• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2019 Footage Analysis

LNK

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Nate
That's the discrepancy breaking in-game consistencies. Either you go by in-game distance or in-game time. Both combined don't make sense unless you walk there.

There's already a display of distance in the FFVII Remake, but within Midgar, those real distances work out as the scope is much smaller and thus the time spent traveling to a location should be consistent with the actual distance. I'm really curious about how they'll handle the areas between settlements and cities outside of Midgar without falling into the same trap as FFXV did.

UPDATE: Just finished the script for my next analysis video. Again, it grew much larger than anticipated and might even exceed a runtime of 1h! There's no hope left for me ^^°
I agree, they should choose one or the other.

Haha I can see you are passionate about the game:)

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
3rd video finished!

It took much longer than anticipated.

Question to you all: would you be ok with shorter but more frequent videos?
For example, instead of creating another 1+ hour scenes & location analysis video containing the remaining E3 footage, I could release 3 shorter videos covering the exact same content. This would increase workflow efficiency and waiting periods would be much shorter. I also wouldn't feel the urge to rush the end of a video and invest a little more time into single releases.

pxp

Pro Adventurer
3rd video finished!

It took much longer than anticipated.

Question to you all: would you be ok with shorter but more frequent videos?
For example, instead of creating another 1+ hour scenes & location analysis video containing the remaining E3 footage, I could release 3 shorter videos covering the exact same content. This would increase workflow efficiency and waiting periods would be much shorter. I also wouldn't feel the urge to rush the end of a video and invest a little more time into single releases.
I would say it’s completely up to you and what you prefer given they’re your works and we get the same content.

Man thanks for this, can’t wait to check it after work tomorrow!

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
It's time for another analysis video. Check it out!

I decided to aim for a wait time of 7-10 days between uploads and around 20 minutes of run time, give or take. Let's see how it turns out.

Because of this, I also updated the list of upcoming videos.

I hope to get the scenes & locations analyses of the E3 2019 footage done before TGS. The other videos such as character combat, character analysis and enemies can easily be enriched by new footage.

Anyway, enjoy and please don't shy away from any feedback!

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Aaaaand, here's another one.
I hope you'll like my take on the Keepers/Guardians of Fate :)

The script for the next one is already being worked on.
Brave of you to root so forcefully for Clerith on a public forum! ;-)

Btw I used to think that the affection points indicated that Aerith was ahead; but it was pointed out to me that she and a Tifa are actually more or less level, given that you have the opportunity to amass 26+ affections points for Tifa before Aerith even joins the party.

Edit: Also, I do like your Guardians of Fate theory, though in particular your correction Re: Aerith's recognition of the figures only upon touching Cloud, which is something I brought up on June 10 after watching State of Play (but no one else seemed to care about):

https://thelifestream.net/forums/th...-ps4-on-march-3-2020.21776/page-3#post-818849

:desucait:

Last edited:

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Brave of you to root so forcefully for Clerith on a public forum! ;-)
Less rooting and more showing what the game tries to slap us in the face: "hey look, this is the perfect match for Cloud! Look how well they mesh together! Look how... *stab* ...whoops, there goes the main love interest. Ah well, here's your childhood friend who actually cares more about you anyway and who's the only one capable to piecing you together so you can go and save the world. ...yay?"

I realize it might be worded in an unfortunate way, but I was trying to convey what the game tries to sell you, at least to a certain degree.
Though I did say "main love interest", implying there are more ;)

Btw I used to think that the affection points indicated that Aerith was ahead; but it was pointed out to me that she and a Tifa are actually more or less level, given that you have the opportunity to amass 26+ affections points for Tifa before Aerith even joins the party.
Good point, though does this trend continue or do both have about the same opportunity in regard to amassing points up to the date? If so, that head start of Tifa wouldn't mean a thing.

Edit: Also, I do like your Guardians of Fate theory, though in particular your correction Re: Aerith's recognition of the figures only upon touching Cloud, which is something I brought up on June 10 after watching State of Play (but no one else seemed to care about):
At least someone is paying attention :awesome:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Less rooting and more showing what the game tries to slap us in the face: "hey look, this is the perfect match for Cloud! Look how well they mesh together! Look how... *stab* ...whoops, there goes the main love interest. Ah well, here's your childhood friend who actually cares more about you anyway and who's the only one capable to piecing you together so you can go and save the world. ...yay?"

I realize it might be worded in an unfortunate way, but I was trying to convey what the game tries to sell you, at least to a certain degree.
Though I did say "main love interest", implying there are more ;)
Pretty good summary there ;) - I'm Clerith all the way btw (personal preference, I love Tifa's character too), but was just pointing out you should expect some anti-Clerith comments incoming!

