always the biggest bad to me.
I thought Cell was kind of a stupid villain, personally. I liked him all through his development up to his final form and then it went stale. He had no major intentions and on multiple occasions didn't kill the protagonists when he could, out of fanfare.

Frieza was a villain with legitimate goals, strengths, weaknesses and fears. He felt like a complete character, not a scary face attached to a power level.
Frieza's fear of the saiyans and desperation easily puts him on the top spot as it's downright relevant to the plot.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
As much as I love Cell and that storyline (my favorite moment of the series is 16 dying and Gohan goes Super Sayan 2), he's just not as interesting of a villain as Frieza. He throws a tournament to beat the Z fighters, Frieza would've just blown up the planet.

Last edited:

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Boo saga is best saga. :awesome:

Anyway, gonna import Battle of Gods from the UK.

I'm ready to get back into DBZ. :neo:

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Buu is a silly extra in that Gods movie, he's Protector of Pudding. I just watched it, it's basically about Japanese food and sleeping, :/. Based on that, this movie will be like this:

* Frieza / Freeza / whatever gets wished back
* Goes to earth
* Threatens to destroy it
* Plays golf
* Bit of slapping around
* "ok you're pretty good"
* goes home
* end

I like the Buu saga :'( That could be because I really love putty-like creatures, like Clayface from Batman.
Not a big fan of fat buu, but his other forms are just so delightfully insane. They're fun to watch. And while there was alot of stuff going on, it was refreshing to see them have multiple plans to try and win, rather than stalling for Goku/Gohan to show up and kick ass.

Xelazander

sunglasses at night
AKA
alexx
*BUU MAKE YOU CANDY AND EAT YOU*

I liked Battle of the Gods but it didn't feel like a movie, not enough story. Looking forward to this though

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
So, thats cool and all, but did they really just show Gohan turning into a super saiyan again? They did this shit in the battle of gods trailer as well. Come on guys, Gohan's past that shit, and he has been for a while. Its ok, the fanbase won't be terribly confused if you don't show Gohan using a transformation that he outgrew.

Top Bottom