• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

E3 2019 -Official Thread of I couldn't think of a title sry-

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
3 months until next E3. :monster:

Bethesda announced their conference for June 9, 5:30pm PDT

And to recap previous news, no EA conference, no Sony conference this year.

Edit:

uVIeheS.png

TpDRVOG.gif

Last edited:

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I wonder what Bethesda will have to show. Seems they pretty much played all their cards last year. I doubt they’ll be ready to show off anything of TESVI or Starfield. I thought they had a really good E3 last year, though. So glad Starfield was real.

I’m most hyped for Nintendo this year, followed by Microsoft. I’ve been a Sony fanboy sort of my whole life while also loving Nintendo (GameCube was my favorite console), but I own all three systems and right now Nintendo has won me over. The ability to take my games with me wherever I go is great, and it’s a true console quality experience on the go that the Vita tried and didn’t quite reach.

As for Microsoft, their willingness to be pro-consumer and release features like backwards compatibility while also allowing cross-play and even working closely with Nintendo is winning me over. No doubt PS4 exclusives>Xbox One exclusives by a freaking mile, but Xbox has a lot going for it. Backwards compatibility, gamepass, and a QUIET console. My PS4 sounds like a damn jet engine while my Xbox One is dead silent. Being able to hook your cable box into your Xbox One and watch TV with your headphones plugged into your controller is a huge plus for me, too.

Since Sony won’t be there, this will be a big year for Nintendo and Microsoft. This could be the E3 that shapes the next gen for Microsoft and Sony (Nintendo are pretty much already in the next-gen with Switch). Will Microsoft be able to compete due to their pro-consumer policies while Sony has caught a lot of flack for their inability to work well with others while being the kings, or will a lack of first party oomph continue to damage Microsoft’s brand? I think this E3 could go a long way towards determining that.

Ite

Save your valediction (she/her)
AKA
Ite
Yes how could you forget Square? It’s like talking about Charlie Brown without mentioning Lucy and the football.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
My E3 hype is quite simple this year:

1. FF7 Remake
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Halo Infinite

I think 1 and 2 are almost guaranteed. 3 might be withheld for E3 2020 when they do their full announcement for the next Xbox, as we've been told Infinite will be a cross-gen launch game for the next console. Although I hope we get just a gameplay trailer at this E3. Seems likely.

I'm also always interesting in anything from Nintendo, but I don't know if this will be a very big event for them. Their biggest games for this year have mostly been already shown, except Animal Crossing which I don't care about. So I'm not sure how many new announcements we'll get. We might see Bayonetta 3 and some more minor announcements. But I think given that Fire Emblem, Links Awakening and Pokemon are already coming in the second half of the year, we probably won't get much new stuff announced.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
My E3 hype is quite simple this year:

1. FF7 Remake
2. Cyberpunk 2077
3. Halo Infinite

I think 1 and 2 are almost guaranteed. 3 might be withheld for E3 2020 when they do their full announcement for the next Xbox, as we've been told Infinite will be a cross-gen launch game for the next console. Although I hope we get just a gameplay trailer at this E3. Seems likely.

I'm also always interesting in anything from Nintendo, but I don't know if this will be a very big event for them. Their biggest games for this year have mostly been already shown, except Animal Crossing which I don't care about. So I'm not sure how many new announcements we'll get. We might see Bayonetta 3 and some more minor announcements. But I think given that Fire Emblem, Links Awakening and Pokemon are already coming in the second half of the year, we probably won't get much new stuff announced.

I'm more into the Pokemon games at this year's E3, and while I doubt FFVII Remake will show up(probably missing out again this year), I'm also hoping to see what the payed DLC of KH3 has in store, and if not at E3 then at least at the TGS.

Gary Caelum

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Gary Caelum
I'm a general Nintendo fan but I kinda feel like they'll struggle to compete at E3 this year, certainly for my own attention anyway. They've got quite a lot already announced for the second half of the year, so I don't think we'll get many new announcements from them.

Maybe the only particularly new thing will be a Bayonetta 3 trailer? Obviously Animal Crossing too, but I feel that will be quite predictable. Not that it won't be a fun game. It will. But nothing particularly exciting to watch.

Last edited:

Castiel Strife

Pro Adventurer
I'm a general Nintendo fan but I kinda feel like they'll struggle to compete at E3 this year, certainly for my own attention anyway. They've got quite a lot already announced for the second half of the year, so I don't think we'll get many new announcements from them.

Maybe the only particularly new thing will be a Bayonetta 3 trailer? Obviously Animal Crossing too, but I feel that will be quite predictable. Not that it won't be a fun game. It will. But nothing particularly exciting to watch.

I think they will kill it at E3 this year. They gave Super Mario Maker 2 it’s own direct and also Pokémon Sword and Shield will be getting one. That opens up a bunch of time for E3, and I think they did that because they have a jam-packed show in store. I could be wrong, but it’s what I expect. Animal Crossing will get some love and maybe Metroid Prime Trilogy with the promise that 4 is still going strong even though they basically started over from scratch.

But I think where Nintendo will finally shine this year is third parties. I think there are a host of third party games that will be announced, some we have known about for a while and some complete surprises. I think Spyro will finally be announced, as well as Biomutant and perhaps even The Witcher 3. Hopefully we will get something like GTA V because I feel that’ll be amazing to play on the go. Road rage? Here, let me pull over and carjack this random NPC on GTA V and run them over. ?

We’ll see, though. For those who don’t care about the portability or the Switch, third party games won’t matter. But they’re something I really look forward to. I feel I can take my time with them more and really explore the worlds since it’s portable and I’m not confined the T-Rex controller position while staring glued to my TV.

Of course the most hype for me is Square Enix and how we will FINALLY get some big news about FF7R, but Nintendo is second.

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
I'm rather looking forward to Nintendo's showing too, Bayonetta 3 and Astral Chain in particular. Here's hoping the suggestions that Kamiya is back in the director's seat for the former are true, it's been a while since we've seen anything from him. Microsoft I'll probably end up watching despite having no real excitement for it, mostly curious to see if they talk about new hardware or the partnership with Nintendo that was rumoured some months ago (perhaps not likely given the cloud partnership they've got with Sony now, though).

Last edited:
Top Bottom