Good point, though does this trend continue or do both have about the same opportunity in regard to amassing points up to the date? If so, that head start of Tifa wouldn't mean a thing.
Hmm, not sure on that. Might be something for your patient fine-toothed comb to consider if you're so inclined. What we do know, though, is that stating the starting points alone isn't enough to make a case.

At least someone is paying attention :awesome:
Tbf @Claymore 'liked' it, so thanks Claymore!

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Hmm, not sure on that. Might be something for your patient fine-toothed comb to consider if you're so inclined. What we do know, though, is that stating the starting points alone isn't enough to make a case.
Could be an interesting study for a future date mechanics or Love Triangle analysis. But as of right now, there's too little incentive and too large of a backlog to even considering it. :loopy:

pxp

Pro Adventurer
Lol, no problem! I was just about to say, I remember you posting this and thinking it was a well-spotted, and reasoned, insight into that entire scene.
Appreciate it again, man ^_^
Could be an interesting study for a future date mechanics or Love Triangle analysis. But as of right now, there's too little incentive and too large of a backlog to even considering it. :loopy:
Yeah fair enough, you've plenty on your plate and more just around the corner with TGS (thankfully for all of us!). Which begs a question. Are you going to continue making videos after the release of each part, or will you stick to pre-release speculations/analyses for future instalments? Or all of the above? ^_^

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
Are you going to continue making videos after the release of each part, or will you stick to pre-release speculations/analyses for future instalments? Or all of the above? ^_^
Certainly! I already have either ideas, notes or even scripts for other videos such as
  • a speculation for splitting points for 4 installments
  • how ending and installment at Aerith's death is a bad idea (could be combined with the previous one)
  • how data transfer between installments could work
  • a study on vehicles in the FFVII world
  • an analysis of the final product in relation to the original and comparisons in general
  • a study on Port/Remaster/Remake/Reimagining/Reboot (to clear things up)
And after the first game drops, there's also
  • a boss and/or general combat strategy guide
  • an assortment of Easter eggs and other curiosities worth mentioning
  • new analyses once trailers for the next installment drop
  • a look at supplementary works between releases
I don't think I'll ever run out of material until a year or 2 after the completion of the whole series. And even if I do, there are always other games worth analyzing or talking about ^^

pxp

Pro Adventurer
@Vyzzuvazzadth Have you considered setting up a Patreon site? That’s a hell of a lot of work, but you’re starting to get a following and Patreon might garner you the resources to dedicate more time and effort into making these amazing videos.

There’s this channel on YouTube that started only last year (won’t go into details on subject matter here), but the proprietor’s popularity exploded within months. Rather than monetise his channel (which he still updates occasionally), he set up a Patreon site with better/faster updates and content. I pay $1 a month for that. I’d be more than willing to pay the same for your work; I suspect I’m not alone.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
@pxp This is part of my current re-branding effort. You're not the first one asking for it ^^
Though I'm not sure yet if I should charge per video or per month. And I also lack ideas for rewards (I do have a few, but not enough for my satisfaction).

@ everyone: if you are interested in supporting me in the future and have ideas for nifty rewards or tier strategies, just let me know. I'm open to any and all suggestions.

Kain424

Old Man in the Room
Most creators do monthly, and you've got enough of an output level that may be good for you.

I'm a believer in the free internet, so I do Final Fantasy stuff for free. But I also very rarely post.

That being said, I would join your Patreon because I do not believe people should live like I do. I enjoy supporting certain creators.

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
@Kain424 That's very nice of you! (the making your own stuff free for everyone and wanting to support me)

I also decided to charge monthly as video frequency may increase in the future and I don't want to overcharge.

My content will always be available to everyone, though I do want to reward patrons with the opportunity for a closer interaction and being able to take part in some way.

I plan to start a "closed beta" for my re-branding project once I finish setting everything up by getting a select few people on to the misc platforms (Twitter, Minds, Patreon, SubscribeStar, BitChute and Gab (if it lets me join) but not Facebook) to work out the kinks before I go public.

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
"Again and again and again! How the hell do you do THIS THING!" :rage: Congratulations to your fifth strike in a row and breaking through the milestone of 2000 Subscribers! :awesome:

Sorry, that I'm so late to the party! Looks like I've a lot of catch-up to do! (didn't respond since Game Analysis #9) :faint:

I wish I could contribute much more in your endeavours on enlightening the peasants of the great wonder that's called FFVII Remake :lol: , but I don't have a YT account and I won't create one in the near future (not a big fan of Social Media and Google), but with every new addition on your channel, the temptation grows stronger in volume.

