• There are currently leaks out on the internet for FFVII Rebirth; we have received legal notice about these being posted on the forums. Do not post any images, videos, or other media, or links to them from FFVII Rebirth or the artbook. Any leaked media or links to them will be deleted.Repeat offenders will be suspended.
    Please help us out by reporting any leaks, and do not post spoilers outside of the spoiler section.

[Editorial] 7 Compilation Characters Who Could Appear in Final Fantasy VII: Remake

Rydeen

In-KWEH-dible
Love this list! Especially Evan and Denzel. Regarding the last selection.. Idk, maybe it's possible to redeem Genesis, and considering he is begrudgingly deeply entrenched in the canon now, they can't just pretend he never existed. :monster: So I guess they can try to make his character more understandable through a side quest? A simple cameo or reference to him would just be pouring salt in the wound for the people who hate him, I think.

Cannon_Fodder

Pro Adventurer
That was a fun read! Hats off to Cutsceneaddict. I especially like the Dirge of Cerberus character; I either never knew that character existed or forgot all about them, but there's potential there!
Love this list! Especially Evan and Denzel. Regarding the last selection.. Idk, maybe it's possible to redeem Genesis, and considering he is begrudgingly deeply entrenched in the canon now, they can't just pretend he never existed. :monster: So I guess they can try to make his character more understandable through a side quest? A simple cameo or reference to him would just be pouring salt in the wound for the people who hate him, I think.
They can though, if they just believe :moar:
:desu:

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
Wow... Who is this guy? They did a phenomenal job! Love the unique and detailed choices. They obviously know their stuff.

Didn't know about those interviews either. So what Nomura said about the Compilation in the latest Famitsu interview wasn't the first time he said that. Ain't that interesting to know. :mon:

I agree with everyone on this list except Denzel. He's simply way too tied to AC and the fact he didn't know anyone from FFVII back then. Like. That would be way too forced, to me.

Kunsel being shown to be a SOLDIER desserter or even an NPC in the Shinra Building not wanting to fight you would be cute. It'd make sense to see him there. Nothing would strain credibility there or feel jarring.

Denzel would feel like one of those BC episodes that have you inexplicably meeting with an FFVII main character for no reason.

Ruvie Tuesti technically already appeared in the OG FFVII as stated in the article, so including her again wouldn't be that surprising.

Last edited:
Their portfolio is impressive.

A lifelong gamer and award-winning pop culture writer, Cutsceneaddict has publication credits in KHInsider, Florida Geek Scene, Geeks Under Grace, Geekdom House, Area of Effect Magazine, Beneath the Tangles, iCosplay Magazine, and more.

In 2013, her love of Square Enix led her to initiate the annual PROJECT: Magic Kingdom Hearts event for Kingdom Hearts fans at Disney’s Magic Kingdom in Orlando, FL, and co-found the California branch, The Keybearer’s Alliance.

When she's not embracing her dreams and expanding her horizontals, she spends her time wielding chopsticks, cosplaying, growing her 700+ figurine collection, philosophizing about psychology and religion, and squinting at strange words.

Teioh

Pro Adventurer
AKA
Teiocho
I love the idea of coming across wanted posters and what-not of compilation characters! Those are the kind of extra details I've said I'll be looking out for and also expect all you lot to point out for me :mon:

Though for most of those characters I'd personally prefer optional dialogue with other npcs who mention them rather than actually meeting and talking to them in person. Denzel and Evan in particular, maybe catch a glimpse of them in a cutscene or something and that's it. But that's just my own preference. Anyway I enjoyed reading it, great work Cutsceneaddict ^_^

Makoeyes987

Listen closely, there is meaning in my words.
AKA
Smooth Criminal
My deepest, darkest and purest wish in regards to inclusion of characters from a spin-off would be that in a later episode of the FFVII Remake series... Like maybe the last one....

Would be the inclusion of the Before Crisis Turks as hidden semi-super bosses.

My dream would be done in a newly redone Battle Square at the Gold Saucer. Where each former Turk member would be a boss that only 1 character could fight. And the former Turks fight there for money and as something to do for fun.

And the final, hardest Turk to fight would be the Legendary Turk. :mon:

Cutsceneaddict

Lv. 1 Adventurer
AKA
Cutsceneaddict

Nice to meet you Ryvius! Thanks for taking the time to check out my editorial. I went back and forth on whether to include Genesis in this list, as polarizing as he is to the fandom. But ultimately there was evidence that pointed to his ease of inclusion in the remake, so I decided to stick him in #7 :3

Since most of the original FFVII team is assembled for the remake, we can (hopefully) anticipate well-founded decisions about what is changed and what is expanded upon. Sometimes less is more, as is the case of Genesis. Still, DoC more or less left players on a cliffhanger for a continuation that never came. While I doubt this remake will provide any closure there, I'm curious to see if and how they address it. A failsafe way to reference the character would be to have NPCs loitering around LOVELESS posters quote a few lines from the epic (since those lines are most associated with Genesis’ character).

