E3 predictions

Pixel

The Pixie King
GO!

I might make a short little vid or maybe we could have a mini mini podcast to discuss it.

X-SOLDIER

Harbinger O Great Justice
AKA
X
I'm thinking that giving a better look at the bombing mission mechanics and character controls are likely, given that we got snippets of that in screenshots, and E3 seems like a decent venue to show off a little of that with more clarity without giving too much away.

If so, I'd be hoping for some TINY glimpses at Materia/Magic use since that will help to set it apart from feeling like a FFXV clone — which isn't a bad thing, but is also important. It'd be really cool to get a new tease of things beyond that (the Slums, Tifa, Aerith), as I think that'd to a lot to keep the Hype alive.

X :neo:

ChipNoir

Pro Adventurer
Not a prediction so much as an ill omen: I don't like the way the rumored itinerary says "More surprises to come" specifically under Nomura's segment.

If there's a movie or a mobile game under the VII-R flag, there's going to be a tidal wave of angry shit to ride for months.

If there's a movie or a mobile game under the VII-R flag, there's going to be a tidal wave of angry shit to ride for months.
Unless they just re-launch G-Bike and fix that game so it is no longer a money-sucking leech. But that's not gonna happen. Especially not the latter part. :wacky: I would be happy with a G-Bike re-release if they fixed the game slightly.

Claymore

3x3 Eyes
If so, I'd be hoping for some TINY glimpses at Materia/Magic use since that will help to set it apart from feeling like a FFXV clone — which isn't a bad thing, but is also important.

Personally, just speaking for myself, I think this is SERIOUSLY important. They really need to reveal more of the mechanics of combat to show that it isn't just XV dressed up. I am waiting with baited breath to find out something - anything - about the materia system that will be employed here. I didn't find XV to be great for magic ... but VII needs to be.

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
If so, I'd be hoping for some TINY glimpses at Materia/Magic use since that will help to set it apart from feeling like a FFXV clone — which isn't a bad thing, but is also important.

Personally, just speaking for myself, I think this is SERIOUSLY important. They really need to reveal more of the mechanics of combat to show that it isn't just XV dressed up. I am waiting with baited breath to find out something - anything - about the materia system that will be employed here. I didn't find XV to be great for magic ... but VII needs to be.

I'm thinking that character switching & Materia (the lack of Warp Striking) stand to make the most significant differentiation, because I still feel that the active combat, pacing, and limb breaking system will be REALLY good and are a good direction for maintaining the more "realistic" approach.

Jason Tandro

Banned
AKA
Jason Tandro, Doc Brown, Santa Christ, FearAddict, Thibault Stormrunner, RN: Micah Rodney
A new Mobile Game. What's special about this one? It has ads even if you pay for premium content! Well, after the success of pushing Cup Noodle in Final Fantasy XV this conversation was had:

SE Guy 1: So the way most mobile games work is this. We can have a free version with ads, or you can have a paid version without ads.

SE Guy 2: ... Or ...

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
A 2 minute trailer where we see most of the cast of the Midgar section of the game, and a 2018 release date for Part 1. The trailer ends with a comedy shot of Miss Cloud.

Pixel

The Pixie King
I think a trailer would probably end with a shot of Aerith coming into focus as Cloud comes to in the church. Tifa would probably have the limelight in this trailer.

Unit-01

Might be around.
AKA
Sic, Anthony
^ I would very much like this.
_______
Mostly I want to see past the bombing mission, and see Tifa and Aerith.

Possibly also if we see up to Aerith that would chronologically include President Shinra and Reno who appears slightly afterwards.

Although I guess technically Aeirth is actually revealed during the bombing mission when escaping.

Tetsujin

he/they
AKA
Tets
MUSIC

I predict we'll finally hear some proper Remake music arrangements instead of the recycled AC/DW tunes from the previous trailers :monster:

Tashasaurous

Tash for Short
AKA
Sailor Moon, Mini Moon, Hotaru, Cardcaptor Sakura, Meilin, Xion, Kairi, Aqua, Tifa, Aerith, Yuffie, Elena, Misty, May, Dawn, Casey, Fiona, Ellie
My prediction...just a few words about information, end trailer of "Now in Development" for both KH3 and FFVII Remake, and finally.....

"PLEASE BE EXCITED".

X-SOLDIER

AKA
X
Anybody else wanting to place their bets on what we'll be seeing before E3 rolls around in a few weeks?

Flare

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Flare
I'm 97% positive they'll show something about the Remake. What they'll show however is the question. I really don't care to see another clip of the guard scorpion fight. :wacky:
I feel like they might finally show some more character designs, like Aerith and Tifa and perhaps even Sephiroth. Or they might show more guard scorpion fight. :closedmonster: Or just more gameplay shit in general. Don't get me wrong, I'm very interested in the gameplay; but honestly, what I want to see most right now, is story.

I would absolutely freak out if they revealed a 1-2 minute trailer that showed the story moments. Give us a cool cinematic trailer that reveals the rest of the main characters or at least a few more, and story moments. Wall Market stuff, Midgar stuff, glimpses of beyond locations like Junon, Wutai, Kalm, etc. Have a clip showing Cloud as he begins to retell the Nibelheim events in Kalm.

Pleeeaaaaseeeee I just want more story stuff! Then they can work on showing us more gameplay after!

Misterbadguy

Phantom Lord
AKA
METEODRIVE
I'd guess we'll see Tifa at the very least if there is a new trailer. The new Cloud and Barret PAK figures are released in June in the west, leaves a great opportunity to debut a new design or two in a new trailer and simultaneously have potential new PAK prototypes of them on display at either E3 itself or a convention soon after. The prototypes for Cloud and Barret were shown at Jump Festa 2016, which was the week after PSX I think, so it would make sense.

Last year they revealed their E3 trailers the week before E3. So maybe we'll get a trailer on the 5th June?

I'd lean towards them wanting to keep the trailer a surprise for Sony's press conference, but it's certainly possible.

Channy

Bad Habit
AKA
Ruby Rose, Lucy
I would bet 100 million dollars that we'll get a redo of the classic "Sephiroth in flames of Nibelheim flashback" scene.

Top Bottom