• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2019 Full Trailer with TIFA!

Jairus

Author of FFVII: Lifestream & FFVII: Reflections
Hyper meter = OFF THE SCALE

And the Midgar zoom out at the beginning was a perfect homage to the original, flowed in almost the exact same way. I think this game is really going to be something special. They say you can't catch lightning in a bottle twice, but SE might be proving themselves the exception in this case.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
...DO YOU SEE THIS FUCKING SHIT???

OH MY FUCKING GOD, I'M HYPED.

The way Tifa is fucking destroying these robots WITH HER FUCKING FISTS.

This is UNREAL. I am LOSING. MY. MIND. SHE IS BEAT RUSHING SAHAGINS.

And I'm losing my shit at the fucking detail and consistency with the way the Shinra Building looks between here, FFVII, and CC. They are literally combing the fuck out of their past materials to make this shit look as real and consistent as possible. I'm utterly jaw-dropped at the visuals and inclusion of like, everything.

OH. MY. GOD. Tifa's "Got you, now!" when she Sommersaults Aps in the sewer is making me dizzy. I'm at CRITICAL HYPE LEVELS NOW.

SWEET GOD, IT'S THE MUTHAFUCKIN' AIR BUSTER. AND IT LOOKS LEGIT.

...Oh my God... That last scene with Sephiroth.

"Cloud, I have a favor to ask of you.... Run away. You have to leave. You have to live.... Hold onto that hatred...."

I.. I think I'm gonna faint. I can't take this anymore....

Oh no...

Oh no.......

...Fuck you, Square. FUCK YOU FOR PUTTING THAT UP FOR PRE-ORDER!I JUST got the fuckiing Comic-Con special variant Play Arts Kai of Remake Cloud... You bastards, why would you do this?? I told myself I was done buying these damn things...

*Sighs and pre-orders*

I can't believe this. This is... This got my hype levels to Limit Break....

Defeatable

Rookie Adventurer
I love the fact they kept her ONE elbow guard. XD That's a detail I never would have even noticed until now. So it seems like the only real major differences to her outfit are a black undershirt under her tank-top, and black thigh-high socks (and with some extra pleating on her skirt.) Both changes of which I approve. :mon: The contrast between black and white just looks slick AF.

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
The last time, I ever used the Square-Enix store was back in 2006, when I pre-ordered the Cloud vs. Sephiroth limited run poly-stone statue for Advent Children.

And the last time I felt any level of hype this high, was back in 2004 when I saw the 4 minute Tokyo Gameshow trailer for Advent Children.

Like, I never ever, fucking pre-order special editions for games... The last time I did was for Sonic Mania cause it was cheap and looked fucking awesome. No risk.

Hell, I know S-E's track record with special editions. The fucking FFXV one was a disaster.

But here I am. Putting my trust in this shit. El oh el....

I mean.. This fucking game has awakened a sleeping fanboy that has not been roused to this level in a long, long time.

If you'd have asked me 11 years ago if I would have gotten this excited for the remake for FFVII, I'd have told you, "probably not."

Well, clearly, they must've learned something :mon:

Jairus

I can totally see some skilled modders making Remake versions of the field and battle models for Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, and Barret for the OG. That would be cool to see.

Can't wait to see what they show us through the rest of the year. Red XIII for the next reveal?

Jairus

A few more trailer screens. The materia's a little larger than I thought it would be, but it's still cool. I wonder how they'll handle it with 8-slotted weapons like Premium Heart and Ultima Weapon in the later episodes? I'm sure we won't get anything with that many slots in Part 1, but in the later parts it's more likely.

Oh and if the normal boss battles are as intense as we've seen, just imagine what it's going to be like going up against the WEAPONS! That'll be insane!

Attachments

• mpv-shot0001.jpg
    mpv-shot0001.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 15
  • mpv-shot0003.jpg
    mpv-shot0003.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 16
  • mpv-shot0005.jpg
    mpv-shot0005.jpg
    266.2 KB · Views: 19
  • mpv-shot0006.jpg
    mpv-shot0006.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 19
  • mpv-shot0008.jpg
    mpv-shot0008.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 18

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
Quickly made comparison shot of Tifa.

View attachment 3435

I like that they have her in stockings, because with her kicking the living bajeezus out of robots and things, it's nice to have a little bit of protection for her shins – even if it's just cosmetically. It's like the sunglasses for Barret with the muzzle flare of his gun arm – tiny cosmetic updates with the tiniest hints towards a logical improvement.

The much more interesting bit was
Barret: You double-crossing

What happened?

The dialogue from the OG just before the Guard Scorpion (or Scorpion Sentry now) fight is:

"Cloud, you set the bomb"
"Shouldn't you do it?"
"Jus' do it! I gotta watch to make sure you don't pull nothin."

So, it's clearly just the scene where he doesn't trust Cloud, but rather than a flashback, they get interrupted by the attack.

X :neo:

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
The dialogue from the OG just before the Guard Scorpion (or Scorpion Sentry now) fight is:

"Cloud, you set the bomb"
"Shouldn't you do it?"
"Jus' do it! I gotta watch to make sure you don't pull nothin."

So, it's clearly just the scene where he doesn't trust Cloud, but rather than a flashback, they get interrupted by the attack.

He's holding the fucking gun on him like, he already tried to do something shady, maybe after Clouds flashback/illusion, he accidentally attacked Barret?

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
He's holding the fucking gun on him like, he already tried to do something shady, maybe after Clouds flashback/illusion, he accidentally attacked Barret?

I mean... they're literally breaking into a power plant to perform a massive act of terrorism, so when Cloud stops right before pressing the button and looks like he's turning to break away running, of COURSE Barret's gonna start pointing a gun at him. You can watch Barret going from just standing regularly to pointing the gun at Cloud in that gameplay. There's definitely no other precedent required there, and it looks like we're not getting the Flashback / illusion during that portion at all in the Remake.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
The Press images let you read the content on Barret's dogtags, (though I do find it simultaneously amusing that even with all the detailed shirt fabric, and chest hair, that the ring loop for the dogtags doesn't appear to go through the necklace, and the little spheres get deformed near it).

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 10.25.02 PM.png

Barret Wallace / Male
December 15, XXXX / O
Midgar Avalanche, Lead
Call: XXX-XXXX-XXXX

OdaDaimyO

Conqueror of Sugar
AKA
Mochi Lover
I mean... they're literally breaking into a power plant to perform a massive act of terrorism, so when Cloud stops right before pressing the button and looks like he's turning to break away running, of COURSE Barret's gonna start pointing a gun at him. You can watch Barret going from just standing regularly to pointing the gun at Cloud in that gameplay. There's definitely no other precedent required there, and it looks like we're not getting the Flashback / illusion during that portion at all in the Remake.
...yep, looks like I memorised it differently, after watching the trailer again it's clear as day now... sorry for the trouble!

Suzaku

Pro Adventurer
Just throwing it out there, though I think most of us already knew this would be the case. Seeing how much they've expanded just this section of Midgar, you really understand why splitting it into parts was the only feasible way to do the game justice.

Obviously the scope of Midgar has always been insane, and the original game had a huge budget for 1997 with lots of cutting edge CG work, but the difference between doing Midgar as a few dozen prerendered backdrops, and fully realizing it in 3D, is enormous.

The level of detail in the long zoom out from Aerith is just incredible. You can see the residential districts on the Plate, you can see into the office buildings of Shinra HQ. That kind of scope doesn't just invite expanding the Midgar section into a full game, it probably necessitates it.

Top Bottom