That was a fun read! Hats off to Cutsceneaddict. I especially like the Dirge of Cerberus character; I either never knew that character existed or forgot all about them, but there's potential there!

They can though, if they just believe :moar:
:desu:

Thank you so much Cannon_Fodder. I wanted to pull out all the stops for this editorial since I know TheLifestream.net has such a high caliber of research at its disposal. I’m honored to receive so much thoughtful feedback.

The DoC character completely flew under my radar during my first playthrough. It wasn’t until my second that I caught the reference to FFVII and Avalanche. From what I’ve heard from other fans, this seems to be a pretty common phenomenon.

Good list of characters, I would not go so far as to say that SOLDIER is all but disbanded in OG FFVII however, you can fight an unlimited amount of SOLDIER First, Second and Third Class SOLDIERs if you feel like it, they just have a disappointingly inconsequential role in the story.

Hi Roger! Thank for your feedback and for reading. You’re absolutely right. I agree that saying “disbanded” is a bit strong, so I did modify that part of the article in retrospect. It’s more that the glory days of SOLDIER are long gone and, like you said, they have a very underwhelming role in the plot compared to their portrayal in Crisis Core. At the very least, all of SOLDIERs major players have either been killed or deserted.

Wow... Who is this guy? They did a phenomenal job! Love the unique and detailed choices. They obviously know their stuff.

Didn't know about those interviews either. So what Nomura said about the Compilation in the latest Famitsu interview wasn't the first time he said that. Ain't that interesting to know. :mon:

I agree with everyone on this list except Denzel. He's simply way too tied to AC and the fact he didn't know anyone from FFVII back then. Like. That would be way too forced, to me.

Kunsel being shown to be a SOLDIER desserter or even an NPC in the Shinra Building not wanting to fight you would be cute. It'd make sense to see him there. Nothing would strain credibility there or feel jarring.

Denzel would feel like one of those BC episodes that have you inexplicably meeting with an FFVII main character for no reason.

Ruvie Tuesti technically already appeared in the OG FFVII as stated in the article, so including her again wouldn't be that surprising.

I love your avatar and I’m SO FLATTERED! *erupts in flames*

I’m glad I was able to collect so many interviews and insights in one convenient place. I was so excited to come across not one but two interviews where the Compilation was addressed in respect to the Remake.

As I stated in the editorial, including Denzel in the Remake would prove a challenge because of his significance to the sequels of FFVII. He may be the least plausible of the entire list from an objective point of view. It has been stated, however, that the Remake has no continuity with the Compilation, so if Denzel were to appear, he could essentially be “reset” in anyway the development team desired. I guess we won’t know for sure until March. In any case, I think including a Denzel-like character would be a great asset to rounding out Midgar’s demographics and giving a little extra weight to the Sector 7 tragedy.

I think Ruvie has a great chance of being included (and named this time!), and I agree: Kunsel would be a very natural inclusion.

Well here's his/her intro post: https://thelifestream.net/forums/threads/lets-mosey.21500/

Hasn't been online since the article was published but I'm sure he/she'll like all the positive responses in here :monster:

Welcome to the forums cutsceneaddict XD

I’m really feeling the love, Lex. Thanks for the warm welcome!

Their portfolio is impressive.

Thanks, Shademp! Writing, gaming, and research have been tri-fold passions of mine since I was old enough to click a mouse or hold a crayon. I’m happy I got the chance to contribute here.

Imoressive article! Well-researched and argued, and fun to read.

Thank you so much TTM! My eyes and brain were definitely sore after pouring through countless interviews, articles, and analyses. But the outcome was worth the effort. I had a total blast putting this together.

I love the idea of coming across wanted posters and what-not of compilation characters! Those are the kind of extra details I've said I'll be looking out for and also expect all you lot to point out for me :mon:

Though for most of those characters I'd personally prefer optional dialogue with other npcs who mention them rather than actually meeting and talking to them in person. Denzel and Evan in particular, maybe catch a glimpse of them in a cutscene or something and that's it. But that's just my own preference. Anyway I enjoyed reading it, great work Cutsceneaddict ^_^

Hi there Teioh! Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! I’m also fond of the indirect approach, as it’s unobtrusive while also acknowledging the greater Compilation—pleases everyone! I’m sure many characters will cameo via being mentioned in dialogue, either through initiating conversation or simply by overhearing chatter from NPCs.

Top Bottom