Dragonball Z Kai to end after the Cell Saga

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Whelp, that was all a monumental waste of time.

So apparently it'll end at 99 episodes. And just stop.

So much for this being a truer adaption of the manga series for fans! It ain't even fuckin' done.

I feel sad for the poor fuckers who bought the DVDs/Blu-Ray or relied on it to get a look at the Dragonball series. I knew it'd be too good to be true.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
:wtfmonster:

Srsly, what the fuck?? The Cell Saga was awesome, but the Buu Saga was my favorite out of them all! Kid Buu is my favorite DBZ villain dammit :@! I wanted to see how DBZ-Kai turned out with the Buu Saga! :rage:

There is simply no image macro facepalm befitting enough to condemn this absolute fuckery >_>.

/huge fan of DBZ

~ Raz

Last edited:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Meh.

They should have done a proper remake to begin with.

Mariketsu

I Am the Darkness, I'm the Monster
AKA
Razael
But uhh, wtf.
I loved the Buu saga and its return to the more comical roots of DB. D<

^ THIS, this over 9000 times over! While I wasnt't a big fan of DB (tho I do respect it and seen parts of it), I loved the comedic edge of the Buu Saga as well, not to mention Kid Buu was bizarrely menacing as hell with being pink. Srsly, :sadpanda:.

~ Raz

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Me too. I'm sorry, but Kai has been a monumental waste of time, if they aren't even gonna fucking finish it. This isn't the way Dragonball was finished, and it doesn't line up with the manga at all.

They fucked up, and I think it was pretty shitty to pawn off the High Definition Blu-Rays and DVDs as definitive collections sans filler, as if they could replace or be equal to the Dragonbox collections too.

Those fans are gonna be pissed (mostly US ones) when they realize they won't get the full series. :monster:

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
Oh thank god they're ending it. Dragon Ball Z Kai sucked, the Namek saga was awful, they cut the whole trip from Earth to Namek and their theme song is stupid.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
DBZ Kai did suck, but shit. Don't start somethin' you never intend to finish. What a rip off. Fuck em.

Rei.K

Lv. 25 Adventurer
The only effect DBZKai had on me was to make me wanna watch the original version once again... I couldn't watch more than a few episodes because I missed the old musics too much. Also, censor is bad (Goku and Raditz dying from a bruise ? lol wtf).

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
Whoa whoa whoa! They're cancelling DBZ Kai? Thats just stupid. Kai was the best thing done with DBZ forever, finally getting rid of all that goddamn filler and more accurately representing the characters (especially Frieza) and now they just want to stop?

I'll still buy the dvds probably so I can at least have a solid representation of DBZ to a certain point, and without all the damn censorship in the nicktoons version. Seriously, anyone who thinks the nicktoons vesion is an accurate representation of Kai is plain fucking wrong. Period.

Hisako

&#28040;&#12360;&#12394;&#12356;&#12402;&#12373;&#
AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
Fat Majin Buu was like the most awesome villain and hero in existence imo

Not even joking.

Hisako

AKA
Satsu, BRIAN BLESSED, MIGHTY AND WISE Junpei Iori: Ace Detective, Maccaffrickstonson von Lichtenstafford Frabenschnaben, Polite Krogan, Robert Baratheon
There was some good filler here and there, like most of Goku vs Majin Vegeta.

I didn't realise the Majin Vegeta stuff was filler =O I actually thought that was quite an important segment for the beginning of the Buu Saga.

Lord Noctis

Harbinger of Darkness
AKA
Caius Ballad
I didn't realise the Majin Vegeta stuff was filler =O I actually thought that was quite an important segment for the beginning of the Buu Saga.

Majin Vegeta was in the manga, and he did fight Goku. But it was an extremely short fight, taking up only a couple of pages IIRC. 90% of their fight in the anime was in fact filler.

Hisako

AKA
Wait I haven't seen this in ages.

How many episodes did the fight go on for?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Garlic Jr is probably one of the best things to come out of Dragonball Z filler, imo :monster:

Along with the Goku vs. Majin Vegeta fight.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
The movie or the saga? Because if you mean the latter I may have to shove a Kamehameha up your ass.

Both. The Garlic Jr filler arc, while filler and kinda weird since it connected to a movie that didn't quite fit in canon, it was enjoyable, and gave some awesome fight scenes.

Celes Chere

Banned
AKA
Noctis
Fat Majin Buu was like the most awesome villain and hero in existence imo

Ugh, I hated him with a passion... extremely annoying.
Though that episode with the puppy was sad. D;

Top Bottom