E3 2018 -Official Thread of Games and LOWERED EXPECTATIONS-

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
Well, unlike everyone else who constantly nags people whenever there's a Tweet, I'd like to at least try and understand the production process and see how far along it is, and if possible contribute any way I can.

If the FF7 remake is ANYTHING like FFXV, I doubt I'd ever be disappointed, even a little.

In fact, I'd rather they did an FFV remake in the same style as FFXV, just for kicks because of the job classes and overall experience I had.

Nonetheless, I'm not in a rush to experience games that I have no exact right to (considering the fact I still haven't completed FFXV Royal Edition yet).

I think it's better to play the games we got and enjoy stuff as we get it.

Even something like Battle Chasers: Nightwar is something I think people should appreciate.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
A healthy perspective on the Square Showcase:

https://youtu.be/vT8wYOURiUc

Eh, video mentions that Captain Spirit was shown at Microsoft Press Conference, they neglect to acknowledge that same is true of Just Cause 4, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Kingdom Hearts 3, release dates and all. There was barely anything new at this pressconference. Also the showcase might've been 30 minutes, they led us to believe it would be almost twice that time.

All the disappointment actually made me forget that people feared SE would announce FFXVI at this E3. Fortunately, they did not announce this title prematurely. Good on you, SE.

looneymoon

they/them
AKA
Rishi
If I hung out with my friends this Friday (which I didnt because I am tired and old) I would have been yelling EVERYONE IS HERE like it's a meme.

In fact, in our group chat I've been constantly sending them EVERYONE IS HERE memes since E3.

No one is neither as excited nor charmed by this tagline as I am.

:sadpanda:

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
So apparently there was a countdown for Studio Trigger x ARC System Works this week, but something happened and ...uh.... NOTHING happened yet.

We're still waiting for a response.

lithiumkatana17

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Lith

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
Stupid question, but is it at all unusual for two big companies in the gaming industry to sit out on E3? I've really only been paying attention to E3 since the remake trailer aired, so I don't have much knowledge to go off of.

It is, because this hasn’t happened as far as I’m aware. I know Nintendo pulled out for good when they basically got laughed off the stage, but now they do their directs for E3. Sony has been there since it’s inception, as far as I am aware. I’m sure others have decided not to partake certain years when they didn’t have anything to showcase, but most of the big companies make an appearance.

A lot of companies are talking about moving away from E3, though. I’ve read that a lot of them aren’t happy about fans now allowed to be there. I don’t see why, though, and I don’t get why they wouldn’t want E3. E3 is great, but I guess so much stuff gets leaked throughout the year that they don’t have much to show off once E3 gets here.

As for the topic at hand, E3 not being there is no big loss. I like sports games, but for the most part EA just sucks as a company now and seems to be taking other companies down with them. It sucks that Sony won’t be there too, but I’m really looking forward to Square and Nintendo.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
It makes sense; these companies have a lot of stuff to announce, there's plenty of press that will go to a single-publisher event, and this way they won't have to compete for attention with a billion other publishers.

I do hope they keep E3 around though, give it space for smaller developers who don't have the name / money to organize their own event.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
EA not being there is largely meaningless.

Sony not being there is probably just because they don't really have much more to show. We already know about all the remaining games for the PS4, so they're saving everything else for E3 2020 where they'll announce the PS5.

Top Bottom