• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2014

Lex

Administrator
If you get in, you are going to reveal all to us, NDA be damned. Be damned I tell you.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
OMFG omg...OHHH MMYYY GOSH. I've been on Cloud 9 for the past 20 minutes. I really hope that I get to go to the group interview, since it's AT Square Enix's office in El Segundo, and if I can go, I'll be leik "hey, so I sent you my resume last week, what now?". I'm going to go work on my "thank you so much for calling me" letter RITE NAO!

EDIT: Okay, I just sent a follow up "thank you" that should separate me from the rest of the applicants by either making me appear as a desperate borderline stalker or a very appreciative fan. I feel like a borderline stalker because I called the hiring company to ask for the recruiter's email address. I thought that was the best way to send a thank you note, since no one picks up faxes off of fax machines these days.

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
I would totally have gone alone if I had the money, but I do understand your point of view. You should definitely at least still consider going, if only to experience it.

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Well, Tets, there's a possibility that I might be there.
Here's hoping!
I just got a call from the recruiter and I'm going to the group interview next week!
:excited:

EDIT:
SO FRLIPPING EXCITED!!! If I get hired I get a free t-shirt. :D
I've been practicing responding to random questions...some of the interview content involves the platforms that we use, the genres we play and for some reason..."especially Final Fantasy".
I wonder what that means...

Last edited:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
I've been getting butterflies about this. How should I dress to the interview? Skirt? Slacks? I definitely can't wear heels because I'm too clumsy in them...are flats okay?

I don't own any makeup outside of eyeliner...are they going to look at me and think I'm pale/sickly? Should I go lay out in the sun for a bit so I don't look like a zombie?

How should I wear my hair? Should I put eggs in my hair the day before the interview, or should I do it a few days in advance? Up? Down?

Fragrance? Should I bathe in rosewater?

:aah:

Lex

Administrator
I honestly don't know Howl, it depends what they're looking for. If you go in looking like a businesswoman they might be all "she looks a bit severe, this is for video games" and if you go in looking normal and pretty they might be all "this bitch put no effort into interview-wear, she ain't taking this seriously".

So I'd go for smart-cazh :)

Pixel

The Pixie King
Yeah, go with something like smart jacket/blazer type thing, jeans, casual shoes like converse. I think they'll be looking for people who identify with the fans, rather than typical booth babes

And don't get too fangirly. They'll think you're weird :P Enthusiastic is great, but OTT and it becomes annoying. :P Talk to them like a friendly representative of the company. Your knowledge of the games is an advantage

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I would totally have gone alone if I had the money, but I do understand your point of view. You should definitely at least still consider going, if only to experience it.

Well initially I was thinking we'd be talking about how we wanna do this regarding possible appointments, maybe even interviews etc.

Now with E3 being right around the corner and me having to go alone etc I feel like I'd be ill-prepared. D:
I think I'd probably see less of E3 if I actually went there than if I stayed at home and watched the internet coverage.
And E3 isn't worth it for simply going there and experiencing it, because that's really not what it was meant for. Gamescom and the likes would be a better (and cheaper) alternative for that.

I don't know, maybe it wasn't such a good idea after all. =/

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
How'd you manage to get get a Press Badge? Do you write articles?

Well, nevermind that, heck, I write articles all the time on my blog.

Just take plenty of booth babe pictures! :D

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Just checked my email...I was chosen to work at E3. I'm going to fill out the employment docs next week. Motherfuckinawesome. :awesome:

The Twilight Mexican

Ex-SeeD-ingly good
AKA
TresDias
Woohoo! Major congrats to you.

When you know more details about what you'll be doing, let us know and I'll post a congrats article for you on the front page.

Splintered

unsavory tart
Look at all the wonderful things happening to wonderful people. It makes me happy :>

Sorry you couldn't make it Lex but there's always next year. It'll work itself out.

Lex

Administrator
Hi folks :). I'll be home in 2 days so I'll be able to watch all the streams from home.

I just wanted to say I got an email from EA inviting me to their conference and to test their as-yet unannounced titles and others.

Needless to say it destroyed my soul, but thankfully it's hard to be sad about something when you're in a beautiful place and at the top of a volcano or swimming in the ocean and shit :D.

Fangu

Great Old One
Hm, might be a good idea to let them know you're not going so there isn't a no-show registered? I don't know if they provided any info on that - but I'm sure Howl knows :monster:

trash panda

---m(O.O)gle---
AKA
Howl
Well, at the interview I asked what the most reccurent issue is at E3, and they said "people not showing up". I was asking in regards to SquEnix's contracted employees, but I'm sure that answer applies to both attendees and employees. :monster:
One of the gentlemen mentioned that people "go through the whole process, and then just don't show up at the end".

EDIT: Come to think, if they haven't arranged to send you a badge yet, they probably know that you're not going...

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Idk if were gonna have a separate E3 thread but thought I'd share this time table/time zone converter for everyone :)

lo1Wynv.png

Top Bottom