• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

Purple

Charmed
well if it's suicide then up. if it's indeed an "accident" then probably down. if you believe such things.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
I've yet to see any evidence that we have consciousness distinct from our bodies :monster:

A

Great Old One
Well, no, I don't believe such things - just saying. :monster:
Which actually gave me an idea...

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
[quote author=V link=topic=569.msg21808#msg21808 date=1235376586]
I've yet to see any evidence that we have consciousness distinct from our bodies :monster:
[/quote]

I regularly visit the astral plane and have hot ninja sex with Yuffie.

Fact.

Existential question answered. :monster:

Purple

Charmed
[/quote] Well, yeah. Don't we all? :monster:

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=569.msg21810#msg21810 date=1235376725]
[/quote]
I regularly visit the astral plane and have hot ninja sex with Yuffie.

Fact.

Existential question answered. :monster:
[/quote]
Epic lulz.

[quote author=Purple link=topic=569.msg21811#msg21811 date=1235376748]
[/quote] Well, yeah. Don't we all? :monster:
[/quote]
As far as I've been able to ascertain, consciousness is a miracle resulting from the unimaginable complexity of our brains. But when our brain gets fucked up, there's really nothing to indicate that consciousness continues :monster:.

Purple

Charmed
I meant we have yet to see if consciousness does indeed continue after we have shuffled off this mortal coil or is distinct from our bodies

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
[quote author=Purple link=topic=569.msg21821#msg21821 date=1235377701]
I meant we have yet to see if consciousness does indeed continue after we have shuffled off this mortal coil or is distinct from our bodies
[/quote]Well yeah, the only people who could tell us for sure are dead :monster: I'm just saying that nothingness is the most likely answer.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
[quote author=V link=topic=569.msg21828#msg21828 date=1235378227]
[quote author=Purple link=topic=569.msg21821#msg21821 date=1235377701]
[/quote]Well yeah, the only people who could tell us for sure are dead :monster: I'm just saying that nothingness is the most likely answer.
[/quote]

I don't believe in Christianity, or whatever, but I highly doubt we amount to nothing when we die. The amount of evidence of the paranormal, that's becoming easier and easier to procure, seems to suggest otherwise.

All things considered, seems highly unlikely. But I'd bet good money on every religion on the planet being wrong.

Ⓐaron

AKA
The Man, V
I have no doubt that the experience of dying is unlike anything that's happened to us previously. However, I still see little to suggest that it's not a transient experience. Moreover, most of the 'evidence' of the paranormal that's been presented to me seems pretty dodgy.

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
While the existential discussion on what lies beyond death and faith is all very interesting and cool, we have a Religion discussion thread open now, so let's take that discussion there. No need to have two threads with the same subject being discussed right? :monster:

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=V link=topic=569.msg21842#msg21842 date=1235379321]
I have no doubt that the experience of dying is unlike anything that's happened to us previously. However, I still see little to suggest that it's not a transient experience. Moreover, most of the 'evidence' of the paranormal that's been presented to me seems pretty dodgy.
[/quote]

I don't see how it's anymore dodgy than a lot of the material presented forth by science that has no real evidence. Seriously, some of the stuff you come across can be pretty convincing.

Most of all, my little Jew friend, it's something that needs to be experienced first hand. I've...uh..encountered and seen things that can't really be explained, and I'm not some mumbo jumbo supernatural guy into that kinda crap.

But there are some things that just weird you out of your skin.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=569.msg21843#msg21843 date=1235379484]
While the existential discussion on what lies beyond death and faith is all very interesting and cool, we have a Religion discussion thread open now, so let's take that discussion there. No need to have two threads with the same subject being discussed right? :monster:
[/quote]

Who the shit is talking about religion?

Makoeyes987

AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wouldn't talk of the after life, the soul, existence, etc, fit in the religious section too?

I mean, I sure as hell don't think it fits in a Heath Ledger winning an academy award, thread :monster:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
[quote author=V link=topic=569.msg21744#msg21744 date=1235366712]
To be fair, Cobain was a drug addict mostly because he had a crippling stomach condition that routinely caused him unbearable pain. Also, something about Courtney Love irks me. His music is still overrated though.

He didn't reinvent it so much as he brought it to a mass audience. Honestly he didn't do anything that the Pixies hadn't already done three years earlier.
[/quote]

Agreed, the only difference between nirvana and the pixies was that nirvana had mtv coverage and much over hype.It was nothing new nor remotely as amazing as tv junkies like to proclaim it really was.
imo teen spirit and the like will never been better then alittle song named wheres my mind (plus it comes up during the fight club ending credits!).

And to be honest courtney seems like a real bitch to me, hell if i had to put up with her crap i'd get a shotgun the next time my stomace pain flared up to.
Nirvana was a nice band and a great change for the times mainstream appeal but they were no revolutionary group either.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
[quote author=Makoeyes987 link=topic=569.msg21848#msg21848 date=1235379847]
Would talk of the after life, the soul, existence, etc, fit in the religious section too?

I mean, I sure as hell don't think it fits in a Heath Ledger winning an academy award, thread :monster:
[/quote]

Seeing as how we're not talking about Angels, Demons, and magical bald men who descend from the sky on golden wings, I'd say we're not talking about religion.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Bottom line is, Heath is either dining in hell or dining in heaven.

And to counter that, Aaron, I believe ghosts exists. But not religion. I saw gramps 2 days after his death, lurking at the fucking garden when I went out for a smoke. And then a lady dressed in white with long black flowing hair following him. I was so scared I went to bed.

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
[quote author=Emperor Joker link=topic=569.msg21853#msg21853 date=1235380148]
Bottom line is, Heath is either dining in hell or dining in heaven.

And to counter that, Aaron, I believe ghosts exists. But not religion. I saw gramps 2 days after his death, lurking at the fucking garden when I went out for a smoke. And then a lady dressed in white with long black flowing hair following him. I was so scared I wet to bed.
[/quote]

i fixed that for ya.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
On a related note, I can not fucking believe Benjamin Button won best Special Effects and Best makeup.

It's a good film, but come the fuck on people.

Top Bottom