E3 2009

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
Eh, it's a video game, and historical fiction is a part of it. It's just sort of odd to have Da Vinci as the go to guy for weapons in the game :monster:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Adri, Sir Integra, Fiona, Sango
Is he branded as the "go-to" guy? I would imagine he only comes in at a select few points of the game dumping some new gadgets on him as opposed to the assassin checking in every so many levels/missions.

Shadowfox

You look like you need a monkey
Biggest surprise for me was seeing the announcement for FFXIV, to be released in 2010 for PS3 and PC.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
That was the biggest surprise for everyone.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
I think they leaked info on the PSP Go(!) just to distract everyone away from thinking about anything like this, tbh.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Oh, did anyone else see EA's press conference? Their presentation for Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO was so freaking amazing.

Hellen

メギ
AKA
Keiki, Lawlieta, Aranea
Watched the whole thing...

Didn't like the Wii presentation =/

Assasin's Creed 2 is going to be epic :awesome:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Nintendo varies for me , at times i was like i dont give a shit about this new and innovative piece of shit 30$ accessory , to omgwtfineedthenewmetroidnow.

But really nintendo needs to get on the ball imo.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It wasn't broadcast. They only did live blogs.

At the last minute they came up with the close mega theater shit.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
It was all of the same crap from last years e3.

No new titles. Probably gonna have to wait for TGS for any big news on anything else for now.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Bumping this thread by saying that I'll be more inclined to play The Old Republic than FFXIV. TOR claims to be all (class) story-based, instead of grind-based, and I quite enjoyed the other Star Wars games by BioWare / Obsidian. Could do with less statistics and such, but they were good nevertheless.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
FFXIV isn't going to have the same gameplay as the last so I wouldn't judge just yet.

Shouldn't this have gone in the FFXIV thread? :awesome:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
Yeah, I'll be more interested in getting my hands on TOR than FFXIV as well. The trailer for the former was GORGEOUS. Not that the latter's wasn't either, but less so than The Old Republic.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Really?

The old republic looks painfully mediocre to me.

And if it's FF14 related nigger it can go in the thread for it :awesome:

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
You're not serious. I mean, it's not out yet or anything, but a lot of promise seems to be coming from the game. Lots of Star Wars fans are at least hoping this is the justifiable MMORPG that they've been waiting for.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Why would I not be serious when I haven't seen anything special about it so far?

I've never been big on Star Wars, but I love a good community game. I just haven't seen anything to peak my interest yet.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Well, Yet Another Grind RPG looks / sounds painfully mediocre to me, so there.

Then again, I dunno how good TOL will score as a mumorpeger - from what I've read, you play out a storyline depending on what class you select. They'd better have loads of interaction and gameplay elements that make the game fun to play after you've finished all the storylines for the different characters. And I'd like it if they wouldn't re-use the missions for each character too often.

I do fear that it'll be worse than it sounds, really. I liked KotOR and its formula (although the conversations were rather static at times), and I could kinda see that transfer to mumorpeger.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well, Yet Another Grind RPG looks / sounds painfully mediocre to me, so there.

Stop saying that, there's no evidence it's going to be a "grind RPG" and people have already said that it's going to have a new combat system and shit to appeal to more people.

TOR has much more info about it to make some kind of idea of what it's going to be, FFXIV doesn't so any comments about it being a "grind RPG" are just assumptions.

Sheva Alomar

I'm Alive and on Fire
AKA
If memory serves me right, TOR is going to be heavily story-based, but in a complimenting way to the MMO portion of it all.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Stop saying that, there's no evidence it's going to be a "grind RPG" and people have already said that it's going to have a new combat system and shit to appeal to more people.

TOR has much more info about it to make some kind of idea of what it's going to be, FFXIV doesn't so any comments about it being a "grind RPG" are just assumptions.

The lack of info on the game does make me suspicious that it will be though - new combat system or not.

Top Bottom