E3 2020/2022/2023/∞ -Official Thread of nvm it's cancelled forever-

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Officially cancelled

"Following increased and overwhelming concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we felt this was the best way to proceed during such an unprecedented global situation. We are very disappointed that we are unable to hold this event for our fans and supporters. But we know it’s the right decision based on the information we have today."
The ESA went on to say it would be in touch with both exhibitors and attendees regarding "full refunds." Additionally, it says it is "exploring options with our members to coordinate an online experience to showcase industry announcements and news in June 2020." No further details have been shared on that front as of yet, but it did also confirm that plans for E3 2021 will move ahead "as a reimagined event that brings fans, media and the industry together in a showcase that celebrates the global video game industry."

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Sony better be there when it's back next year, I want my old E3 hype back >.<
There’s still going to be big reveals though during those weeks/days I believe. It’s likely just going to be a bunch of State of Plays and Nintendo Directs and other such streaming equivalents instead.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
Statement from Square Enix:

89586333_10158212988764461_3860301564669329408_o.jpg

Odysseus

Ninja Potato
AKA
Ody
TLS thread names are on point. Wonder if game companies will just announce stuff now anyway. Probably.

Wol

None Shall Remember Those Who Do Not Fight
AKA
Rosarian Shield
I smell April fools

please be April fools, or else there won't be XVI showcase again probably.

cold_spirit

he/him
AKA
Alex T
I wouldn't worry about this disrupting any release rollouts, including FFXVI. Game companies have long moved on from conferences to their own "Direct" style videos or social media reveals.

I suspect E3 2022 Online was cancelled preciously because there was a lack of interest from developers/publishers.

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
Not to mention the pandemic hitting everything really hard since two years ago, and games like the sequel to Breath of the Wild and the ongoing delay of the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time remake both delayed to next year, the only other big games that most people as far as I know are looking forward to are Sonic Frontiers and Pokemon Scarlet/Violet. It's not much of a competition at the moment.

Top Bottom