• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Predictable shit is predictable.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=seattle link=topic=569.msg21715#msg21715 date=1235360655]
Of course not. He gained popularity through death.
[/quote]

More like through being the Joker.

You'd be surprised how many people had no idea he was dead until AFTER The Dark Knight was released.

Society sucks.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=569.msg21727#msg21727 date=1235363309]
lol wut? How could they not know that he was dead?
[/quote]

Some people just don't care, others don't watch the news, or E!.

Hell, My aunt didn't even know, and she was watching the news when it aired.

"What? THAT'S WHO DIED? What a shame."

Nocturne

Watching Thee From The Moon
AKA
Just Nocturne will do
Thing is, most people are glorified through their death, take James Brown for example, it's cool if you liked his music and all, but to act like he was a great person, thats completely far off. He was a womanzing drunk for the most part.

A

Great Old One
Although I think Heath Ledger played amazingly in The Dark Knight, I was really rooting for Robert Downey Jr. His performance I found was exceptionally good... though, of course, he's coming out with a new movie that's already generating Oscar buzz, so that's alright with me. :monster:

Tennyo

Higher Further Faster
I kind of feel the same way about Kurt Cobain. Sure I like Nirvana and all, but so many people play him up as some tragic hero when in truth he was a drug addict who committed suicide and left his wife and daughter alone. :/

A

Great Old One
The problem is though, people take it as taboo if you speak negatively of someone that dies <_< I'm not saying that Heath Ledger was a bad guy though.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
To be fair, Cobain was a drug addict mostly because he had a crippling stomach condition that routinely caused him unbearable pain. Also, something about Courtney Love irks me. His music is still overrated though.

seattle

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=Tennyo link=topic=569.msg21738#msg21738 date=1235365722]
I kind of feel the same way about Kurt Cobain. Sure I like Nirvana and all, but so many people play him up as some tragic hero when in truth he was a drug addict who committed suicide and left his wife and daughter alone. :/
[/quote]
Shame he didn't beat the wife, she was a whore.

And to be honest, people consider him to have reinvented a genre. So that's why.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
He didn't reinvent it so much as he brought it to a mass audience. Honestly he didn't do anything that the Pixies hadn't already done three years earlier.

seattle

Pro Adventurer
[quote author=V link=topic=569.msg21750#msg21750 date=1235367635]
He didn't reinvent it so much as he brought it to a mass audience. Honestly he didn't do anything that the Pixies hadn't already done three years earlier.
[/quote]
I actually agree with this.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Welcome to Club 28, Ledger. LAL

I thought Robert Downey Jr. Would also win for his Iron Man performance. sigh.

Top Bottom