• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2018 -Official Thread of Games and LOWERED EXPECTATIONS-

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
E3 2018 JUNE 12 - 14, 2018

1vR1xgv.png

Pre-E3 Conference & Showcase Schedule:

• Electronic Arts - Saturday, June 9:
    11:00AM PST
  • Microsoft - Sunday, June 10:
    1:00PM PST
  • Bethesda - Sunday, June 10:
    6:30PM PST
  • Square Enix - Monday, June 11:
    10:00AM PST
  • Ubisoft - Monday, June 11:
    1:00PM PST
  • PC Gaming Show - Monday, June 11:
    3:00PM PST
  • Sony - Monday, June 11:
    6:00PM PST
  • Nintendo - Tuesday, June 12:
    9:00AM PST

Timezone Chart:

pZLiDUh.png

You may think this thread is early but Bethesda announced the date and time for their E3 media showcase and basically that means:

TpDRVOG.gif

Will update the thread and the chart as more conferences etc are announced. :monster:

Last edited:

Lex

Administrator
TY for the thread, I am also prepared - I already booked the 11th - 13th June off work so I can stay up late to watch the conferences on Saturday/ Sunday/ Monday :3

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I hope I'll be able to watch the Sony conference. I'm sure it'll be on a Tuesday at 3am again which could be a problem since I'll have work. D:

I'd be a sad panda if I couldn't hang out in voice chat again when a Remake trailer potentially drops. :sadpanda:

Last edited:

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
Wouldn't surprise me if Sony clickbate everyone by announcing the ps5 with a remade ffvii remake trailer just to show off the new graphics.

Then do NOTHING about the remake after that.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
:pleasebeexcited:

I've no clue what to expect :monster:. Hopefully TES VI in a new engine. Not likely so we'll get TES VI anyway but buggy as fuck.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
lol yop. I think it is FAR more likely that we wouldn't hear about TES VI at all than hearing about it in the same engine. That engine is ancient now, there's no way they'd still be using it in whatever far-flung future sees TES VI released.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
You say that but at the same time they did TES V and Fallout 4. Have to say though, somehow they managed to wrangle that engine so that it would run on the PS3 (they had so much trouble with memory, given that that one only has 256 mb of memory available), etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept using the engine. And the awkward animations.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Bethesda doesn't like announcing games until they are <6 months away from release. Knowing that has helped me keep my cool as the years go by with no announcements.

Square-Enix, on the other hand... if Nomura isn't involved, they'll announce something 1-2 years before its release. Add one year for every letter of Nomura's full name and multiply it by your excitement on a 1-5 scale.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
You say that but at the same time they did TES V and Fallout 4. Have to say though, somehow they managed to wrangle that engine so that it would run on the PS3 (they had so much trouble with memory, given that that one only has 256 mb of memory available), etc. I wouldn't be surprised if they just kept using the engine. And the awkward animations.

Yeah, and Fallout 4 was four years after Skyrim, but Skyrim is now 6+ years old. I'm sure Fallout 5 will use the same engine as TES VI, and I'm sure it will still be janky because it's Bethesda. But there is no way they use that engine for another mainline TES. Every TES has had a new engine.

They rode Oblivion's engine for four years too, through Fallout New Vegas.

Also didn't Bethesda say they were doing a new IP before TES VI? I don't even really expect to hear about it.

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
I hope it's the right time for Capcom to show us RE2 remake or DMCV. Dreaming doesn't cost anything, right?:monster:
However, I expect to see something about Cyberpunk2077 and the new From Software project (please be a new Tenchu).

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Every TES has had a new engine.

I was sure they were all iterations of the Gamebryo engine - this page mentions it was used for Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas. I was sure TES V and Fallout 4 were the same one. this page says TES V (and Fallout 4) were built using the Creation engine... whiiich is based on / forked off of the Gamebryo engine, just with a graphics upgrade, nvm.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I see, interesting.

So...do you think they'll announce/tease FFXVI? Obviously such a game would be half a decade off even if announced, but do you think they will?

Lestat

He/him
AKA
Ergo, V
I see, interesting.

So...do you think they'll announce/tease FFXVI? Obviously such a game would be half a decade off even if announced, but do you think they will?

There is more likelihood of another ffxiii release than there is of ffxvi being on the cards.

Final fantasy 13 version 6.0
This time with more angst!

Last edited:

Mage

She/They
AKA
Mage
I sincerely doubt there'll be mention of a new addition to the series since the Windows edition has only just been released. It's only three months away; they'll be hawking DLC and add-ons for a while yet.

Blade

That Man
AKA
Darkside-Ky/Mimeblade
If Squeenix has to announce anything it's Valkyrie Profile: Hrist.

Because it deserves to be announced.

Roger

He/him
AKA
Minato
They'll be a proper reveal trailer for LiS2 from Squeenix, main event will still be KH3.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
2019 E3 is the absolute earliest/soonest I could seeing FFXVI being announced, more likely I think the FFVII Remake will hold the placeholder for their main Triple AAA FF game production/promotion-wise for a couple of years at least. More likely FFXVI will be announced as being in production after the final VII Remake part comes out and/or the PS5 has been released, so probably 2020 or 2021.

Kai Schulen

... ... ...▼
AKA
Trainer Red
Wake me up when DMC5 and TEW3 are announced.

(Also, fingers crossed for KH3 and VIIRemake!)

SeaDragon

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Sjödraken
Since the Bluepoint Games are working on a new remake, it's too absurd to hope for a remake of the Legacy of Kain series? and maybe announced at E3?:monster:

Top Bottom