EarthBound(Mother) series

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
I noticed we didn't have a thread for this series, so I decided to make one. Anyway, I love the shit out of this series. It's right up there with FF and Pokemon in my all time favorite game series. Definitely the funniest game series evar. Anyway, in recent EB news, Mother 2 was recently released on the Wii U VC in Japan. What do you guys think abut a NA release? Could it happen? Should it happen? I think it'd should. If they released EB on the Wii U VC in America I'd be sold on a Wii U. In any case, Itoi thinks EB should be released on the NA Wii U.
http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/04/mother-2s-wii-u-ratings-and-scores/
Here's a thing about Mother 2's Wii U VC ratings and scores. I think it should have a 5/5 rather than a 4.5/5 but 4.5 is still reasonable. I definitely agree that it appeals to everyone, and that it's moar suited for intense play than casual.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
Abortedj, The Offender, Abortedjesus, Testicules,
I am a big fan of the Mother series. In fact Earthbound is my favorite of the 16-bit rpgs, and might be my favorite of all time. It is one of the few games that really had a good sense of humor to it, something very rare in the over serious genre of JRPGs. I would happily buy this game again if it ever came out on the American VC. I would even pay to get a version of it for the 3ds (hopefully a trilogy pack at that point).

I made a little video about Earthbound a while back, I hope any Earthbound fans here enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDOTPxzODL8

Gym Leader Devil

True Master of the Dark-type (suck it Piers)
AKA
So many names
Ah, Earthbound. I've said this before, it is one of the single greatest things ever and I'll fight anyone who claims otherwise :reapermon:

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
I've always been interested in the Mother franchise ever since I saw their character in Smash Bros. the history of the three games is really interesting. And I have always wanted to play Earthbound/Mother 2 or Mother 3 (or even Mother 1). Glad the second one it is finally being made available again in NA and Europe.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
The fact is it coming to the Wii U, and not the Wii, really makes me sad. I still got a cart that works, but plugging in the snes when I want to play it getting to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

Ryushikaze

Deus Admiral Parsimonious, PHD, DDS, MD, JD, OBE
AKA
Tim, Ryu
The fact is it coming to the Wii U, and not the Wii, really makes me sad. I still got a cart that works, but plugging in the snes when I want to play it getting to be a bit of a pain in the ass.

I can see why it's a disappointment only being on the U, but the system's controller is actually pretty perfect for playing SNES games on.

Theozilla

Kaiju Member
Very interesting that there are changes made. Could this be a sign we might get a three pack for the 3ds. The fact anything was changed makes me think there might be more work going on behind the scenes. I know it is a slim chance, but still.

The changes might be more for minimizing seizure risks.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA

Kermitu Kleric Katie

KULT OF KERMITU
This makes me want a Wii U also. However, as of this second, Earthbound is the only game on it I really give a shit about. Monster Hunter might be worthwhile, but it can be had elsewhere.

There are several upcoming Wii U games I think look interesting, such as Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

Abortedj

The Crawling Chaos
AKA
There are several upcoming Wii U games I think look interesting, such as Pikmin 3, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, and Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem.

Pikmin 3 does look pretty good. I am wondering how different the Wii U and 3ds Smash Bros will end up being.

Naruhodo

Rookie Adventurer
There's a copy of Earthbound sitting at one of my local gameshops for 850$. It's almost as if they're determined to keep it. I wonder how long it's gonna last before some derp empties his wallet on it? :monster:

Top Bottom