English version of FFXIII to have no japanese track

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Leon S. Kennedy,Terry Bogard, The Dark Knight, Dacon, John Marston, Teal'c
OK. I'm calling bullshit on this.

No reason they can't have dual audio on both consoles.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Laziness doesn't explain it either, they have to record the English audio track regardless of whether they put dual audio tracks on the disc or not. They're just cunts.

ForceStealer

Double Growth
OK. I'm calling bullshit on this.

No reason they can't have dual audio on both consoles.

FF13 could be a significantly larger game (indeed, it probably will be) than any of those. Having dual audio might require more disks for 360 than it already will.

I really don't care about dual audio unless the dub were really atrocious, which I highly doubt. But sacrifices of any kind made to the PS3 version for the sake of the 360 will piss me off.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Lost Odyssey is a giant game, so I highly doubt that FFXIII will be any longer than it.

Probably the same amount of play time.

Super Mario

IT'S A ME!
AKA
Jesse McCree. I feel like a New Man
Damn it, they always make it harder for me to pirate my shit... Ahh fuck it, guess I'll use Jewtube to listen in on Nippon dubs.

Cthulhu

Administrator
AKA
Yop
Makes little sense, really. True, HD-DVD has a peak capacity that's 20 GB less than that of the PS3, but then, how much room would dual audio tracks cost? The 38,2 days of music I have on my computer right now takes up 87.something GB. I doubt that the total amount of audio in FFXIII would exceed 500 MB, or 1 GB at most, which should fit on there without too much trouble, I think.

Ⓐaron

Factiō Rēpūblicāna dēlenda est.
AKA
The Man, V
Yeah, hence it's almost certainly Square Enix just being 'tarded. Unless the game's already at full capacity on each disc as it is, which is unlikely.

Max Payne

Banned
AKA
Well it's pretty much confirmed we won't have the option after G4's interview with Kitase. He says he wants everyone to have the same content, and since all 360s don't have harddrives this ain't possible.

He also confirmed that the Xbox 360 version of the game is still very, very early in development. Saying they hadn't started active work on it until after the japanese demo was done.

That's freaking wonderful, the wait for the american version might be longer than we thought.

Top Bottom