Patreon could be an interesting alternative (especially in case of monetizing :whistle: ), should this be your way of how you present your content in the future, you'll have my support! ;)

Regarding the new format of presenting your videos (I know I'm late for this, but anyway), I think when you have an idea how you get closer to the quality you invisioned, than this can't be a bad thing. Do what you need to do! :neo: Btw, I really dig the new "Weekly FFVIIR News" format, you have my thumps up, and ROCK ON! :headbang:

But now, lets give me the pleasure of granting you a little bit of my wisdom feedback (and random thoughts), shall we? :ego:

GA#9:
  • You said the Shortcut Menu can be used IN and outside of Tactical Mode (Time Stamp: 2:42), wouldn't that be counter-productive? Or maybe I misunderstood (like always :doh: ), and you meant we can still jump out of TM through L1, back to Real Time Combat with the SM opened up and ready?
  • What catched my eye is that non played characters, who aren't engaging in combat, are filling up their ATB Bars so slowly, that I thought it doesn't move up at all. You get a good look at it in the fight against Scorpion Sentinel, when Barret has cool downs between firing salvos, or the scene when Cloud takes a back seat when SS is crawling on the wall and getting out of his reach.
  • I'm curious about how many possibilities we'll have in regards to AI Configuration. You already mentioned that it doesn't seem like the AI has any control over assigning Special Abilities on NPCs in battle. I imagine there will be an ON/OFF toggle option for AI intervention, with that they enable the player to focus 100% on one character (yes, there are people like that too >_> ). Another option would give you the choice of three different Fighting Stances, additionally to the Standard we witnessed already on E3s gameplay demonstration (where the AI controlled character is adjusting in accourdance to the enemy's actions), we could choose between Offensive-, Diffensive- and Supportive-, more straightforward Stances. It grants the player more ways to ingage with the battle system and a greater level of strategical depth for the game... or less. :mon:
  • The graphical error on the colour mapping for the MP stats, could've happened because of a combination of circumstances. This is only a theory, but to be more precise, it's the only time where we can see an enemy on Stagger Mode AND the player using the SM at the same time. The redish/orange damage numbers are influencing the numbers on the SM, which opened up only moments ago, AFTER Stagger Mode was activated. Maybe the fast changing of sequences didn't gave the system a chance to remapping the right colour scheme.
  • I think they had a little hickup at the sound department too. Immediatly after starting the second phase of the SS fight (Barrier), when the player changes to Barret, his prompting speech begins with a stutter :wacky: , he says "I-I-I-It's my time to shine!", not sure about the source though, could've been from the stream, the video file they played on stage or the game itself.
THAT'S IT FOR NOW! I need to sort out things in my head first, before I can move on with my "feedback". I'LL BE BACK! :salute:

Btw, you've a new follower! I didn't know you can do that on TLS... whatever... I've people now that I NEED TO STALK! :muhaha:

Vyzzuvazzadth

Yazzavedth Zayann
@OdaDaimyO Thank you for taking the time for such an extensive reply! Always appreciated :)

To your GA#9 feedback:
  • I think that's a mistake. It should be "in or outside of battle" I think, as using L1 within Tactical Mode wouldn't make much sense ^^
  • Automatic ATB recharge speed seems quite irregular. It's sometimes very slow, sometimes receives a boost without the character attacking and sometimes halts completely for a bit. It might be related to movement: standing still = no gain, walking/jogging = normal gain, running and dodging = big gain. It's hard to tell, though, and I don't feel like watching the Scorpion Sentinel boss battle again and again and again, at least not right now.
  • There could be AI settings that allow you to set non-controlled party members to act autonomously, using everything from their arsenal, the opposite (as it looks like in public footage) and steps in between with choosing a certain pre-defined tactic. Or nothing at all and it's up to the player when to use ATB charges and Limits with which character.
  • Having worked as a software developer for over 10 years, I'm pretty sure it's just a display bug which messes with the MP state in certain conditions (I've dealt with similar things countless times ^^)
  • The voice line hiccup could also be caused by a cut off line with lower priority. There are lines associated with attacks and other actions. I think Barret wanted to deliver a line when starting his attack when the player switched to him, causing him to interrupt his current line with the one for the character switch: "It's my time to shine!"
And thanks for the follow!

EDIT:
Another Friday, another video. This time about Tifa's 7th Heaven and a few more tidbits about the Bike Chase scene. Enjoy!

Last edited:
Top Bottom