• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2018 -Official Thread of Games and LOWERED EXPECTATIONS-

Arala

Lv. 25 Adventurer
  • Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer and Release Date
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake Trailer (Episode 1 in 2019, demo packed int with KH3)
On one hand, I want this leak to be accurate. On the other hand...I don't know if I can get rich fast enough to afford a PS4 + games in 2019. :wacky:

I really want that leak to be true. I want a demo. And I want the trailer. Just give us something Nomura!

Lex

Administrator
If you want reliable news just chill on the gaming section of ResetERA, I've always got a tab open and I check it alongside TLS :)

If anything actually happens there's normally a thread in there for it, down to trademark registrations and ESRB ratings popping up.

Arala

Lv. 25 Adventurer
https://www.resetera.com/threads/sony-e3-expectations.39218/page-5#post-7344326

Since I brought the rumor here, it's my responsibility to point this out.

I guess there's really no such thing as integrity in gaming journalism. Too much news seems to be just skimming through Reddit and other places, and hoping nobody really thinks too hard about it.

Hahahahaha...

Seriously, that's...lazy journalism at the most. Thanks for finding that, Chip. Well, unless that resetera user is a fortune-teller, then that leak is obviously fake.

Last edited:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Well on the bright side, there's now two VII-R interviews that ARE legit, and coming this close to VII-R they HAVE to be hyping us up to be thinking about it.

If Square really is going to have VII-R out next year, then a year's hype market is in their M.O and this would be exactly where they'd get started. It won't eclipse KHIII, but they'll have SOMETHING to show us.

Otherwise they truly are idiots. These articles shouldn't be out now if they really only want us to focus on current games.

Lex

Administrator
Well on the bright side, there's now two VII-R interviews that ARE legit, and coming this close to VII-R they HAVE to be hyping us up to be thinking about it.

If Square really is going to have VII-R out next year, then a year's hype market is in their M.O and this would be exactly where they'd get started. It won't eclipse KHIII, but they'll have SOMETHING to show us.

Otherwise they truly are idiots. These articles shouldn't be out now if they really only want us to focus on current games.

Chip I hope you're right but don't get your hopes up. That BRA ★ BRA Final Fantasy interview was published on February 26th and is event related rather than being focused on the remake, and what other interview are you referring to?

Go in to the conferences this year with low expectations and you'll feel mild disappointment rather than rage, is all I'm saying :monster:

I was certain the remake would appear at last year's E3 and PS Experience and I was woefully wrong. While I think it should make an appearance this year, I won't be surprised if they just focus on KHIII.

Lex

Administrator
Ah I remember that one. I don't see either of these interviews as what I'd refer to as the media floodgates being opened though, they appear to be completely random and don't tell us much (though if Uematsu is really involved in the remake, that's huge).

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer

Chip I hope you're right but don't get your hopes up. That BRA ★ BRA Final Fantasy interview was published on February 26th and is event related rather than being focused on the remake, and what other interview are you referring to?

Go in to the conferences this year with low expectations and you'll feel mild disappointment rather than rage, is all I'm saying :monster:

I was certain the remake would appear at last year's E3 and PS Experience and I was woefully wrong. While I think it should make an appearance this year, I won't be surprised if they just focus on KHIII.

People like me either commit completely or don't. x_x

I'll have an effigy of Hashimoto ready to nail to a tree if E3 turns out bad.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
I expect KH3 to get a release date at E3, and I expect it to be this year. I don't know that that definitely means they won't show VIIR stuff, but it might. But if so, I'd be happy for a soon release date of KH3 because the sooner that's out, the sooner the remake is Nomura's sole project.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I think that the late 2019 date is all based on the fact that all of the final block of the Final Fantasy XV Story DLC all drops nearly back-to-back right at the end of Winter 2018 into the early Spring of 2019 rather than being more spread out through the year like the other DLC episodes did. There isn't a really strong reason that we know of for them to clump up the release like that unless they're clearing out the space for something else, so that they can market without confusion between the two both being "Final Fantasy games" to the casual consumer. Even without any news, it's the easiest rumor to guess at with a decent probability of it being correct.
:awesomonster:

Suffice to say, ever since the FFXV announcements in April, I've felt that SE definitely already has SOMETHING planned for a late 2019 timeslot. What exactly that "something" is only time (and possibly E3) will tell.

X :neo:

Radigar

Pro Adventurer
Edit: I just realized that someone already commented about this reference here :suspiro: at least now know that i'm not crazy haha

Today I discover this official page about E3 2018 Square Enix Showcase:

https://e3.square-enix-games.com/en-us/

Take a moment to pay attention, do you see something?

Please say to me that I'm not the only one that see in the background a possible reference to Buster Sword's fissured and metallic texture:

YefwURC.png

Maybe the hype train drove me crazy :chiflado:

Full background link: https://e3.square-enix-games.com/img/se_e3_background.jpg

se_e3_background.jpg

Last edited:
^Are you referring to any particular update that happened in the last few days? Because I don't know where this update might be.

Lex

Administrator
I think Chip is referring to the countdown. I still say set your expectations low for remake news, but I've shifted my realism clock from "it's probably not going to happen" to "likely", so I'll probably end up disappointed this year :monster:

Not based on the countdown specifically, I just have a feeling.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
I'm considering taking Monday and Tuesday off for this if they let me.

Would be a glorious, long E3 weekend.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X

Looks like if we get FFVII Remake things it'll be during SE's panel and not Sony's. Still nice to have Death Stranding & TLOU2 confirmations.

X :neo:

Geostigma

Pro Adventurer
AKA
gabe
Aren't all of those games first party though? Maybe they could still show third party games during the Sony Presentation.

Carlie

CltrAltDelicious
AKA
Chloe Frazer
I'm pretty sure they said that while their main focus would be their first party games they would be showing third party as well.

Top Bottom